• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

falln

Smash Ace
welp me and havok was uploaded from e4u2

its kinda really good for how to play :kirby2: : :snake:
but it also has me getting **** on by his pocket :metaknight: because i dont know how to recover lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4gVzsQZgE&feature=youtu.be

i had been theorycrafting the idea of hovering offstage if mk chases me and then when hes out of jumps to just follow him back to the edge but apparently kirbys up b is too damn slow for that. i guess ill just have to recover really high or really low + DI the dair and resign myself to the fact ill be taking damagez

vs :snake: though was awesome!

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Not everybody DIs the same way, you can't really teach someone how to do a string if their movment is unpredictable.
Otherwise, I would suggest fthrow-uair-utilt-bair-fitlt-fair-dthrow-uair-uair-uair-ftilt-fsmash. Death every time.
i think you took that a little too seriously lol

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Watching your Snake vs Kirby match makes me want to play Brawl a lot. Snake is also my favorite MU to play as Kirby, I'd like to say I had it on lockdown during my prime, but I haven't played many USA Snakes so I'd rather not (although, all the USA Snakes I've played up til today as Kirby, I've won against with no exceptions).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Not really, only that the gameplay gets better the more you progress. And that the storyline is awesome. And the music is AWESOME. And it's pretty long too, so prepare to get hours of your life sucked into it. Thats about it.

Man, that was one good game.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I hope you're right, I saved at the part where you get the first "story quest" to bring the dude food, and being that this is the third time I've switched character control, I still can't tell who the main protagonist is. And for the love of crap, if they're going to stick me in a massive city from a time period I still can't distinguish full of quantum distorted people who only exist when I'm within 5 feet of them, can you at least give me back the arrow that tells me where to go? Now all it does is say "!Quest", which isn't helping.

However, I have faith in it, so once I get motivated to play some more, I'll be back to non-productivity. And that bloody arrow had better be there or someone's getting yellow porridge dumped on them from the girl who makes the grunting noises of a 40+ year old Ukrainian woman whenever she jumps.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol Kmatt, play with japanese voiceovers and english subtitles. Made the experience SO much better for me, you have no idea. You'll know who the main protagonist is soon enough. No spoilers though, but the game is pretty hardcore. Japanese voiceovers make it feel like a badass anime that I'd totally watch and love.

You have no arrow that tells you where to go on some quests, but there are ways of knowing where you have to go. The quest info gives you a location, and you have to use the map to find it. Once you're at the location, a red "!" mark will appear on your minimap telling you where the goal is. You can do the same for locating people, but it's a more complicated process, and I always found it fun when it's not just some arrow telling you where you have to go... However, on most of your storyline quests, that arrow will be there.

Also, the arrow doesn't always point you in the right direction, it's always pointing at a straight line and you don't always have to go on a straight line. Just saiyan... :rolleyes:

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah, that became glaringly obvious once I had dinner and therefore re-booted my mental state. I'm going to try that Japanese voice thing, see if works out as well as using that setting in Melee while playing "Pokemon Battle", arguably the best "House Rules" game Bill and I ever came up with.

However, I can't help but notice the graphics, and while music, gameplay, and storytelling have always been more important to me, how does a game like Monster Hunter Tri, which was made in, what, 2009? Have such beautiful visuals while a 2011 game depicts it's ultimate battle of godly titans in the opening cutscene as slow-motion origami with drawings on it's flat surface. I hate to listen to myself gripe over something as petty as that, but I can't seem to get it out of my head. Urrrg, I'm turning into one of those people, aren't I? Probably a result of watching so much Zero Punctuation. But even the circular hole on the inside of the magical sword is just a 14-sided polygon, I mean come on, I know you people can do better than that!

Well, to help alleviate my newly discovered condition, let me say something nice.

(And as I type that, I find I have to leave abruptly. So much for that)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Haha, yeah, that became glaringly obvious once I had dinner and therefore re-booted my mental state. I'm going to try that Japanese voice thing, see if works out as well as using that setting in Melee while playing "Pokemon Battle", arguably the best "House Rules" game Bill and I ever came up with.

However, I can't help but notice the graphics, and while music, gameplay, and storytelling have always been more important to me, how does a game like Monster Hunter Tri, which was made in, what, 2009? Have such beautiful visuals while a 2011 game depicts it's ultimate battle of godly titans in the opening cutscene as slow-motion origami with drawings on it's flat surface. I hate to listen to myself gripe over something as petty as that, but I can't seem to get it out of my head. Urrrg, I'm turning into one of those people, aren't I? Probably a result of watching so much Zero Punctuation. But even the circular hole on the inside of the magical sword is just a 14-sided polygon, I mean come on, I know you people can do better than that!

Well, to help alleviate my newly discovered condition, let me say something nice.

(And as I type that, I find I have to leave abruptly. So much for that)
LOL

The graphics aren't stellar, and I agree that it's the one thing the game lack in. But IMO, sacrificing graphics for ALL the gameplay, and cutscenes, and quests, and items, and areas, and bosses, and (...) that are in the game, it's a trade I'm gladly willing to make.

MH3 was the same 5-6 maps repeated for like 100 quests, most of which had to do with the same few monsters, capturing/killing them, or gathering materials from somewhere else. Not to mention it didn't have many cutscenes, and although the areas looked huge, once you finally started playing them, you found out they were separated into "zones" and required loading times whenever you moved between them. Xenoblade Chronicles, although when changing from area to area you do require some loading, eeach area isn't separated by zones, AND they are absolutely enormous. One in particular... Holy hell, it's gigantic! And it has one of the best BGMs in the game IMO.

It's better than MH3. Leagues ahead of it, I'm afraid. Only thing that made MH3 amazing was multiplayer, and IMO, that's a sad thing to say about a game. I'd lprefer a game that would be remembered for being a masterpiece, than one that's good only because you can play it with your friends and have fun.

Btw, that LOL was because Zero punctuation is indeed funny in a good way.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Omg falln..... watching that match helped me learn ALOT of things in that matchup. you played it really good!!

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll stop ripping on it before enjoying it enough to have a valid opinion, Kewk ;)

However, now that you're here (in an internet sense), I must know, your subtitle says "Kirby, ZSS and Nox, baby". What does "Nox" stand for? I simply can't seem to deduce it for the life of me. And when you explain it to be something so simple and obvious, I'm also going to feel rather stupid, if that kind of pleasure gives you any incentive to take time from your strenuous moderation duties to answer.

And for the sake of maintaining relevance to the actual Kirby discuzam, may I just comment that Falln's excessive stalling in the above video is (to me, anyway) quite brilliant? It always felt to me that I simply had to play by Snake's rules, running through endless waves of grenades (wait, is this Brawl or Halo I'm writing about?) and landmines only to get hit in the face with a sliding mortar tube. I never realized just how much of a crutch that is for Snake and by denying him that freedom of projectile usage, it leaves him so very crippled. You'd better believe the next Snake to run into me is going to be rather frustrated. That, or it's an actual snake, with I will most likely overreact to and try to crush with the nearest available boulder.

There, that ought to fill my "actual Brawl posts" quota for a while.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Alright, I'll stop ripping on it before enjoying it enough to have a valid opinion, Kewk ;)

However, now that you're here (in an internet sense), I must know, your subtitle says "Kirby, ZSS and Nox, baby". What does "Nox" stand for? I simply can't seem to deduce it for the life of me. And when you explain it to be something so simple and obvious, I'm also going to feel rather stupid, if that kind of pleasure gives you any incentive to take time from your strenuous moderation duties to answer.
Lol, Nox is the guy in my avatar (I wish I could say more, but in case anyone's interested, I don't want to spoil anything). He's the antagonist for Wakfu's season 1 (the guy in my pic), and he is extremely awesome. I started to REALLY like the show once episode 15 rolled by (since it picks up at about that time), but absolutely fell in love with with it once I saw the special where his backstory is explained (then I saw Ogrest's special, which the world of Wakfu is designed around, and it was AMAZING). It is just so well made, it was fantastic. More shows should be like Wakfu. D:

Then after getting to season 2 episode 15 (whose, I started playing the MMORPG and haven't stopped for months. That's all I do in my spare time now (besides wishing for a smashfest, which I'm going to tomorrow FINALLY).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I just lost singles easily. One match was with diddy, I lost that one.

The other was with Toon Link, I lost that one too. I really don't feel anything but gloom.

Vinyl, go to TheSaintKai's fest tomorrow! Contact him through VMs or something once you're back from your tourney! I'm going there tomorrow. :O
I can't. My other friend wants me to come to his house and play games.
Plus, I'm still under parent restriction. I just have to wait that out until I go to college or something and get my own apartment that's less than $300.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I was really hyped to have won a tourny set today vs. Chibo's R.O.B.! Last match was saved so I'll see if I can get a hold of it. I also money matched Will and Dabuz. I learned that Will is a bit skimpy on the Kirby match-up. He's still real good though. I took them both to game 3 but, so close, I could pull through. Aw well, I'm gettin' better!

:phone:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I was really hyped to have won a tourny set today vs. Chibo's R.O.B.! Last match was saved so I'll see if I can get a hold of it. I also money matched Will and Dabuz. I learned that Will is a bit skimpy on the Kirby match-up. He's still real good though. I took them both to game 3 but, so close, I could pull through. Aw well, I'm gettin' better!

Good shizz on Chibo!

As a side-note, I got 9th today, I'm pretty disappointed...I feel like my skills were hindered or something, like I wasn't playing as good as I do at home. It was a very frustrating feeling, but I guess it was just one of those days. Then again, I was countered by an IC again...again...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You know what, I'm just gonna stop playing all characters.

Except ICs. Ditto ICs are just one of the things I need to be doing.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I got two matches recorded of my Kirby today. A set against Neon. I got bodied hard; hopefully you guys can critique it. It's for real, not a troll, I just suck. :/ They should be up in a couple days or so.

Y.b.M. Is my master, teaching me to use the All Powerful Kirby.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I used to ditto IC's. Until I went against Vinnie. My Kirby did better than my Climbers... He knew the ditto so well!!! >.<

I should start bringing my climbers back up to par though...

Edit: Looks like I got 9th place. Oy my region is tough. Power ranked players everywhere, plus the tough lesser known players. Work everywhere, hah! Japanese ruleset feels so limiting to me! At least PS1 is legal but people ban that off the counterpick list almost at first chance. =(

I got someone better.

Twinkie action panda actionpanda twinkatgc
*that feeling when you're wondering why Smashboards is no fun anymore, then you realize that you accidentally unsubscribed to the Kirby GD, and you realized this when you get bored one day and namesearch yourself, to land yourself on this marvelous post*

red heads omgggggg <3 :crazy:
thank you kewkky for luring me back here with redheads and man did i miss you guys

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*that feeling when you're wondering why Smashboards is no fun anymore, then you realize that you accidentally unsubscribed to the Kirby GD, and you realized this when you get bored one day and namesearch yourself, to land yourself on this marvelous post*

red heads omgggggg <3 :crazy:
thank you kewkky for luring me back here with redheads and man did i miss you guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uT2dCeyehw

Unsuscribing from the KGD... How dare you, man. :(

To be honest, this and the BBR are the only places I've been going to for the past number of months. Arguing with walls all around SWF gets boring after awhile.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can't use the Ice Climbers for s---. The hardest character to learn next to Zero Suit Samus.
But, but but but but..

but....

The PK kids....

Anyway, the advice on running is right. You can definitely do more than you think. I do martial arts, and one of the things that was planned for it* (although it never ended up happening due to..... Lemme just act this one out:
"So, are we going to do the coal walking now?" (Shihan)

"You're kidding, right? We should have lit the fires hours ago if you wanted us to do it tonight." (the shihan's cousin)

Ahh, gotta love the leaders of styles...)

*... was fire, or coalwalking. Very scary, but it can be done, it's just mind over matter.

So yeah, push yourself. You don't even have to go much further every day. I suggest starting off doing a couple ks, then just increase it a couple hundred metres or so each time, perhaps even less if you have enough time to steadily increase it. And remember, if you do it regularly, it's much better. It's like, if someone was training for something, 1 hour per week is much better 2 hours every 2 weeks, get what i mean?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
But, but but but but..

but....

The PK kids....
Ah forgive me for this but...is Kirby bad against the PK kids? I honestly don't know Kirby's match up chart and I know it keeps getting changed. It just seems every time I use Kirby it is I somehow get pitted against Olimar and Ice Climbers. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uT2dCeyehw

Unsuscribing from the KGD... How dare you, man. :(

To be honest, this and the BBR are the only places I've been going to for the past number of months. Arguing with walls all around SWF gets boring after awhile.
I most likely unsubbed to it on Smash Mobile, cause that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. The letters are too small for my fingers and sometimes I hit the wrong one. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've unsubbed from the Shack or the Toon Link boards on accident, LOL.

And I wish I could go to Wendy's with that girl mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I most likely unsubbed to it on Smash Mobile, cause that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. The letters are too small for my fingers and sometimes I hit the wrong one. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've unsubbed from the Shack or the Toon Link boards on accident, LOL.

And I wish I could go to Wendy's with that girl mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Well I'll be damned. Congrats on your title Twinkie lol

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ahhh, finally played some Brawl with Pensacola people. Maaaan, I was so bad at first, but I slowly scraped the rust off of my Kirby and ZSS. I still got lots of warming up to do though, gotta condition my fingers to follow what my mind is telling them to do, but I'd totally enter a tourney as I am now for the lulz.

I want more Brawl!

Yeah, I quit a while ago, but I want more Brawl now, even if it's with the ****ty MK Banned APEX ruleset that they're using in PR.

I feel like I got much much better, and I want to see how I stack up against the rest.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah forgive me for this but...is Kirby bad against the PK kids? I honestly don't know Kirby's match up chart and I know it keeps getting changed. It just seems every time I use Kirby it is I somehow get pitted against Olimar and Ice Climbers. =/
Nah, I just meant PK kids I always hear are pretty hard to learn. :awesome:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Oh gotcha. I like using Ness and Lucas but I detest when my PK Thunder 2 blasts me off the wrong way or angle and I KO myself because of it. =/

I can thank the Japanese players that I randomly run into over here to bringing my mood back into playing. 5 months seems long.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I ended up doing this Quick Cutter glitch twice in battlefield.

Idk, but I think I'm really close to figuring out how it works.

I'll keep working on it.

Top Bottom