• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
heheh, the thing about MK is that in a perfect world, the perfect MK would never EVER lose to the perfect Kirby.

I just played a MK on the ladder, and even though I clearly outplayed him, the matches were close because of his stupid priority. Anytime I threw out an attack, his attacks would beat it. That's just the way it is. The only way I can hit him was when he wasn't attacking, or he was shielding, or dodging, or throwing the wrong attack out (like uair when I'm on the side Bairing him)
or if I space a Bair, he attempts to shieldgrab it, and I punish the whiffed grab with a Fsmash :] (that's how I won game 3)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You guys must use Stone when someone is coming back. It's funny to kill someone near the edge, and using Stone to kill makes Kirby sexier. =D

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone here know the release date of Kirby Wii?
I heard somewhere its coming out Fall of 2009, i forgot where tho, i cant prove myself...>_<

As for the crazy priority of MK, again, i would say stay back and let me screw up his patterns, because even MK with his almost lagless moves can be punished lethally for a slip-up. Or his repetitive pattern can easily be interrupted with a well-places shield-grab/b-air/f-smash/etc.

Remember, most of them don't expect u to punish or interrupt them, they think they are as broken as we think they are, so when u do something, their game is thrown off completely.

The element of surprise...lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
It doesn't exist.

Seriously, it was supposed to be released last year, you know. Now it's this year. Kirby Wii is a lie.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
NO DONT SAY THAT ;_; Maybe they're just spending more time on it to make it more epic! Or maybe to release it with all the other new Wii games comin out, like Punch Out!

Lovely

Smash Lord
It doesn't exist.

Seriously, it was supposed to be released last year, you know. Now it's this year. Kirby Wii is a lie.
♣ You forget that Kirby Air Ride was suppose to come out for the Nintendo 64, but got canceled and was put on Gamecube the fallowing four years later. So far, no new info doesn't mean the game is a lie. ♥

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sakurai sneaked into my house last night and let me play the new Kirby game for the Wii. I was told why it was delayed and what it's real release date will be. I was also made to promise that I would never divulge any of this information to anyone on Smashboards.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
sakurai Sneaked Into My House Last Night And Let Me Play The New Kirby Game For The Wii. I Was Told Why It Was Delayed And What It's real Release Date Will Be. I Was Also Made To Promise That I Would Never Divulge Any Of This Information To Anyone On Smashboards.
o_o SAKURAIIIIIIIIII

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Thats nawt nice...fellow GnW Kirbys should stick together. :(

Anywayz guys im 90% sure goin to a semi-large tourney 2morrow, prolly about 40-50 ppl attending.
I already know there's gonna be abundance of Snakes lol, hope its not gonna be too intense...

*opens Luck Jar for donations* =D

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ But Marth is very sexy, that's why he's getting all the talk. ;p ♥

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thats nawt nice...fellow GnW Kirbys should stick together. :(

Anywayz guys im 90% sure goin to a semi-large tourney 2morrow, prolly about 40-50 ppl attending.
I already know there's gonna be abundance of Snakes lol, hope its not gonna be too intense...

*opens Luck Jar for donations* =D
I'm going to the same tournament. Yes, there are going to be some of the best Snakes in the country there. This tournament is going to be filled with Snakes, MK's, and DDD's. Oh, make sure you know some good anti camping strategies, there are quite a few players that like to run the clock and ledge camp, it's what happened to me last tournament.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mr. Game & Watch Kirby is the best looking ability... if only it was the most useful ability and not able to get bucketed. D=

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is my first time visiting the Kirby Boards....
yet I recently realized I use him more than any of the characters I consider mains. 0.o

and yes, shadow kirby is smexy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He's better than Shadow Kirby that was in Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad. D=

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
He's the exact same character that he's been since you left. xD No changes.

....No changes whatsoever.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I never visit these boards anymore but i saw some of the Apex thread today so i figured i clear a little up. The reason why Chudat got 33rd at Apex is cause he honestly hardly ever plays regular brawl anymore. Most of the MD/VA region plays straight brawl+ and melee including Chu. I really dont see Chudat as being a big threat in Brawl anymore do to the fact that none of them want to play it. (now brawl+ is a different story, he got 1st there :))

So i would be lookin at Y.B.M. being the new top kirby player on the street. I've met and played the guy once. He's a pretty nice dude. He uses the wiimote + nunchuck tho which is really quite weird, but eh... it works.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Speaking of Brawl+.

I guarantee you that if Brawl was released, and it was very similar to how Brawl+ currently is, people would love it. There are still lots of people that complain about how people are hacking Brawl to make it better.

Those same people would like Brawl if it was released similar to how Brawl+ is, and would complain if you tried to hack it into what is now known as "vanilla Brawl," saying that it's a terrible game and stuff.

Just my opinion.

And if you think YbM is the new top Kirby player on the street, I'll just have to show him my moves next time I go to a tournament.

{{{ Bringing in random wifi discussion from the Snake MU thread }}}

The thing with wifi is this: you can say that some characters are better in lag, but the truth is, only certain aspects of most characters improves in lag.
For example:
1. donkey kong for the most part I guess he's better
2. toon link TL is actually pretty crappy online. The only thing he improves in is that projectiles are harder to avoid so it means he needs to spam more.
3. pit I guess...if you're an arrow spammer
4. wolf wolf's "regular playstyle" doesn't work in lag, but his c-stick and B-button become godly
5. zero suit samus ZSS is horrible in lag...I guess her Side B and laser are harder to avoid...
6. fox Fox is also bad in lag. If you spam a few certain moves, I guess he can be pretty good.
7. ike eh...depends.
8. yoshi no idea
9. sonic if you play Sonic right, then yes IMO he's practically unbeatable on wifi. He controls the pace of the fight against most characters
10. luigi *shrug*
11. ness can't recover in lag
12. ice climbers (Debatable, but i believe this to be true, even with how hard wifi makes chain grabbing) ICs suck in lag

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Speaking of Brawl+.

I guarantee you that if Brawl was released, and it was very similar to how Brawl+ currently is, people would love it. There are still lots of people that complain about how people are hacking Brawl to make it better.

Those same people would like Brawl if it was released similar to how Brawl+ is, and would complain if you tried to hack it into what is now known as "vanilla Brawl," saying that it's a terrible game and stuff.

Just my opinion.
My opinion exactly. I've told lots and lots of people that exact thing. Great minds think alike i suppose.

Also, i would like to stress the fact that Chu also did have a harder bracket which also didnt help so much.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

I never did get my hands on a copy of Squeak Squad. Was it any good? I liked Amazing Mirror well enough, but it felt a bit lacking after having played Super Star and Adventure for so many years.
It's good, but it's baisicly one of the top most easiest Kirby games out there and you'll beat it in a few days with 100%. But the good news is that you can change into a lot of colors for Kirby in this game, and you get to play as Shadow Kirby. =D

hey its been 3 or 4 months. anything happen with kirby/brawl???
Galaxy is back!?! You should come back more often, I miss you. T_T

T-nuts

Smash Ace
The thing with wifi is this: you can say that some characters are better in lag, but the truth is, only certain aspects of most characters improves in lag.
For example:
yea, certain aspects of characters improve on wifi, and certain aspects of characters are made worse on wifi. With that list, I was just saying that those characters are all more competitively viable online than kirby is.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

DC

Smash Cadet
So i would be lookin at Y.B.M. being the new top kirby player on the street. I've met and played the guy once. He's a pretty nice dude. He uses the wiimote + nunchuck tho which is really quite weird, but eh... it works.
Ybm got a bye and beat 2 different people. That's hardly the "new top kirby player."

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
It's good, but it's baisicly one of the top most easiest Kirby games out there and you'll beat it in a few days with 100%. But the good news is that you can change into a lot of colors for Kirby in this game, and you get to play as Shadow Kirby. =D

Galaxy is back!?! You should come back more often, I miss you. T_T
Yeah man I may eb back. I have been playing MLG halo but I kind of like it here better so I dunno.

All except Lucario X_X. Lucario=SSS tier in lag.

Ninja Spike!!!!!!!!!!

*remembers that they haven't found anything in almost a month:(*
Nice. Could be useful.

Is the Brawl community still active? Like tons of people going or has it died down?? I only ask because I keep seeing posts in this thread on how people don't play anymore?

Top Bottom