• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I blame class, that's always get's in the way. I'm currently in college and pin to the point I can't play my big systems but my handhelds. ♥

TreK

Is "that guy"
:O

What kind of things can you find? Hitbox shapes, grab boxes, frame data...? Before I ask anything I just want to know what the possibilities are... And Welcome to the Kirby community, where the real good Kirbies are probably not heard of!
Well, out of my mind, what I can get is
-the startup time, how long does an hitbox last, tripping rate (dtilt = 30-35% ; that's the only tripping move I found) and stuff that depends on the move like IASA, how affected by DI the move is, shield damage...
-I can have the invincibility on dodges and stuff (kirby's spotdodge is the same as Diddy's, how broken <3)
The thing I can't have and I'm angry for this is how long does an animation end ; it would have been great for diddies =/

Range is somehow inaccurate with PSA, because the hitbox's size may change with time and we don't know what size unit is used anyway. I can SOMEWHAT have the hitbox shape when you're unsure, but nothing accurate.

In exemple huh... Kirb's -100% ledge attack sux because there's 1 frame of "pwn me plz" between the end of the invincibility and when the hitbox comes out ._.

Still getting started with it, and imo most of what I can get with PSA you have it already ;p

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I post sometimes. Usually I just search my name a lot though :p

I never really stop by the social thread, though... maybe I should more often?

Anyway, I hosting a free tournament this saturday... thoughts on no-entry-fee tournaments? I think it's a good way to get new players to come to tournaments, plus everyone in our scene is broke right now >_>

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Anyway, I hosting a free tournament this saturday... thoughts on no-entry-fee tournaments? I think it's a good way to get new players to come to tournaments, plus everyone in our scene is broke right now >_>
I have been thinking of doing this for quite a while now. Even if there's no money prize, it's great for people to get together and know the local players, and for the locals to meet the out-of-area players... AND to get new people too, since they get to enter for free, and see all the veterans play.
I love that idea, but haven't had the chance to do it yet...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I thought that was called a smashfest, lol.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I thought that was called a smashfest, lol.
You don't promote smashfests, and most of the time where I live, it's invite-only, as in, only the people that the host knows (and a few friends) can go. Usually it's like 20 people max... Plus the matches are random, not organized like a tourney bracket.

Percon

Smash Lord
I'll have small (probably edible) prizes for top 3... so there's at least some incentive to win.

On a side note, I hope there's enough time left over for a Kirby's Air Ride city trial FFA tournament :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
On a side note, I hope there's enough time left over for a Kirby's Air Ride city trial FFA tournament :D
So far, you're saying things that I have wanted to do for a while. In PR, a couple of people idolize that game as a freakin' fun party game. I'm gonna start bringing it to random tourneys so we can play while waiting for the finals to finish! :o

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's the most underrated Kirby game of all time besides Kirby Dreamland 3. The AI's are cheating when their at level 9. They have stupid speed with their Air Ride Machines, even with the Rocket Star with out using the boost. >.<

Triple R

Smash Lord
Air Ride gives me headaches and makes me nausous when i play it lol, it's the only game i've ever experienced that with. I don't know why though XD. I don't know if it's just how the screen moves or something, but it makes me sick after like 30 minutes.... :(

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Air Ride gives me headaches and makes me nausous when i play it lol, it's the only game i've ever experienced that with. I don't know why though XD. I don't know if it's just how the screen moves or something, but it makes me sick after like 30 minutes.... :(
I'd imagine because of the constant rough turns and decreasing/increasing of speed, as well as the TV's image moving so fast and your surrounding area staying still.

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
D: dang i've never played it. ehard a lot of cool things about it though
Its actually a lot of fun even though i totally suck at it and it was my first time playing at a friends house. You should play it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think we discovered Seibrik's AT before anyone else did. Remember Fast Fall Rock? I'm sure nobody would had notice that tech could be used for more than one character and move at the time.
I don't think the Stone thing has anything to do with it :p

Please tell me. I really want to know the secret. T_T
All you do is safe your GIMP image as ".gif" and play around with the options they give you. "Save as animation" then Export, and there's a dropdown menu on the next one, and I think it's something like...1 layer at a time or something. It's not too hard.

You hafta make multiple layers in the picture.

This tourney had a 5min stock match time limit,
looooool

Unless it has two stocks....a 5-minute time limit for a 3-stock match is absolutely ********. Even non-campy games go past 5 minutes sometimes.

What else was I gonna say here? ._.
My Kirby sucks now. I play too much Fox. Or rather, I don't play enough Brawl, lol.
He's way funner, unless you go up against a Pikachu that grabs you and chaingrabs you to like 80% and you have no choice but to QQ.

That's when you counterpick Kirby and mercilessly beat the **** out of them >=(

Not that I've had that happen yet. I was just playing friendlies >_>

Lovely

Smash Lord
What else was I gonna say here? ._.
My Kirby sucks now. I play too much Fox. Or rather, I don't play enough Brawl, lol.
He's way funner, unless you go up against a Pikachu that grabs you and chaingrabs you to like 80% and you have no choice but to QQ.

That's when you counterpick Kirby and mercilessly beat the **** out of them >=(

Not that I've had that happen yet. I was just playing friendlies >_>
♣ I think you haven't played enough Brawl. ;p ♥

♣ It's always funner to play a character you haven't played before or haven't played in a while, I don't know, it's always like that. It may not be fun to play Fox with Pikachu, but it is fun to play Pikachu vs Fox. ;p ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
♣ It's always funner to play a character you haven't played before or haven't played in a while, I don't know, it's always like that. ♥
I guess that's the reason why I find Marth and Snake very fun now, who knew using Dancing Blade, and Snake Sliding would be so much fun..... 助けて わたしを. T_T

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
playing a lot of characters generally gives you more knowledge and more adaptability, but just never forget your main :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i play all the s-tier characters and my mains pretty well

but man i get the most enjoyment when i try to bring out potential of lower tier characters

i really enjoy solo zelda, sonic, lucas/ness

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah.... ahh, i've tried many times but i haven't really been able to play yoshi with great success, and i usually have a knack for picking up characters!!

i guess i really dont know his strengths well. i usually just tend to rush in with bair but i know there are bigger and better things!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yoshi's too cool, but all the effort you need to do to get decent and still get ***** by any sworded dude is stupid. Maining him is fun, but he's a BAD second, I just dropped him... For the 4th time. Stupid addictive dinosaur.
Maybe if Bbrawl gets legal I'll second him... for a 5th time.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Haha. I'd use him in low tier tournaments. :D If I ever participated in low tiers. Last time one went on I was playing Zombies. >.>

Think L4D as a board game. Hahaha!! So much fun!!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dunno, for some reason even after watching good yoshi videos i still have trouble knowing what to do

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Off-topic, much?

Anyway, I'd like to share a combo that I discovered with Kirby that I think you're gonna like! Or you're gonna be angry at me because you already know that.

Spike Combo! I'm sure any good Kirby player and people who've played against him knows his dair is a spike. The combo involves you using dair on the foe (off-stage) and the moment you're done, footstool them! That way you can laugh at them to death when they die :laugh:.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess he fought people that don't like Yoshi's playstile... which I kind of find annoying at times. I remember me getting egged camp so much that I just said screw it and just walked up to it, perfect shield all the eggs, and F-Smashed Yoshi. XD

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I gotz internetz accessz! :D

This is my brother's laptop (didn't bring mine...). Drove from Ithaca (NY) to Newark (NJ), about 5 hours on Sunday. We were flying to Israel via Rome, flight got delayed for 2.5 hours by hurricane Bill (I think that was what it was called), which was how long we had to make our connection from Rome. We got were supposed to board the plane at 5, but boarded at 5:45 and left at 7ish. Stupid overnight flights >.> got there at 7:30AM Rome time, 2:30 EST, missed flight to Israel. Rome airport was terribad and lol at the same time. Huge airport, completely unorganized, no showers anwhere, and we somehow managed to get out twice without going through customs. Overnight flight again, 10:15-1:45 Rome time, 2:45 Israel. Landed in Tel Aviv, got our luggage and stuff, stayed at some relative's place that we didn't know, got to sleep at 4 Israel. Went to beach this morning (first time in 3 years:)), then we went to the place, showered, went to train station to go to Haifa, missed train by seconds, next train was 45 minutes late. Hung out with cousins and one of my dad's college friends. Ate dinner at a restaurant, got back here and hour ago and hung out since.

Place names included on the off chance that you know where they are.

Edit: Is suspect banned again? lol

Top Bottom