• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'll have to work at unlocking that then. I haven't even been to all of the zodiac chambers yet. lol

So that's how you get the 1,000,000 score. I should really try out 9.0 more often.
Yah, you will need the aquarius blade in order to get all blades.
And 9.0 isn't too hard once you get the hang of the monsters in a chapter-where they come from, their attack patterns and from that it's all a matter of dodging.

Although chapter 24 is holding me back, the great sacred treasure is boss blocking me pretty bad, it's been hours and I've noticed I can get past all the trials before it without using any powers. So I'm changing my power layout to fit the battle style I'm needing to defeat TGST- namely aries armor 4, charge shot 2, and heal 4. I actually do use heal during the previous stages sometimes, I'm not wanting to risk it because aries armor is pretty beast- it's how I beat cragalanch with an arm on intensity 9. My pred cannon seems to go right through crag's defenses in chapter 24 though, so I get through that battle usually with minimal damage.

So my warning is the chapters that are obviously going to be hard to do on 9.0(18, 24, and 25) I haven't tried 23 yet, but I'm thinking transparency should greatly help me against the heart. It's all a matter of strategizing sets that are made to beat the chapter, that and reading the monsters' movements.

Update: WOOOOO. I went through with my plan on using aries armor and charge shots and barely beat TGST after my SECOND time in crisis mode, my heart was beating 200 BPS I swear. Only one more left until all 9.0s are done.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Way to be a spoiler man :I I didnt wanna know what that box gave.

I had no trouble doing 18 on 9.0.
Until I got to Pit's Body.
I died without landing a single blow! D:

Maybe I should practice with a low-valued Magnus Club in FFA. :I Not that it has the same mechanics or anything

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Way to be a spoiler man :I I didnt wanna know what that box gave.

I had no trouble doing 18 on 9.0.
Until I got to Pit's Body.
I died without landing a single blow! D:

Maybe I should practice with a low-valued Magnus Club in FFA. :I Not that it has the same mechanics or anything
I had no trouble with pit's body. I just stayed about mid range from him until he shot and dodged then went in with a combo. That's also pretty ironic how we had so much trouble on the same level but on two different parts.

Also @fenrir: I'll add you and look through the previous pages to add other people, I probably should have done this before you opened a room but better late than never.
EDIT: actually I probably will do that tomorrow night, it's pretty late and I spent pretty much my entire afternoon+night trying to finish 9.0, so I'm beat.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I had no trouble with pit's body. I just stayed about mid range from him until he shot and dodged then went in with a combo. That's also pretty ironic how we had so much trouble on the same level but on two different parts.

Also @fenrir: I'll add you and look through the previous pages to add other people, I probably should have done this before you opened a room but better late than never.
D: When I fought him, he was impossible to dodge! He'd fire a charged shot, and then use homing continuous fire when I dodged. D: And he fires three in a row, its almost impossible to dodge. >_<

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
D: When I fought him, he was impossible to dodge! He'd fire a charged shot, and then use homing continuous fire when I dodged. D: And he fires three in a row, its almost impossible to dodge. >_<
That's why I suggested being mid-range, or to be more specific he's just out of magnus's club range, which is why I can quickly go in for the combo-although I think once or twice he did manage to hit me with continuous fire but I was already in the unflinchable dash animation of going in for a combo. It can't hurt to try.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just got all of the zodiac chamber weapons. That unlocked quite a few achivements for me. :)

I still don't have all the weapons unlocked yet though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
looks like nobody's joining tonight. I'll give it a few more minutes before I give up.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Figured there was going to be hosting tonight, but Xenoblade got TOO good. Over 40 hours in now. e_e Perhaps tomorrow.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm right now just going for weapon unlocks. The Aurum blade is pissing me off though, as I'm taking out all of the turrets during the boss fight, but never enough for the 8 required.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm right now just going for weapon unlocks. The Aurum blade is pissing me off though, as I'm taking out all of the turrets during the boss fight, but never enough for the 8 required.
Strange, I have the aurum blade and I didn't even know how to unlock it.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I wasn't online yesterday I was at next level arcade: The big 2 #22. Anyway who wants to play?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Strange, I have the aurum blade and I didn't even know how to unlock it.
Yeah, it is the Aurum Core boss fight that reminds me of Tron for some reason. Anyways, you're supposed to take out at least 8 of the turrets surrounding that boss. And I always focus on the turrets first. I even run laps around the whole arena to make sure that I got them all. For some reason, it isn't unlocking. Chapter 15: Destroy 8 of the Aurum Core's guns.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
oh thank god I knew I could count on smashboards to have some actual players. It's gotten far too easy to take 1st on random wifi.

FC: 4940-5470-2081

lets play =]

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it is the Aurum Core boss fight that reminds me of Tron for some reason. Anyways, you're supposed to take out at least 8 of the turrets surrounding that boss. And I always focus on the turrets first. I even run laps around the whole arena to make sure that I got them all. For some reason, it isn't unlocking. Chapter 15: Destroy 8 of the Aurum Core's guns.
They regenerate when the boss gets low on health and fire at you more rapidly. Take them out first, then start attacking the boss, and stop to take them out again when they reappear. Hope this helped ^_^

EDIT: So guys, just out of curiosity, does Instant Death Attack work on bosses?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Flintlock Staves aren't too shabby either. They pack a really nice punch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Flintlock Staves aren't too shabby either. They pack a really nice punch.
Really? That's my favorite staff in appearance at least.

What about the laser staff? It's on the one I get the most

Life

Smash Hero
Laser Staff has the longest range of any weapon that isn't named Earthmaul Club.

I personally like Insight, have a decent Flintlock too

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've never really used staffs, I should really get around to trying a few out though.

I like the SSB4 thing in your sig. O: I wish I knew how to do stuff like that. xD SSB is my favorite series. I used to have a list of 30+ Nintendo characters I'd like to see appear in one lol. :p Including Chibi-Robo xD
Check out the Smash Wii U thread and ask for a guy named StarPhoenix, he's the guy who's been making all of those sigs. ;)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
"When freaky aliens from space gives you lemons, you make freaky alien lemonade!"

Boy, do I love replaying levels in this game.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
"When freaky aliens from space gives you lemons, you make freaky alien lemonade!"

Boy, do I love replaying levels in this game.
Especially since a lot of the time, the dialogue changes depending on what type of weapon you're using xD

---: Then I shall! ....maybe. I'm shy. xD
Also, you misspelled review in your signature. :3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
---: Then I shall! ....maybe. I'm shy. xD
That's why I suggested the Wii U thread to begin with. Not to mention it's also a fun thread to check out IMO. ;)

Also, you misspelled review in your signature. :3
"Looks"

****!!! :facepalm:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I will admit, some of the best lines comes from Pyrrhon.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Pyrrhon, was he evil or not? I really couldnt tell. o-o I dunno if the merging with the Aurum Brain was an accident or if he planned it.

Also, here's something fun to notice; You know how Hades talks about a wish in Chapter 10, where he mentions killing a little girl's parents? Theres a few silly pictures of the family in the lower screen.
The girl is the same girl that picks up the ring in chapter 18 ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pyrrhon truely was Hamazing. But yeah, I couldn't really tell if he was evil or not?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got done talking about codecs in the Wii U thread.

Pretty much everyone wants to see some this time around with Palutena, Hades, and Viridi. BD

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
The aurum themselves remain mysterious too. You can't really tell that they were "evil," because they weren't wanting destruction like Hades, just to spread like normal life as Viridi says. But as for Pyrrhon, you can't tell if he's evil or not because all you know is he wanted to level up, he never really said what he'd do after that.

Also a REALLY interesting thing I noticed as I did 24 on 9.0, the easiest place to get narrowly avoided shots in air battles is right as those super fast and hp-heavy monoeye and mik come from behind the monomiknose. Just go in a circle like normal and I always get 5 or more shots to narrowly avoid me. If I were to guess why is because their shots always go to where you were and have little time to home in on you, in the perfect combination with the speed the shots move at.

I also added everyone's FC from pages 40+ for now, again my FC is 0473-7784-2867.

The Aurum brain is a total troll. xD IMPLYING
I will not be controlled!
>WE WILL NOT BE CONTROLLED.
I see what you did there- conTROLLED!

Top Bottom