• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
The Flower Mound team (me, kirbykid, drhadji) still play every Friday around 7PM if you guys want to join. I believe Kirbykid linked his event calander a few posts back. Let him know if you want to plan something an he can put it up there, so everyone can see it for scheduling.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
That's 8 EST right? Texas is central time, that's what I learned from WHOBO

And I haven't thought that far ahead yet, maybe I'll show

John2k4

The End of an Era
Found this in a drawer, and have no clue where it came from. Anyone here want it? =P

Seems to be one of those card things you scan with the 3DS.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'll see if I can scan it tonight for you guys. That was with my phone camera and the flash kinda reflected a bit. =P

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
You do know there are already tons of scans of that card?

IIRC it's one of the cards which come with, or can come with your game.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Hehehe.
What's everyone's favorite weapon in KI:U? For one, my favorite weapon is the First Blade and the Meteor Bow. Homing action and quick charges! Get an maximized First Blade and you're be the terror in the field! +3 Shot Range is a must.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Favorite weapon is the Drill Arm that can pierce the heavens!
For some reason, that weapon always wrecks people, despite the fact that it isn't the best weapon I have, as I have no patience to make a good one.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Upperdash Arm. I have a giant gyro attached to my arm, and it spawns black holes. What's not to love?

For every type though?

Arm: Stated
Blade: Probably Crusader. I really like its shot cancellation and general stats.
Bow: Darkness. Concentrated power with decent melee.
Cannon: Cragalanche. I love how it visibly rolls and has a slightly lingering explosion on the backdash.
Claws: Gonna have to go with Beam here. Really like its continuous fire.
Club: Magnus. Nothing destroys like a Magnus.
Orbitars: Arlon. Good range, awesome cont. fire, especially the backward. Straightforward and all around good.
Palm: Great Reaper. Summoning is fun!
Staff: Flintlock. Probably one of the best weapons in Solo.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Favorite weapon is the Drill Arm that can pierce the heavens!
For some reason, that weapon always wrecks people, despite the fact that it isn't the best weapon I have, as I have no patience to make a good one.

Well, drill is probably the best multi-star weapon... (so easy to make)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I finally got a red gem... or over 10,000 kills in multiplayer. Does this mean I play VS mode too much? XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

☯ Though I still need to complete the whole game on intensity 9. )=

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I should had made my post clearer, lol. I mean to say with nothing but LvD with random people not with friends. I have yet to play free for all.

Life

Smash Hero
Regardless.

#grammarstapo #nottwitter

Got a PM out of the blue from MKDH the other day, was kinda nice hearing that someone remembered me.

Life

Smash Hero
First rule of game balance is that you don't talk about game balance.
Second rule of game balance is that you don't ta--*flintlock'd*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't know you got anything for kills. I myself only have around 2 to 3k kills.

And yes, like Mario Kart, no talking about balance.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I'm guessing I need to play free for all? I don't think I can get more kills with just playing LvD, at least I don't know how. )= [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Rules about game balance: don't talk about game balance unless it is actually balanced. Otherwise, expect a head ache of balance discussion, no matter how logical said arguments are.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Or just pretend you're not saying anything.
After that post.

There's no reason to talk about game balanced because, even if it is broken, it won't get fixed.
So if you're going to whine, stop and just go play a different game.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Or just pretend you're not saying anything.
After that post.

There's no reason to talk about game balanced because, even if it is broken, it won't get fixed.
So if you're going to whine, stop and just go play a different game.
I prefer to call it disappointment. Which is exactly what it is. I could list this game's flaws in its multi player, but I'm not.

Because I understand where Sakurair wanted to go with it, but sadly, this was not something I was looking for. I play quite a bit of competitive games, so I will simply say that it was a disappointment.

Now, I fail to see what is so wrong in disappointment, and even more so, fail to see what is wrong with an opinion, whether it is good or bad.

If you took my previous comments as personal attacks against the Kid Icarus multi player community as a whole, then I an sorry, as that was not my intention.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
No it's just that I'm entirely sick of the constant repeating of "Baww Flintlock" and "Baww Eyetracks". That's really all it becomes. It's never a fresh perspective.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
There's zero base to say the game is balanced, or imbalanced conclusively without any extensive data from tournaments, or experience with a variety of high level weapons.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
There's zero base to say the game is balanced, or imbalanced conclusively without any extensive data from tournaments, or experience with a variety of high level weapons.
Ahhh, I was thinking something entirely different. The problem I had with this game was the weapon value and weapon fusion system.

High weapon value always would trump your lower weapon value. So, even if you did have the better skill, the better weapon would almost always trump you about 9/10 times. It becomes even more frustrating when you know your dodging and tacts are just better than your foes, but that one lucky shot takes you down. A 9/10 chance of you dying irregardless of player skill, but based on your weapon? You lose all competitiveness.

It becomes difficult to become competitive unless you invest hours in learning the weapon fusion system, and also spending hours just to get that weapon right. It is a nightmare, and is not fun. Why should I waste time on something so tedious, just to be competitive? Sorry, but I have better things to do.

I believe that the weapons themselves are balanced well enough, expect that certain abilities can make certain weapons a bit . . . frustrating at times. But that is more bearable than people with less skill using a weapon as a crutch. Being better than me is one thing, but beating me just because your weapon can eliminate my health in a couple of lucky shots is another. (If I can dodge your shots with ease, and you eat my shots as of they were candy,and then you beat me when I run out of stamina or out of the hundreds of shots that you were firing at me, that one, fatal blow hits, I think there is a problem there. For me anyways.)

Sorry if this post was long, but I just wanted to show you what I believe killed the multi player for me.

Life

Smash Hero
No it's just that I'm entirely sick of the constant repeating of "Baww Flintlock" and "Baww Eyetracks". That's really all it becomes. It's never a fresh perspective.
Does anyone actually complain about Flintlock? I mean, we have comedy rage because it tends to kill out of the blue which makes it annoying, but does anyone think it's legitimately OP? I haven't been paying attention to the meta so I'm curious.

and DAK (besides that you're really trolling me with grammar), high value doesn't always win, ask the people who play 100v first blades. You just have to dodge a lot and try to get reads off of your knockdowns. As for fusion, it's exponential effort--even if you spend a quarter of the effort someone like Dunno spends, you can still get a fairly decent weapon. It's why Magnus Club is easier to make good than Eyetracks--both are commonly considered OP (although I disagree on both counts), but Magnus is more popular (based on my experiences in LVD randoms) in part because all you need on it is a certain amount of ranged stars, a charged shot mod, and maybe a speed buff, and then you're free to add filler; meanwhile, Eyetracks require SH/SH/DCS/6stars and possibly some more on top of that (freeze, FHB, a negative modifier, OD, whatever) to really make optimal.

If the fusion system looks daunting, try making a different weapon. For example, Flintlock (among a lot of other weapons) literally only requires ranged stars and either DCS or SCS (and not even particularly high numbers of those, since its damage scales highly with distance), and from there you're free to screw around with other things; Ogre Club is even easier since it OCKOs with 4 melee stars (it's the lowest value one-shot weapon in the game, clocking in at 105 value via MC+4 and... I think it was DCS-2?); Viridi Claws with confusion or shaking makes for nice harassment and works decently basically no matter what other mods you have on it. Just off the top of my head.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm a bit too stubborn to make different weapon types. I find something that I like, I'll stick with it.

And even though it is possible to win against a high value weapon, sometimes you make the wrong call, or luck just wasn't in your favor. Possible to win, but the odds are always stacked against you.

Life

Smash Hero
@1 Well, if that's how you see it, that's not really our problem eh? No offense.
@2 Of course high value weapons beat low value weapons more often. That's because they can't afford to die as often.

Top Bottom