• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Wii Gameplay Discussion

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Rumor has it that Nintendo is pruducing a new Kid Icarus title to give new life in the franchise. And the game may be in development by the infamous Factor 5, a former 2nd party Nintendo developer who recently released Lair on the PS3 BUT also released many starwars titles such as Rouge Squadron whitch received great acclain for its graphics on the gamecube and gameplay.

Now with the infamation at hand what do you think the gameplay in this game will be like. Or what kind of game will it be Factor 5 has made more games then flight simulators. But I think their aiming for a God of War Ninja Gaiden Prince of Persia kind of action game with segmants of flying and gliding.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Bah, why the heck are they creating new concept art? The best one out of the bunch is the Brawl render. And if Pit grows up, why would the game be titled KID Icarus.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Because logic would proclaim that they would have used Brawl's render instead of leaving said render to rot. >_>

But whatever, I'm more excited for the possible new DK game that could be announced (what with more possible evidence pointing towards that happening)

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Omg Someone Call 911 Be4 Its Too Late!! In The Future Pit Gets Hit By A Bus And It Leaves His Face Deformed!!!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
meh, didnt really like prince of persia, i mean it was a good game and i finished it all the way through (just the first one though)

idk i just thought it was pretty repetitive and linear

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If it's like any other Nintendo franchise it will play like "Ocarina of Time"... >_>

Anyway, if they want this series to do exceedingly well they will need to break our hearts and pretend the first game never existed. Start a new franchise with a much broader plot with plenty of opportunities for character development. If they want to make Pit into a Link-like character where actions speak louder then words that's perfectly fine. A stoic yet caring hero is best suited for that of an Angel. However Nintendo HAS to step it up and have some voice talent. And finally, as much as Nintendo loves their motion control, it needs to be restricted greatly. Restrict it to Arrow view and perhaps even FPS style sword swinging action. (See "Daggerfall", greatest combat system ever...)

In the end this series would be unique to the market so long as it has a healthy mix of Nintendo's touch and what most of the great games today have. A story befitting a theatrical presentation.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Actually I'd find it funny personally if Samus and Pit both had games released at the same time. But that's more of a personal issue. ^_^

tirkaro

Smash Champion
bleh. The very fact that this game is being made by Factor 5 pretty much turned me off in the first place, though those horrible concept arts that make pit look like kratos' half-******** cousin definitely aren't helping.

But ******** Man Icarus or not, I'm pretty sure either way, those ******* at Factor 5 will screw the Kid Icarus franchise into a crappier version of GoW with crappy flying mechanics or whatnot.

Top Bottom