• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing percents: Peach's Tilts

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
The average weight for all fighters, including mii fighters and excluding Shulk's monado forms, is ~95.5.
The closest fighters to this weight are Pacman, Sonic, and Robin with 95, and Pit, Dark Pit, and Wii Fit Trainer with 96.

So, I'm doing all my data on Pacman. Sorry, lil guy.

Of course, only Omega stages from the center of the stage. No vectoring with CPUs, so expect a slightly higher threshold when facing other players.

Let's focus on tilts for right now.

Up Tilt - ~200%
Up Tilt Sweetspot - 146%
Up Tilt Sourspot - ~210-220%

The funny thing about up tilt is that there is a sweetspot on the lower part of her body and the surrounding area, as she's raising her arm. The main heart of the up tilt doesn't kill until around 200%, at the very tip of the heart hurtbox. If you sourspot it somewhere in the middle or the side of the heart, it won't kill until somewhere above 210% usually.
I tested it on ZSS as well, to understand the specifics. ZSS will die at 138% sweetspotted, but because she is taller than Pacman, the heart will hit her head if you get too close, and you get a sourspotted up tilt. Interesting move. Watch out for spacing with taller characters if you want the sweetspot.

Forward Tilt - 182%, air and ground
Forward Tilt Sweetspot - 153% air, 162% ground

Forward tilt has a sweetspot, at the tip of the heel while being raised. If you nab the opponent with the sweetspot as they are approaching from the air, you'll kill about 10% earlier than if they were approaching from the ground. As far as I can tell, both air and ground approaches succumb to the rest of the hitbox at ~182%.

Down Tilt - 234%
Down Tilt Sweetspot - 228%

Down tilt is pretty straightforward. Nothing too unique, the tip of the hand swiping does kill slightly earlier than the rest of the arm. It can potentially meteor smash the opponent, but good luck nailing it offstage.

That's enough of me today. You can ramify the findings if you're suspicious. The numbers are accurate enough to use, although the absence of vectoring in my findings will make these percents slightly more generous than in actual combat.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Useful data! Thanks.

If you up tilt out of shield you can get the sweet spot, I kill a lot like this.

real easy if you have tap jump off, just press up then the attack button right after, as if you are trying to upsmash. If tap jump is on doing so will upsmash out of shield instead, so with it on you'd want to drop shield and up tilt which I THINK is slower...can't remember if the former method does drop shield animation or up tilts straight out of shield.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Great data, some interesting stuff here. It seems they have reversed the sweetspots and sourspots of Ftilt. That's good news since it's much easier and safer to hit with her heel, and that part seems to be stronger now.

Useful data! Thanks.

If you up tilt out of shield you can get the sweet spot, I kill a lot like this.

real easy if you have tap jump off, just press up then the attack button right after, as if you are trying to upsmash. If tap jump is on doing so will upsmash out of shield instead, so with it on you'd want to drop shield and up tilt which I THINK is slower...can't remember if the former method does drop shield animation or up tilts straight out of shield.
How do you do UpB, Usmashes and Utilt OoS in this game? I can't seem to do it... Utilt OoS is pretty much the only way to hit with the sweetspot it seems.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Great data, some interesting stuff here. It seems they have reversed the sweetspots and sourspots of Ftilt. That's good news since it's much easier and safer to hit with her heel, and that part seems to be stronger now.

How do you do UpB, Usmashes and Utilt OoS in this game? I can't seem to do it... Utilt OoS is pretty much the only way to hit with the sweetspot it seems.
UP B out of shield just like it sounds, while holding shield press UP B.
Upsmash out of shield by jumping then pressing the attack button immediately after. If you have tap jump off you'll need to press UP then the jump button then the attack button.
Utilt OOS looks like it isn't possible, though I can SWEAR I was doing it! You have to shield drop then up tilt which is still quite fast in this game...

Last edited:

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
UpB out of shield is possible, but you'll have to start your jump first. I assume you have tap jump off. However, the vulnerability period is longer for dropping your shield and UpB-ing than jumping OoS and immediately starting your UpB.
Up smash is just as Edreeses says, jump button, tilt up, a button. It's much easier to do if you slide your thumb from the x-jump to the a.

and I think up tilt OoS is impossible in this game unfortunately. You'll have to shield drop first, like Edreeses said.

also I just discovered that the y button grabs.
that's really suprising. my L button has been broken all this time, too.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I find that you can tilt oos, particularly with ftilt and dtilt (mostly ftilt though). Utilt oos is slow-ish, and it's punishable on shield. Which is unfortunate b/c utilt has a super interesting hitbox and can kind of juggle, too, lol

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
UpB out of shield is possible, but you'll have to start your jump first. I assume you have tap jump off. However, the vulnerability period is longer for dropping your shield and UpB-ing than jumping OoS and immediately starting your UpB.
Yeah, I just tried it and found I had to jump before doing UpB. I actually didn't know OoS Umash was used like this, thanks guys! Probably not going to use it a lot though :p.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Just got a KO on a Dark Pit at 114 percent with an up tilt. The stage was Corneria (omega). Peach clipped him as he was trying to recover; he flew right into Peach and his wings were still glowing green. I can't seem to replicate it with a cpu. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay. I know a lot of factors can come into play but can they really make a 32 percent difference?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Just got a KO on a Dark Pit at 114 percent with an up tilt. The stage was Corneria (omega). Peach clipped him as he was trying to recover; he flew right into Peach and his wings were still glowing green. I can't seem to replicate it with a cpu. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay. I know a lot of factors can come into play but can they really make a 32 percent difference?
If he held up, yes. Holding up when hit vertically can get you killed much earlier than you're supposed to die. Besides, Corneria's ceiling is quite low.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
are you sure it wasn't an upsmash
did you see red lightning
are you confident it was 114%

did corneria omega testing with dark pit,
didn't die until 148% w/out red lightning

now the percents are going to be solid give or take a few depending on if you hit them airborne, how they vectored, weight, etc.
but dark pit should not have died at 114% even from a sweetspotted uptilt vectoring upwards
unless his up-B had something to mess with the physics and caused a lil physglitch

you may be confusing it with an upsmash though
even though the sound for each move is unique his upB or yell may have obscured the sound cue
and the animation both involves her moving her arm up and pink stuff

114% for uptilt w/dark pit just isn't plausible though

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Yes to all. That bolt is what made me take note of it. Definitely an utilt. It was really silly of me to not save the replay ughhhhh
I was thinking the same thing with the physglitch. Maybe it's Dark Pit's up b. Or maybe Peach has some kind of utilt super sweetspot in her void. Who knows. I wonder if I can find the match on the replay channel. I've only fought one Dark Pit in For Glory. I wish I could filter by more than one character.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
if it's some sort of super special utilt hitbox then it's definitely worth fishing out
because I can't replicate **** from your situation

interesting stuff, though
the up-B may have screwed with it,
but if you were at high percent yourself
and he was in the middle of his up-B
his unintentional vectoring upwards plus your added knockback from the rage effect
could have done enough to kill him

red lightning can only be explained by rage effect
but rage effect isn't utilized in training mode so I gotta wait for my friend to test that

it'd be super cool if sakurai threw in some ultra strong anti-upB property to the utilt though
how fast did you launch him upwards? was it really fast, or a shaky ko?

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
I had no doubt he was going to die but it wasn't super fast. Peach was high percent as well. I can't remember what Peach finished at but it was quite a bit over 100. Definitely not at 150 though. His trajectory was straight up and his percent was over 100 so it definitely wasn't an usmash sweetspot (and I didn't use usmash at all so it would have been fresh).
I've already cycled through all the Peach For Glory 1v1s I can see. Very few of them, 10 at most lol. That can't be all. Maybe if I wait a few hours different ones will show up. Just had 4 matches I've already seen in a row run by again. I hope it's not lost...

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
trajectory straight up is sweetspotted up smash or up tilt
so that fits the bill
and you seem positive it wasn't up smash

must've been rage effect to have red lightning
only plausible explanation
all omega stages have the same ceiling heights
and vectoring can help cause the death but it doesn't cause red lightning
the move has to have sufficient enough knockback to begin with