• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing with sheik?

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
Fair got nerfed worse than falcon's knee in my opinion. So how does sheik rack up the kos? Is there a move i missed or will we have to explore more unconventional ways of killing(switching to zelda)

Squidster

Smash Ace
Usmash can kind of kill. You can boost smash if you're having trouble getting it off.

Dsmash can kill at the very edge at high %.

Nair can kill near the side at very high %.

Edge guarding can kill and sheik has a very good edge guarding game.

Switching to zelda can kill very easily.

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Although it's a little gimmicky, Vanish can kill, with its new huge blast radius, and it works as a great edgeguard (especially against certain characters recoveries, such as Meta Knight). Just jump off the stage, anticipate the recovery, and Vanish back to the ledge. It's probably really annoying to be KO-ed by too.

Other than that, Sheik really only has (reliably) her Usmash. I recommend switching to Zelda every so often, when your opponent is at a high % and you've knocked them away with a Bair, Dsmash or Fsmash.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Fair is fast enough and Sheik's aerial movement is good enough that you can often land 2-4 Fairs offstage on an opponent. This can kill most characters at decent percentages (mid 100's)

Nair, Bair, and Uair all kill around 150% from the middle of Final D fresh. I find it good to keep at least one of these fresh and try to set it up. If you catch someone in midair (uair) or off the stage (nair/bair), you can get a kill between 120-140% with these moves.

Fsmash, Dsmash, and the side hit of the Usmash all kill at around 150%. This can be a little lower at the edge of the stage. However, I spam the Dsmash defensively and the other two aren't entirely reliable (usmash is too slow, Fsmash is easily DI'd out of), so I usually try for an aerial in this position. However, even a stale Dsmash will kill most characters at around 150% if you catch them with the first hit at the side of the stage, and it comes out instantly. I do find this to be a reliable kill strategy.

The Usmash tipper can kill as low as 90%. This is incredibly hard to pull off, and usually involves your opponent landing on top of you while not airdodging or attacking. The Dashing Upsmash and Dash-attack-cancelled upsmash make this a slightly easier prospect, but it's still a very unreliable kill method.

Vanish can kill around 130%. I usually only get this kill at the end of an edgeguard attempt, but it's possible to pull off. It can also be used to counter other characters' edgeguard attempts, especially if below the lip (this stage spikes like crazy). If your opponent is attempting to ledgehog, this will also stagespike like crazy, but only if you would have grabbed the ledge without vanish.

Basically, the best method I've found is not to worry about killing too much. Just hit your opponent as best you can, and try to edgeguard at every opportunity to the best of your ability.

Killer Ciaran

Smash Rookie
a combo i remember doing in melee is tilt kick side then up, jump and side tilt in the air, it KO'ed for me a lot

demodemo

Smash Ace
a combo i remember doing in melee is tilt kick side then up, jump and side tilt in the air, it KO'ed for me a lot
..Except fair has been nerfed like crazy.

In brawl, a 120%+ opponent can be ftilted into the air, when you can lead into a..

nair (usually a better choice)
fair (you should follow up with another one, or else use nair)
bair (good choice but takes practice)
uair (if they go too high)

a fresh aerial has kill potential if it is at the edge (or the top if you are using uair) especially the bair and to lesser extent, the nair.

a worn down aerial can easily lead into tilts.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
lol^^^
I personaly dont like turning into Zelda.
If you main Sheik, use Sheik.
Aerials always succeed so I tend to use those
i use sheik. except, you know what, i don't use up B. I just double jump, and if that doesn't get me to the stage that's it. And if i lose a fight to you, i'm sure you won't tell me i'm stupid for not using all of Sheik's moves to be a better player, because you'll understand completely that true Sheik mains, don't use Vanish.

Seriously, I don't understand why some of you feel it's "dishonorable" to transform. You aren't becoming a "different" character really, you are doing what Sheik does in the middle of Ocarina of Time, revealing her true identity, because it's necessary for victory.

Else, be consistent, and go to tournaments and tell Snakes that they aren't real Snake mains because they use C4.

Squidster

Smash Ace
i use sheik. except, you know what, i don't use up B. I just double jump, and if that doesn't get me to the stage that's it. And if i lose a fight to you, i'm sure you won't tell me i'm stupid for not using all of Sheik's moves to be a better player, because you'll understand completely that true Sheik mains, don't use Vanish.

Seriously, I don't understand why some of you feel it's "dishonorable" to transform. You aren't becoming a "different" character really, you are doing what Sheik does in the middle of Ocarina of Time, revealing her true identity, because it's necessary for victory.

Else, be consistent, and go to tournaments and tell Snakes that they aren't real Snake mains because they use C4.
Lululul

But I agree ._.

Top Bottom