• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing with Sheik?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Could you guys list some Damage percents (on average) on when her attacks kill her opponents? I kind of find it hard to kill sometimes

M@v

Subarashii!
or switch to zelda for the kill. Sheiks usmash can kill, but its hard to land. Bair takes a while, but yeah while sheik has like one reliable kill move, Zelda has like, 5, maybe more

Barge

All I want is a custom title
or switch to zelda for the kill. Sheiks usmash can kill, but its hard to land. Bair takes a while, but yeah while sheik has like one reliable kill move, Zelda has like, 5, maybe more
Im not really a fan of zelda, shes too slow, and incredibly boring to play =/

Plus the transformation is extremely inconveniant

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Down smash by the edge
Up Smash or DACUS
Vanish
Gimping
Zelda
These are the ways i kill with zelda

Squidster

Smash Ace
Fsmash if spaced correctly

Zelda can kill at early 100%
Usmash tip about 90%
Usmash side his about 130%
Dsmash anywhere from 120-160 based on where your standing and how fresh it is
Vanish 140 150%

All of sheiks moves are only a sure thing kill at about 180 190%
You're going to want to switch to zelda
even if only for Usmash

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
No two edge-guards are the same. You want to limit your moves to anything that will knock your opponent away from the stage.

Offstage:

F-air, B-air, N-air.
Vanish Glides.
Tether gimps.

Onstage:

D-smash (charged when possible)
F-tilt lock > F-air/N-air.

All you need is the offstage ones though. Sheik is very aerially agile. Learn when to jump so you can connect up to 4 aerial attacks before returning to the stage.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Upsmash tippers feel so good.....

I would start learning how to downsmash, dash across the stage, and transform. Recently i've been trying to do a few certain matchups without Zelda because Zelda does bad in them..... but it's kind of depressing to kill at 170% with strong nair.

^^ I did like three vanish glides yesterday, they are so beautiful and feel so good. Not failproof at all though..

Tristan_win

Not dead.

I would start learning how to downsmash, dash across the stage, and transform. Recently i've been trying to do a few certain matchups without Zelda because Zelda does bad in them..... but it's kind of depressing to kill at 170% with strong nair.

^^ I did like three vanish glides yesterday, they are so beautiful and feel so good. Not failproof at all though..
I look at it like this

If they are at 170% and I'm below 100% I've more then made up for the lack of killing until then.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Vanish starts at about 135%... i think

maybe i should rename the sheik/zelda selection guide "killing with Sheik"..

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord

Don't hold back to the stage, because if you miss the opponent then you're screwed. Hold Up+Towards stage so you land on the actual platform instead of try to grab the ledge.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's best 5 kill moves.

up smash: 88% (hit from below. It's much weaker on the side)
vanish: 132%
neutral air: 152%
back air: 155%
up air: 156%

Zelda's for the curious

back air: 71%
forward air: 76%
up air: 82%
up tilt: 104%
up smash: 108%

demodemo

Smash Ace
usmash is very viable if it is at the side of stage and you rush in out of a dash or a dashattack (boost smash)

fair is viable for gimp, or just side of the stage ko at 190%s

bair can gimp and kill, but if you really want to gimp, fair is usually the better option (unless you are facing characters like rob and metaknight)

uair CAN definitely kill, keep it completely fresh, and it can kill an airborne opponent at 170s if not lower

dsmash kills at the side of the stage well. if you're in the middle and you hit a dsmash, transform.

fsmash can kill at similar percentages to usmash but you need some good foresight

of course, if you get the tipper on the usmash you can kill underneath 100%s

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I just switch to zelda whenever I have time when I knock my opponent away or I get knocked away. For me, it's extremely easy to land a simple usmash at 110%. I only spend like 30 seconds as zelda each time I switch.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I usually just gimp. My vanish seems to kill since i dont use it much. I like to vanish glide on the platforms on battlefield. I actually got a down air ko once lol. I was in fighting my freind and i got him to about 180-200% >_>......... I suddenly grew some balls and decided to down air and it killed. I am GOD......!

legion598

Smash Ace
u-smash and vanish are great for killing as for gimps her f-air is amazing cuz a part of the hit box hits them very slightly downwards .....very slightly and never ever turn into that slow fat ***** known as zelda

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
sexy Vanish
Slightly charged up or down smash (rhythm and prediction necessary)
Sometimes uair.
fair gimps and edge hogs.

These are the ones that work the most for my experience.

Top Bottom