• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Chaos's samus (Weird "Tech" he did[with vid])

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ok so around 1:21-1:22. King Chaos does this "moonwalk" in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vksdct-xcQ

I know it's not bomb cancelling because he did the moon walk thing BEFORE he used the down B. It's weird. Sorry if this is already known or whatever. But I doubt it is, since KC didn't know what it was either.

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
This is interesting. It would only be safe to assume it was a glitch, as most AT's are result of brawl's mechanics. If this is a solid AT, then I'd love to know how to do it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
It's due to the laggy FPS of the video. I bet if you upload the replay with a smooth FPS it will just look like a dashdance or a dash pivot.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Yea I was just on my way too make this thread. I didn't notice I even did it until so many people kept asking about it. All I know is that I was shield dashing and then did that on accident. hmmm I don't really know how it happened exactly I'll try to do it again later. Looks like a wave dash lol since I crouched like just before I did the slide. interesting...and yea I did think about it as just being the video lagging since I did not notice it at all during gameplay. If it was just a quickly canceled shield dash then I would have still changed the way Samus was facing just so ya know. Samus mains what do you think?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
It's due to the laggy FPS of the video. I bet if you upload the replay with a smooth FPS it will just look like a dashdance or a dash pivot.
Yea I was just on my way too make this thread. I didn't notice I even did it until so many people kept asking about it. All I know is that I was shield dashing and then did that on accident. hmmm I don't really know how it happened exactly I'll try to do it again later. Looks like a wave dash lol since I crouched like just before I did the slide. interesting...and yea I did think about it as just being the video lagging since I did not notice it at all during gameplay. If it was just a quickly canceled shield dash then I would have still changed the way Samus was facing just so ya know. Samus mains what do you think?
It was a moonwalk. You can't pivot by going backwards.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
It was a laggy video. You can't be certain by going off insufficient data.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that it showed him doing a moonwalk, but he did one. I dunno i can't word what im saying correctly. It doesn't really seem like video lag imo. Cause it was a full second where it showed it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
That full second is a result of the lag -- without lag it wouldnt appear that way for a whole second -- you might see a few frames of a different animation or a cncellation that resulted in that illusion. I'm prettty sure Samus cannot do this, I've done lots of practice with Samus's movement and Brawl's mechanics for buffering/canceling different movement animations and I haven't come across anything like this. At best, a true short dash pivot cancel that Rohins does in his pointless tech skill vid

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That full second is a result of the lag -- without lag it wouldnt appear that way for a whole second -- you might see a few frames of a different animation or a cncellation that resulted in that illusion. I'm prettty sure Samus cannot do this, I've done lots of practice with Samus's movement and Brawl's mechanics for buffering/canceling different movement animations and I haven't come across anything like this. At best, a true short dash pivot cancel that Rohins does in his pointless tech skill vid
Take it from n00b, guys. He has worked on the mechanics for Samus.

I'm getting that one tech down where you run at the edge of the stage, pivot and fire your Charge Shot. I think after trying that out, I might have that other tech Rohins brought up where you fire a Super Missile, but instead, you grab the edge. Man, Samus is too good when it comes to this stuff.

Hive

Smash Lord
that's pretty kwl, i wish i knew how you did it though? maybe its like the draconic trot thing the yoshi boards have and the lag from the wifi was able to slow the controls down enough so that it would work within human thresholds?
if that's the case even though it was on wifi it would still be insight into another tech?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I'll recreate what I think he did and save a replay. I'll update later with findings.

My prediction:

True short pivot cancel, initial dash animation, and NOTHING ELSE.

What this means:
Run in the opposite direction a very small amount, about the distance he "moonwalked"
Cancel this, aka pivot.
Tap control stick once forward, and release-- this will give an initial dash (Samus's big step, but no run animation afterwards)

How this happened:
KC was trying to be flashy after a kill and dash dance and stuff, and just stuffed it up.

EDIT: rohins says moonwalks exists, and that level 9 CPUs do them, so I'll try to investigate a little further. Sorry for being a negative nancy.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Moonwalking, in Brawl? Sounds completely plausible, although I'm guessing it'll involve different inputs and etc. and no real usefulness. *shrug*

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
CPU's walk in one direction and cancel it with a short dash in the other...this is different.

Top Bottom