• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DDD chain grab VS Sonic

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
Well first hi all, new member here :) . (Main Peach and DDD)

My problem is that I can't chain grab Sonic if he UP B right after the grab. Ideas? Am I just not fast enuff?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Are you playing a computer? I find that comps have a tendency to dodge chain grabbing but the best advice is to definitely shield grab (especially against faster characters) and to get the timing down to the bone.

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
Nope my problem is against real players. (I can chain grab a lvl 9 Sonic no prob)

As I said its only the UP B move that I have difficulties with. Which lead me (and my sircle of friends I play with) to belive that Sonic should be considered not chaingrabable anymore =/ (Or chaingrabable but with an easy exit)

I tried dash shield grab and running attack (faceplant), none of which could catch him before he was in the air.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You know this is probably a new thing. I havent heard of Sonic being able to up b out of a chain grab. Thats actually pretty smart. So if you cant chain grab him Id start looking into other combos. You can down throw to forward tilt, and every once in a while, up throw him and try to get an up air off. Im definitely gonna look into that though.

Waddle

Smash Ace
You arent doing it fast enough I guess. I dont have a problem CGing Sonic. It's just as easy as CGing any other character.

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
Waddle, did you try with a real player using UP+B to get out of it? Because if you tried against a CPU, I too can chain grab them easily.

CO18

Smash Hero
You might be right here. I havent specifically had this done to me by a sonic but the same thing goes with Ike and Wolf, and im wondering if soon every character is going to be found to have a move to get out of the chaingrab.

Ike and wolf can jab out of the chaingrab with relative ease.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
i believe sonic can use his homing attack to escape the chain...dont quote me because im not 100% but i seem to remember seeing someone do it...

timbu

Smash Apprentice
I dont play against CPUs. Only humans. CPUs are nub cakes.
er you are not answering his question, or even admitting to testing what he's talking about.

he's not saying i can't chain grab sonic ever and I only play againt CPUs!! He's saying that sonic can up-B out of DDD's chaingrab.

Nobody is testing anything, just putting in random comments or speculating.

I guess I'm just as bad though, as I probably won't try it anytime soon.

For the record though, I believe you.

Top Bottom