• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede the lightest Heavy Weight?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Looking at Dedede, it's possible he's the lightest Heavy Weight character.

What may make him the lightest? His Up B. He can jump REALLY high compared to Bowser and DK. And he floats. If he's partially filled with air, how can he be heaviest?

What do you think? Or has it been confirmed at Whobby how heavy he is?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I think we are looking at the new Samus as far as physics go.

Heavy Weight with No Density (floaty heavyweight). Thus he's hard to get off the ground, and then hard to combo. Think of Jigglypuff if she didn't fly as far when hit.

Anyway I see Dedede living well into the upper 100s nearly every stock.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
No, his Up-B goes uber high, but he doesn't have ANY horizontal recovery once his 5 Jumps are over. like kirby. actually, you could cancel his mega jump at the very top. and fall left or right depending on which side of the screen you're on.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
So, from what I've heard, he's faster than Bowser, but slower than DK. But he could just be slow, not relying on his weight.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind not all characters are confirmed, but in all actuality Tri-D is probably the lightest heavyweight character announced. This is unfounded and possibly wrong, but that's the best I can think of without having to strain myself for any heavyweights.
Though Charizard might be lightish, we don't know for sure how heavy he is.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think he'll be on the fence between the middleweights and the heavyweights.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Charizard shouldn't be a Heavyweight, but he probably will end up being one.

I think Dedede is shaping up to be one of my mains, right up there with Peach and Pit.

Banned via Administration
the diff between dk's and bowser's weight is very small. dedede will be very close and honestly it doesn't matter if hes slightly lighter than one or both of those characters. i think the lightest heavyweight will be wario most likely.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I think he's the lightest heavyweight so far. After all he can puff up like Kirby. Picture DK and Bowser trying to do that. And the oly ways are can float is if he farts.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
The way that I've been thinking is that Ike (if he is considered a heavyweight) would be the lightest of the heavies. If not Ike then maybe Wario, because size might make a difference in how much weight his tiny body could handle. King Dedede would probably be above those 2 at the least. He is heavy.

Top Bottom