• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

freezestar

Smash Rookie
Yay

I'm glad that he is in smash bros. He is going to be one of my mains (besiides sonic, link, and the other heavys) I really like the hammer the most. That hammer could deal a lot of damage probobly.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Yes! King DeDeDe bumps the Kirby series to three reps. This gives more chances for other series. I'm less worried for Micaiah. Who noticed that his gloves and coat fluff look just like Ice Climbers'?

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
I am so glad to see Dedede join the Brawl. I wanted him way over Metaknight and it's good to see him in. The delay just hurts a little more now....:urg:

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
This was no surprise, he was definitly in. But yea for King Dedede!! Now the Kirby series has finally a good amount a reps.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Great for King Dedede, Also I would wonder about playing as him, it makes it more literal Smash Brothers(i.e. King Dedede vs. Mario & Luigi)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yes! Finally!

To answer your question, colubusman, no.

Also, it seems our question about Kirby's ability to copy D3 is answered.

Time for our own D3 forum!!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*Asks, nays, COMMANDS that Dedede get his own board like the other confirmed characters*

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
*Asks, nays, COMMANDS that Dedede get his own board like the other confirmed characters*
I had always pictued a stage entitled Dedede Castle, wherein you would fight on tob ot the stage, while clouds floated by as platforms and Sir Kibble would show up occasionally and throw those boomerang things; other times, Waddle Dee would throw spears or bombs...

But that was a long time ago.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Oh, and...in your face all you people who thought he wouldn't make it (I know, there were a few) and those who didn't want him in...who's crying now?

I told you he'd be in.

I had always pictued a stage entitled Dedede Castle, wherein you would fight on tob ot the stage, while clouds floated by as platforms and Sir Kibble would show up occasionally and throw those boomerang things; other times, Waddle Dee would throw spears or bombs...

But that was a long time ago.
You realize the castle is built upon the Fountain of Dreams, right? Also, I'm getting a little tired of castle stages. We plenty of people who could possibly have one in the future (Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, etc.)...

GOTM

Smash Champion
this is pretty cool, i havent played much of the series but he still looks like a cool character

now if only i can get waluigi!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Yoou know, is it just me, or does King Dedede look less 3D then the other character. It almost looks like it could be a fake.

Of course I know it's not, but still.
He doesn't look as angry as I thought he would, but he's still bada$$. Glad to see you, King Dedede!

Wrestling Ring FTW!
that's because 4Kids screwed up the anime and portrayed him differently. Dedede always looks like that in the Kirby games so i'm glad he looks like that in Brawl

but, YES to our own character boards!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
that's because 4Kids screwed up the anime and portrayed him differently. Dedede always looks like that in the Kirby games so i'm glad he looks like that in Brawl

but, YES to our own character boards!
Ah, that's true. Southern accents would make anyone look bad.

And I guess he's more arrogant than angry. So it's still great.

But still... I wonder what his B could be... you think it's suction, but with harder "knockback?" Like when Kirby spits you out?

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Yoou know, is it just me, or does King Dedede look less 3D then the other character. It almost looks like it could be a fake.

Of course I know it's not, but still.
Yeah, it was kind of a shock to me..I was expecting a lame update.

Wasn't expecting a new character at all!

He does look a bit less detailed, probably because I've been watching Kirby Right Back At Ya lately.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
O common. We all knew there was going to be a character update but I had no idea it was going to be dede.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You realize the castle is built upon the Fountain of Dreams, right?
WHAT?! Since when? :confused:

Yeah, it was kind of a shock to me..I was expecting a lame update.

Wasn't expecting a new character at all!

He does look a bit less detailed, probably because I've been watching Kirby Right Back At Ya lately.
Well, I didn't mean it like that...

In fact, I think his look is VERY detailed. Now he appears to be wearing some sort of vest or something underneith his cloak!

Jar'd

Smash Ace
This update doesn't really surprise me. I was actually thinking about him being in brawl the other day.

I'm glad to see him in. I'm not much of a fan of slow characters, but I'll be looking forward to trying him out.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice

When I first saw him, the first thing I thought of was that fake image of Dedede that someone here made up as his update, and the picture looked pretty similar.

When you compare him to Bowser in that picture, he doesn't seem as detailed, I agree. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, and assume he'll look better in motion or in 4 months he'll look better as well.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
can't wait to play. Theres another heavy weight to beat the crap out of. I think hes gonna suck

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw him, the first thing I thought of was that fake image of Dedede that someone here made up as his update, and the picture looked pretty similar.

When you compare him to Bowser in that picture, he doesn't seem as detailed, I agree. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, and assume he'll look better in motion or in 4 months he'll look better as well.
Live with it guys it was on Dojo its official

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Three cheers for Dedede, who will have the most epic of tripping animations ever. Seriously he's tripped in almost every game he's been in, I should have known he was coming when I saw that characters had tripping animations.

Top Bottom