• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's up-b a meteor smash?

xc_hawk

Smash Rookie
I noticed this too, but idk whether it's a spike or a meteor smash though. It's a shame we'll probably never get to use it though, it being his Up-B n' all. (maybe if you were edgeguarding, stayed still after jumping straight up, and cancelled it right after it hit so you could grab the edge)

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
I noticed this too, but idk whether it's a spike or a meteor smash though. It's a shame we'll probably never get to use it though, it being his Up-B n' all. (maybe if you were edgeguarding, stayed still after jumping straight up, and cancelled it right after it hit so you could grab the edge)
Not a bad idea

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
This really isn't that feasible of a technique, as the move drops you down right after you hit the top of the jump. So in other words, weather you miss or hit you're pretty much screwed. Especially if you miss because of the special fall that it puts you in.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
[I own the game]

De's up B is indeed a meteor on the way down, if you catch someone with it in the air coming down it will a) spike them into the pit, killing them or b) spike them onto the stage where you immediately fall into them (untechable) killing most characters at 120ish

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
wait... isn't a spike and meteor smash the same thing, except a meteor is from a smash?

"I noticed this too, but idk whether it's a spike or a meteor smash though."

so it would be a spike right? or at least a meteor without the samsh in "meteor smash"

ook

Smash Lord
That's awesome.

Kirby's up+b does the same thing (and Ike's too probably) because the move is supposed to spike them down onto the stage where you hit them again when it lands. But sometimes, there is no stage under them!

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
having it a meteor is great, but it kinda stinks when DIing after your up+B to recover. but then agfain, DeDeDe doesn't need it.

Top Bottom