• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's Waddle Dee Chair: Not and Entrance?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Take a look at this screenshot:

This is commonly speculsted to be his entrance. But, I have reason to believe that it is in fact his DASH. Why? Because he is too clumsy and fat to be sprinting at top speed, especially with a giant hammer. And, read this:

Masihiro Sakurai said:
Hmm. I guess it’s in his character to leave the work to someone else.
His dashing A could be that he jumps off and does his little slide attack.

Discuss.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Not really likely. I would bet his Dash is the move where he just clumsily runs and dives forward onto his face, as he always did in his classic battles with Kirby. If i can find a vid, I'll come back and post an example.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Commander, permission to disagree? If this were the case, it would be INCREDIBLY cumbersome. Him having to make the throne and Dees appear from nowhere and then run maybe only a few feet would be ridiculous. Also, if he's not gonna run, why would he even bother walking? Or standing? It would be WAAAAAY to difficult to go from idle animation to a sudden throne-dash and then attacking or going back into idle. At least, it wouldn't fit in a high-quality graphics, fighting type game. Besides, Dedede can run, and attack on his own. No way that's his dash, it would also be in more screenshots!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Not really likely. I would bet his Dash is the move where he just clumsily runs and dives forward onto his face, as he always did in his classic battles with Kirby. If i can find a vid, I'll come back and post an example.
He can run. And this is his entrance. Theres no way hes carried around by 4 waddle dees on a boxing ring at all times, or that it would just pop up if he dashed

That said its a cool entrance, and that the sliding faceplant that MoM mentioned I'll bet anything is his dash attack. Its in every fight.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
It is his taunt, that picture is from the taunt/entrance update(I think), you can look it up, it also makes sense for him to running and falling (lol) it really does though...

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
It is his taunt, that picture is from the taunt/entrance update(I think), you can look it up, it also makes sense for him to running and falling (lol) it really does though...
Its from Dededes character profile, and its got to be his entrance. Highly highly doubt its a taunt.

It makes sense for his character entrance to have the waddle dees carry him, then he hops off and is ready to fight.

to

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
This is commonly speculsted to be his entrance. But, I have reason to believe that it is in fact his DASH. Why? Because he is too clumsy and fat to be sprinting at top speed, especially with a giant hammer. And, read this:
Your logic fails. Why would he do something like that when he's never done that in any of his games? He seems to have been able to dash just fine in all of the games he's been in.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Its from Dededes character profile, and its got to be his entrance. Highly highly doubt its a taunt.

It makes sense for his character entrance to have the waddle dees carry him, then he hops off and is ready to fight.

to
Dedede is Huge in that picture, look at snake, I agree with your logic there

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
It'll be hard to take him seriously when all I want to do is squeeze his cheeks.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah his running dash is already confirmed to be his little slam thing he does on old kirby games.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
awwww yeah!!! i love when he does that run and fall over thing when he tries to jump on kirby. he looks so silly. now imagine it in graphically enhanced by ONE MILLION!!!!! he'll look so funny doing it in brawl. that will bring back memories...
(memories from like two days ago when i was playing Nightmare in Dreamland...i never get tired of that game)

Top Bottom