• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Fighters XI

pdk

Smash Lord
what sort of failure are we talking here, overheating or something?

and i'm on a lowly 1ghz pentium 3 with a supersavage (sad excuse for a video card) yet neogeo games run emulated at full speed with power to spare

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about this CPU.

But my memory is is crazy low.
I can only open 2 Firefox windows before it starts crashing.

So you know I can't use 7zip (I use it also) w/o the memory jumping out of the window.

pdk

Smash Lord
just close down as many things as you don't mind before starting mame then i guess, and how much/what type are we talking exactly? you could find these out with cpu-z and depending on the type it might not be hard to find some more on sale

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
*bump*
after watching a bunch of old vids of crap Jazu players.
I'm working on getting footage on my rushdown/zoning Jazu.

I can't stand ppl who play Jazu as Keep-away/battery. (not saying I use his DM's alot)

I wish I got footage from that day I called "Jazu's Reign!'
When I OCV'ed w/ Jazu for 22 wins. Then I switched 1st chars for the hell of it and lost.

pdk

Smash Lord
it's bump time folks, according to amazon they're finally taking preorders on kof xi in the US (and ngbc too if you care for some reason) with kof shipping on oct. 2 supposedly; it's no official statement from SNK but it's not quite like amazon is some random backwoods shop or whatever, and seeing some light at the end of the waiting tunnel either way is plenty of reason for us yankees to...

and we still need to get those **** 02 matches in sometime zenith, yamazaki is not a very patient man

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
XI will be coming Oct 5 if I'm correct.
Reserved my copy.

and I don't think Zenith is gonna play you in 02 because (drum roll) I'm the same exact person. (new account obviously)

Besides, in the online vs offline war that went on on SRK I was on the offline side.

EDIT: I quit playing 2k2 competitively anyways. It's all about Guilty Gear now.

pdk

Smash Lord
playing on kaillera is not playing competitively, it's not like you need to write up a statement of retirement or whatever

but that's how it goes i guess, oh well

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
playing on kaillera is not playing competitively, it's not like you need to write up a statement of retirement or whatever

but that's how it goes i guess, oh well
well I still wish I didn't have a s****y CPU.
If I try Kaillera I'll prolly crash.

I thought getting a new hard drive would fix my problems, but I was wrong.
Pkus I'm using Verizon DSL. (nuf said)

pdk

Smash Lord
it's bump time again, and again it's time to

the game finally hits the shelves in america this tuesday/wednesday (depending), better rush out and go get it soon folks!

pdk

Smash Lord
i'm thinking of picking up tomorrow or on wednesday at the local gamestop, do they let you reserve it there? i've heard that the game has actually been in gamestop's systems for a while before release but store clerks haven't been allowed to say so since each store is getting only a few copies on release day; any truth to this when you went to reserve?

granted i should probably be worrying about picking up a ps2 and modding my stick (a hrap3) to play it, but buying it now for $20 sure beats trying to find it later on ebay going for $40+

HalfPj

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I do play King of Fighters XI. It's just that I can't wait till it comes out on the ps2. Apparently, I'm more interested in playing NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. Oh and yeah I'm pretty descent playing Kim, Terry, and Kyo too. ;)

pdk

Smash Lord
it comes out tomorrow in the states and ngbc comes out a few weeks after if you didn't check above, guess your wait will be soon be over!

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I do play King of Fighters XI. It's just that I can't wait till it comes out on the ps2. Apparently, I'm more interested in playing NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. Oh and yeah I'm pretty descent playing Kim, Terry, and Kyo too. ;)
NGBC's date is 11/13 if I'm correct.

One day you gotta come to this Arcade in City of Industry.
XI is always being played at it's max there.

Or If I say I'll go (cause no1 else will be there if I don't go) there is an arcade in San Bernardino, that I used to live 5 minutes away from.
I can gather up my friends and XI and NGBC will be crazy there. (I'm assuming they got NGBC, they said they're getting it just b4 I moved)

Oh, and NGBC won't be up for pre-order at local game stores.
XI wasn't either, I had to beg the employees at Gamestop to let me put my $ down for it early. Neither one of them is in their systems, and they had to write the games name down on a piece of paper with the money clipped to it, and they gotta look for it when the shipment comes in (which should be in a couple of hours)

pdk

Smash Lord
dang ol' gamestop didn't have it today, at least i get off class on MWF right as the mall opens up and it's really close so we'll see tomorrow

HalfPj

Smash Cadet
NGBC's date is 11/13 if I'm correct.

One day you gotta come to this Arcade in City of Industry.
XI is always being played at it's max there.

Or If I say I'll go (cause no1 else will be there if I don't go) there is an arcade in San Bernardino, that I used to live 5 minutes away from.
I can gather up my friends and XI and NGBC will be crazy there. (I'm assuming they got NGBC, they said they're getting it just b4 I moved)

Oh, and NGBC won't be up for pre-order at local game stores.
XI wasn't either, I had to beg the employees at Gamestop to let me put my $ down for it early. Neither one of them is in their systems, and they had to write the games name down on a piece of paper with the money clipped to it, and they gotta look for it when the shipment comes in (which should be in a couple of hours)
Yup, NGBC's does come out on 11/13.

You've surely got the point about finding those kinds of games unless we ask them to find it for us right? I mean It's difficult for anybody finding a game that they wanted.

Oh and yeah what city is this Arcade in City of Industry located?

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Yup, NGBC's does come out on 11/13.

You've surely got the point about finding those kinds of games unless we ask them to find it for us right? I mean It's difficult for anybody finding a game that they wanted.

Oh and yeah what city is this Arcade in City of Industry located?
XI GOT DELAYED AGAIN!

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!

The arcade is in Rowland Heights, it's known as Arcade Infinity.

EDIT: It's now 9/15

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
What!? Are you serious? is it's pushed back to 9/15/08 or something?
nah this November
nobody can tell me why a sudden @$$ delay like this happened neither.

plus they canceled my reservation, because they can't hold my money until November.

pdk

Smash Lord
m-m-m-monster bump

anecdotal reports are floating around and it seems that the game is finally available through gamecrazy and amazon (only $15 USD too), gamestop it seems doesn't have the game nationwide yet though so best do some calling around before you go searching all over town for it

again...

and bless you mecha-hitler, without you we wouldn't have this sweet banner!

pdk

Smash Lord
buy it anyway man, it's only around $15-20 USD and you'll be supporting 2d fighters anyway, plus ps2s just keep on getting cheaper

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I've had it for about 2 weeks now
try to find a good gamecrazy, but they're only ordering a couple per county, not city, COUNTY.

Gamestop finds it to be low-priority so they're not rushin it, plus not enough ppl are asking for them.

Top Bottom