• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Athough Kingdom Hearts II is schedueled to be released in less than 16 hours in Japan many people have aready obtained copies of the game and info and spoilers are being leaked onto the net as we speak! Kingdom Hearts Ultimania has obtained the opening FMV for KH2 as well as the opening menu trailer and the game's very first cutscene. At risk of spoilage, I just saw the opening FMV (I couldn't help myself!) and it's spoiler free. Watch and enjoy!!

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Judging from the opening video, I assume we'll start playing as the BHK right off the bat.

BTW, there are many things in that opening that left me wondering a lot of stuff...

Kairi is older looking even more sexier than her kiddy 14 year old self. I never knew that that girl was Kairi...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
DreamCaster said:
Watch and enjoy!!
No thanks.

I'm such a spoiler Nazi the only new thing I dared to download was the orchestrated version of Passion. I have to admit when I first heard the song I didn't like it very much. When I saw it set to the game my feelings definately changed. Now that I've heard the orchestracted version I like it even more and can't wait to hear what it sounds like an English. I noticed that the Japanese version had some english lyrics in it. Did anyone else notice this?

IGN has some videos up. One that shows gameplay, the intro vid, and one that says character intro. I'm not sure what the last one is but watch em' if you want.
From IGN:
You do get into fights pretty early on in the game, but things on the whole start off somewhat slow as you're introduced to the controls and to the background story. That's right, those who didn't play the original Kingdom Hearts or Chain of Memories will be pleased to learn that, as part of the storyline for Kingdom Hearts II, you're updated through flashbacks of what happened in those two titles.
Yay! Does this mean I get to see Larxene die in 3-D?

In Kingdom Hearts II, when you press select to switch to a first person view, you still have full control over Sora. Under this view, the game feels like a first person shooter, with the left analogue stick controlling forward, back, left and right movement and the right stick used for turning Sora and looking around. You can even jump and fight while playing in this perspective, although when you lock on to an enemy, you're pushed back into standard third person view. We'll have to sample this view a bit more to determine if it's a viable way to play the game, but it certainly makes for a cool bonus.
Um.. cool?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Quite a few of the voice actors have been revealed. The guide is going to be released on Feb 23rd. It's been awhile but we finally have an official release date. March 28.

Below is the news of voice actors and who each is voicing straight from IGN. There are some very interesting and suprising choices.

Haley Joel Osment......Sora
David Gallagher......Riku
Hayden Panettiere......Kairi
Jesse McCartney......Roxas
Brittany Snow......Namine
Christopher Lee......DiZ
Steve Burton......Cloud
Rachael Leigh Cook......Tifa
Mena Suvari......Aerith
David Boreanaz......Squall(Leon)
Matt McKenzie......Auron
Hedy Buress......Yuna
Tara Strong......Rikku
Gwendoline Yeo......Paine
Ming-Na......Mulan
James Woods......Hades
Zach Braff......Chicken Little

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
A lot of people are making a big deal about jesse mccartney voicing Roxas. I say, let him have a chance before people start jumping at his throat.

Also, christopher lee as DiZ? Awesome....

And on kh-2.net, they say Bruce Boxleitner is reprising his role as Tron and has already completed all his voice lines, so that's a good thing.

must go pre-order now!!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
People are just saying that for the same reason they didn't want Lance Bass to voice Sephiroth. If he's a pop singer there is no way he could actually do the job right. I think he'll do just fine, at least see how it turns about after hearing it.

I think everyone just stopped reading after it says Jesse McCartney or else they would have realized Christopher freakin' Lee is going to voice DiZ.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Hey guys, I'm back. Long time, no see.

Much apologies, but I see KH2 has been unfocused for some time. That's gonna change.

Anyways, KHU has scans of the EGM mag that comes out on Tuesday. FIRST EVER ENGLISH SCREENS.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
(!!!) I got to play the first 23 hours of Kingdom Hearts II. A Japanese friend of mine finally got it this past weekend and he was nice enough to translate, well, everything for me.

*Warning* this post is more or less about the gameplay (updates, my likes and dislikes), there are no plot spoilers but I did put in spoiler tags to keep this post as "un-revealing" as possible (the spoiler tagged part are just gameplay goodies that I didn't want to give away, so even if you highlight the tags it won't spoil the polt ;)).

Let me say this first and foremost (about the gameplay): the triangle button is your new best friend. Remember how in the first game you had to toggle to the bottom of the on-screen menu to "Examine", "Open", "Save," or use AP abilities? In KHII you simply press the triangle when near treasure, by examine-able objects, to use your AP abilities (and also boss specific techniques and "Teamwork" abilities with other party members) and even now to "Talk" (before the "Attack" command simply changed to "talk"). The triangle button really adds a new dimension to battles, especially when used for the new "Teamwork" and boss specific abilities. "Teamwork" abilities are abilities you unleash with Donald, Goofy, or your world specific party member (Aladdin, Mulan, Tron, Auron, etc., etc.) and are "equipped" the same way you would equip an AP ability (like "Strike Raid" or "Ragnarok"). Like AP abilities, using "Teamwork" abilities eats up your MP (the new MP meter is kinda... different, more on that later) but can clear a whole region of heartless/nobodies instantly (basically like the first game's "Trinity Limit" ability but much more interactive). Boss specific triangle abilities happen when you damage a boss in a certain way (usually environment specific or you perform a "Tech" skill) the triangle button icon will appear allowing you to enter cinematic sequence where you lay the beat-down on the boss.

The new MP meter works like an ATB (active time battle) system. After you use a spell you must wait for your MP meter to "refill" itself (it does so automatically like any ATB meter, collecting MP balls will shorten the time, Ethers will instantly refill it). This IMO has pros and cons. Cons: If, say, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all have low HP, you can only cast "Cure" on one of them at a time, then you have to wait until the MP meter is full again to cast any spell again (well, you could use pricey Ethers every time you cast a spell) unlike the first KH where you cast spells "as much as you like" (until your MP ran out of course). Pros: you more or less have unlimited MP. Even if you're out of Ethers as long as you're patient and careful you could possibly play though the entire game without ever needing single Ether. Spells and "Teamwork" abilities
(I love Sora and Donald's "Comet" ability!)
use up the MP meter. The spells have also been - "remixed" - for this game. The Fire spell now casts a damaging ring of fire around Sora for a short period of time, Thunder and Blizzard are "casted" in the same ways as in Chain of Memories, Blizzard is a projectile that explodes on contact, and Thunder will either attack a single enemy or enemies in a region (depending on the level). There are also new spells
like Magnet (Manera and Manega) that draws enemies closer to you, and Reflect (which causes magic/projectiles to be reflected back to the caster)

The on-screen menu has been redone (for better or for worse :ohwell: ). There are now "two" on-screen menus (but more on that later). When navigating the on-screen menu, instead of using the D-pad and/or the right analog stick to toggle the menu, in KHIIonly the D-pad is used to navigate the on-screen menu (as for the right analog, it is now used for controlling the camera, I guess a good thing since now you can move the camera in all 4 directions instead ofjust left and right). Personally, I loved the original KH's syestem where the right analog could toggle the on-screen menu allowing you could evade attacks with left analog and toggle the menu with the right analog to cast magic or use items. But now in KHII you can only use the D-pad forcing you to halt your movements and surf the menu. The R1 "quick select" menu does try to fix this problem by allowing you to have four quick select items (for each face button, triangle, square, X, and O) and you can now put "Items" and/or "Summons" for your own personal "quick selections"!

Unlike the first KH with only four on-screen menu choices ("Attack", "Magic", "Items", "AP Ability/Field Action") , there are now (technically) five on screen menu choices (when I say "technically" I mean the triangle button commands will appear in the "command" space when they can be executed).

Yes, a crappy screenshot I know, but if a triangle "ability" can be used, then on the on-screen menu where the word "COMMAND" is written (at the very top of the menu) the ability's name will appear along with the triangle button icon will appear meaning you can use that ability (seen here):

(the triangle button command is Sora and Auron's teamwork ability "Ryusei", a.k.a. "Dragon Fang")

Now, about the "two" menus: By pressing the left D-pad button you can switch between the two menus. The first menu is your basic commands for Sora: "Attack", "Magic", "Item" and "Drive". When you press left on the D-pad the menu changes to more party member oriented options. The new menu options are "Attack" (heh, this stays the same), "Summon" (you now don't have to go through the "Magic" menu to get to the Summon menu!), "Change" (you can change party members INSNATLY in battle, AWESOME new feature), and "Teamwork" (to specifically toggle what type of teamwork ability you want for your triangle ability). It can be a bit confusing at first, but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Keyblades work differently in KHII. You begin the game with only the "Kingdom Key" keyblade (average attack, magic, speed, etc.), but when you begin collecting new keyblades you don't simply "raise your strength" unlike in the first KH. Each keyblade is unique and has certain specific abilities. Some keyblades do simply raise your strength stat, however some keyblades have specific abilities that try to meet almost any type of person's personal combat style. Some keyblades recover your MP meter faster and make magic more potent, or increase your attacking speed, or air attacks are stronger, ground attacks are stronger, or give elemental damage when you attack, or give you new equip-able abilities, etc., etc..
Also you can customize your "second" keyblade for each individual Drive From (except the Wisdom and Anti Form which don't use two keyblades).

As far as graphics and sound go, the graphics got a bit of polish and look more cleaned up, however it's the animation that really got improved. the characters move more naturally and fluidly. Also there is A LOT more 3D mouth animation this time around. Remember those crappy 2D mouth animations from the first game (about 30% of the mouth movements were 3D and the rest of the 70% of the movements were in crappy 2D)? In KH2 now about 60% of the movements are in 3D and only 40% of the movements are in 2D (and I don't know if it was a translation syncing problem but the 2D movements have been animated much more smoothly, so smoothly in fact sometimes I couldn't tell if it was 2D or 3D)! I LOVE the animations of the nobodies (i.e. the Dusk). It's like fighting a liquid slinky. Their movements are so dancer-like, fluid, liquid, and amorphous. They bend, stretch, flex, spin, and dance beautifully (and are little buggers to strike)! The Disney characters animation are SO SIMILAR to their original animations, it's almost like watching the movie again (ESPECIALLY when playing through Port Royale/the Pirates of the Caribbean world. The cutscenes feel like they belong in the movie and the music is a very well done remix of the Pirates soundtrack as well). I never saw the movie Tron but the music and the look is just so... Eighties!! The look and the sound, everything! EVERY keyblade has been redesigned to have the "Tron" look, nothing is out of place, even when you strike enemies instead of the usual "smacks" and "bams" you hear computerized "bleeps" and "bloops". You also get the same feeling when playing though Timeless River (the black and white Mickey/Steamboat Willy stage). The audio is really crackly and muted (even when the characters talk!) and the screen flickers with grain and film scratches, it's like actually playing through an old 1920's projector film (and you gotta love the sound effects, hitting enemies gives you "splats" and "squish" kooky sound effects)! The music for every stage (even the past ones) has been remixed for more "slick" fast paced feeling. I really hope the English voice actors can do as good a job as the Japanese voice actors, because even though they spoke Japanese (and I only know very, very little Japanese) the casting was flawless. Simba sounded like Simba, Oogie Boogie sounded like Oogie Boogie, even Donald sound like Donald... in Japanese! This game is as much fun to watch as it is to play (even when it's not a cut-scene, the slick new fighting animation during gameplay is also a treat just to watch).

The storyline is deep. I won't lie, the first 20 hours of the game you will say to yourself "why does every level seem like the Tarzan level from the first KH. In the first 20 hours of game there is virtually no connetion to the "bigger" plot. There is no mention of Originization XIII, Ansem, or the Nobodies. The first time you play through the levels you simply are just fighting the heartless and the world's boss who somehow can control the heartless (but the game leaves Sora in the dark as to why the world boss can control the heartless or even why there are still so many heartless roaming about).
However during an epic cutscene in the Hollow Bastion level halfway through the game (yes, I mean the one from all the trailers where Sora is caught in the middle of an army of heartless and yes you do get to fight them all, there are exactly 1000 of them!) when you return to all of the worlds you've visited they all have new scenes involving the Originization XIII in some way ;).

You do get a hints of to what's going on with Originization XIII and the appearance of the nobodies during first 3 - 4 hours of the game as you play as Roxas (in fact, you don't even see the "Kingdom Hearts II" title screen until you start playing as Sora some 3 - 4 hours into the game!!), don't worry, even though the first 3 - 4 hours of the game is just a bunch of introductory stuff like how to use the menus, learning the basics of battle and gameplay mechanics and the new triangle button abilies... the story/cutscenes more than make up for the lack of keyblade action, so sit back and enjoy the head scracthing intro to the plot!

If you're wondering if playing through Chain of Memories holds any significance or insight into the storyline of KH2 let me just say this: even watching the first KH's Another Side Another Story and (especially) Deep Dive will give you TONS of insight into the storyline of KHII. I'm willing to bet Nomura already had plans for the second game during the production of the first game. The game does do a basic recap of KH, KH:FM, and CoM (well, just the very few cutscenes that were in CoM - in high rez too! - so, sorry, no 3D Larxenne or Marluxia), to to be spoiler free I'm not gonna tell the method in which KHII recaps the events in previous games (let's just say if you played though to the ending of CoM you pretty much know how the events in the previous KH games are, *ahem* "remembered" ;)).

For some closing comments, this game is HUGE. Lots of brand new characters (not just ones in new stages like Mulan or Jack Sparrow), but new cameo characters like the Flora, Fauna, and Meriwether from Sleeping Beauty, Yensid from Fantasia, Yuna, Rikku, Paine, from FFX, Tifa from FF7, Seifer, Fujin, and Raijin from FF8, Vivi from [/i]FF9[/i], and Setzer from FF6 (note: all FF7 characters don their Advent Children attire, plus even non-FF7 characters have new outfits such as the Auron, Leon, Seifer, etc.), and you can't ignore Pete (from many Mickey Mouse adventures), he adds a lot of comedy to the game! There is MUCH more interaction with King Mickey (he's not just a cameo anymore, he plays a much more active role). Chip, Dale, Queen Minnie, Daisy, and Jiminy all have larger roles (yup, Chip and Dale have speaking roles this time around)!
Also, as a music/rhythm genre gamer a personal treat: the entire Atlantica/Little Mermaid level is one large music/rhythm game with 3 new songs for KHII as well as two classic Little Mermaid songs (Under the Sea and Part of Your World). You know I was really delighted by it!

That's all I can think of for now (I tried to keep this as spoiler free as possible)! If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them (my friend and I hope to beat the game by next weekend)!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
DreamCaster, I really want to read your post but I've gone so long without having spoiled anything I'd hate to have it ruined for me a month before release. Spoiler tags please?

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, there weren't big plot spoilers in my post but I did go back and add in spoiler tags for some gameplay tidbits (abilities, spells, items, etc.) that haven't been revealed yet ;) (so even if you do highlight the tags it won't give away any of the plot :))!!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Just read your post. Nothing spoilerish. Thanks for using spoiler tags, your first paragraph is what had scared me off. Thanks for all of the new informaton about how things work. It made the wait a little easier.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Yes. No plot spoilers.

Okay, mtv.com has thrown in a bunch of interviews with prominent VAs for the English KH2. You can find the link over at kh2.co.uk. HJO is good, and Jesse McCartney as Roxas is awesome. Just awesome.

Beware, David Gallagher's interview has spoilers. (KHU says Rachel Leigh Cook's interview has spoilers, but I don't think so.)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
They have the interviews with Brittany Snow, Tara Strong, Gwedeline Yeo, Hedy Burress also listed as containing spoilers. That's too bad I wanted to see them all.

The ones I watched while short are pretty entertaining."I want her body."Haha.

DreamCaster, you probably know this by know having played the game but awhile ago I was looking at some of your clues you posted and I figured out the castle seen on the slide in Deep Jungle is not Hallow Bastion. It's the castle located in Twilight Town seen in CoM.

Not really related to anything at all but I just now understood why Namine was holding her finger at the end of CoM and why Roxas is holding up the 'marble' on the clock tower. Yeah, I'm slow so what?

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
All the interviews are cool. I'm stll not sure about Mena Suvari being Aerith. When they showed clips of her voicing her lines, she seemed....wooden...i dunno... it didn't feel right to me.

Hopefully they release more. Maybe ones with David Boreanaz and Christopher lee!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I have a question. If any of you guys have watched them, are the interviews marked as spoilers revealing inforamtion through site or sound? I'm serious. The interview with Rachael Leigh Cook is marked as containing spoilers because(spoiler?)
Sora is shown talking to Riku.
What I want to now is do the other interviews show anything that could be considered a spoiler or is something said? Or both?

EDIT: I just realized I used bold instead of spoilers.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Tch. The game is out and nobody's talking about it? FOR SHAME.

I'm cursing the fact that I have no money or PS2 for that matter.

Furthermore, the reviews are loving it so far.

Nite

Smash Champion
Oh yea, I preordered it today and it is going to be awesome. Gotta pick it up after school. I have been waiting for this for about 2 years or more now, it's finally here!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I just bought the game today. I bought a car earilier this morning so this was my first time driving anywhere without a backseat driver. I haven't even played yet so I can't waste time talking to you guys. :D I might have to pull a Cashed and dissapear for a week. ;D

edit: The second you start the game up the level of polish it's recieved is clear. If your like me and you waited to see the intro video your in for a real treat. I couldn't stop saying wow. I've finished the intro now, it took me just alittle over three hours to complete. The game does a great job at getting you attached to Roxas early on. Everything starts out pretty quickly. Towards the end it starts moving very fast.

The only complaints I've heard is that it's too easy. I feel that the standard difficulty is challenging enough but if you think it will be too easy for you change it to hard. So far I'm just been amazed by everthing.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Alright, well it appears everyone else who has purchased this game is busy playing it. Heck, I'd be playing it, by my roommate is asleep on the couch, and he's the sort of roommate who'd throw the television out the window if I woke him up with it, so I decided to see what everyone else has to say about the game thus far. Which is nothing. Sweet.

As for myself, I am thoroughly impressed so far. When I started the game up I was by myself, and through the course of the first three hours of the game, I acquired an audience of about five people who had never played KH before, so that say something about the level of depth of the story line.

However, as of yet I have two complaints. The first is the camera. One of the things I loved about the previous game was the ability to use the R2 and L2 buttons to move it right or left, and I didn't have to take my thumb off the X, O, ect. buttons to do so. As far as I can tell, that feature has been completely eliminated, and I have to use the infernal joystick, which is extremely obnoxious when I'm trying to fight.

The second is more of a minor thing, and that is some of the voice acting. A few of the returning characters are obviously voiced by different people, and its very distracting when I see
Leon or Yuffie
and I hear someone completely different.
Aeris' (Aerith?)
voice is particularly stale. However, at the same time, all of the new voices I've heard so far are amazing, and character movements during dialogue emphasize the dialogue perfectly, so I like I said, its only a minor issue for me.

In any case, I think I'll have more to say later, but my roommate just woke up, so its back to the game!

Andy

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yay someone else to talk to!

I have similar complaints. I liked the camera in the first because I could run through the list of commands without stopping. The camera is great but you don't really feel like you can mess with it during battle. The FP view is a neat feature but I prefer to be able to see my character so I don't use it much.

The story is great so far. I was curious how they would explain things like being able to go to other worlds and meeting familar villians. The explanations given are not lame like I thought they would be and having everyone recognize you makes the game feel complete. I didn't think characters like Mushu would remeber you but they do.

One place that the game has really improved is in the humor department. In KH when Donald gets flattend by a door my response was "that was dumb". I think they must have used some of the Disney writters this time around because I can't believe that these moments were written by the same people from KH.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I definetely agree in the humor department. Especially any time
Pete
is on the screen. He's just so lovably pathetic.

I do have one other complaint about this game so far. TOO ADDICTING. See, I am a college student, which means that at least six papers due at any given time. I've logged 16+ hours on this thing since I started at six thirty yesterday night. I consider myself lucky that the weekend begins soon, but couldn't they have released this game on a friday? Or in June? Scratch that idea, there's no way I could have waited till June...

In regaurds to the plot, I am confused as heck, and I love it. Sure, I've heard the theories about
Roxas and Organization 13
, heck I've been hearing billions of different takes on it since people figured out they could get ASAS and Deep Dive, but I am still confused as heck. But you know what? I love it. This game has had me second guessing my ideas soooo much. In any case, I'll hold off on what details have caused this because I'm guessing I'm a bit further than most (meaning I'm a bit obsessed), and I wouldn't want to spoil anything that isn't semi-common knowledge, even with spoiler tags.

Adios, and good heartless hunting.

Andy

Dibs

Smash Lord
I wish I had a working playstation to play this game. I'm still debating if it would be worth it to buy a new ps2 just so i can play kh2..

The rAt

Smash Ace
Well, having just finished the game, I thought I should offer my review.

First of all, holy crap. It usually takes me quite a bit longer to beat games, but then I was pretty psyched about this particular game. I'm not entirely finished with all of the side stuff, and I haven't completed all of the objectives on all the worlds, but honestly, I thought the central quest would be much longer than it was. That said, I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially the upgrades to the fighting style. Some of the fights in this game were beautifully coreagraphed and involve much more than just fighting. Fighting was nowhere near as tedius as in KH1.

The area in which I was a bit disapointed was the plot. Toward the beginning it is amazingly cryptic and for that reason I enjoyed it thoroughly, but about halfway through you get certain details which allow you to predict the ending quite easily. I guess what I mean to say is that I wish it had some of the twists which made the first game great. This is partially a result of the hype, and I was expecting some plot twists to blow me out of the water, and they just never came. However, I have only myself to blame for this, as I had engaged in plenty of speculation before the game came out, and it turned out that most of my predictions were correct. However, That aside, the game was amazing, but in my mind will not quite live up to the first game in certain ways.

Let's hope that the next one will be even better ;)

Nite

Smash Champion
Man, this game rocks, I don't know how you have found the time to beat the game already though. I guess it is depending on when it came out where you live, but all I can say is that it is awesome.

*Runs to continue playing*

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
The rAt said:
Well, having just finished the game, I thought I should offer my review.

First of all, holy crap. It usually takes me quite a bit longer to beat games, but then I was pretty psyched about this particular game. I'm not entirely finished with all of the side stuff, and I haven't completed all of the objectives on all the worlds, but honestly, I thought the central quest would be much longer than it was. That said, I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially the upgrades to the fighting style. Some of the fights in this game were beautifully coreagraphed and involve much more than just fighting. Fighting was nowhere near as tedius as in KH1.

The area in which I was a bit disapointed was the plot. Toward the beginning it is amazingly cryptic and for that reason I enjoyed it thoroughly, but about halfway through you get certain details which allow you to predict the ending quite easily. I guess what I mean to say is that I wish it had some of the twists which made the first game great. This is partially a result of the hype, and I was expecting some plot twists to blow me out of the water, and they just never came. However, I have only myself to blame for this, as I had engaged in plenty of speculation before the game came out, and it turned out that most of my predictions were correct. However, That aside, the game was amazing, but in my mind will not quite live up to the first game in certain ways.

Let's hope that the next one will be even better ;)

I agree, the game was a bit short. I have to admit though it was fun fighting sephiroth

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Does anyone know the requirements to get the secret video?

Complete all episodes? Fight Sephiroth?

The rAt

Smash Ace
Not entirely certain about the secret stuff, but I'm working on getting some of the stuff I skimmed past. I heard from a friend who has the official guide that one thing you need is
the Final drive form
, but I cannot say for certain at the moment. I'll let you know when I unlock it. However of the ending I will say this;
the normal ending is open ended for a sequel
. In any case, I'm going back to playing for a bit more, and see what I can accomplish. Later.
Andy

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Very baffling indeed.

Could that have been
other Nobodies? Or was that one guy the same as the last boss? Were the three Keyblades supposed to symbolize that Sora, Riku, and Mickey were all dead? Or was this just a new generation? Or do all the Keyblades from all generations go to that weird, field-like place when they're no longer needed?
Bah! So many questions!

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Chris of STARS said:
On normal difficulty you need 100% completion in Jiminy's Journal.

On hard you need that, plus lock all worlds, including Winnie the Crap's.

Or you can just watch it right now by clicking here: http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=7k-k1uL_YsE&search=kingdom hearts 2 secret

^ But beware...it's extremely baffling... O_o
actually for proud mode, all you need to do is lock all the worlds, none of that 100% journal crap.

Which was cool since i started in proud mode and got to see it with only 90% completion.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Master WGS said:
Hmmm... Very baffling indeed.

Could that have been
other Nobodies? Or was that one guy the same as the last boss? Were the three Keyblades supposed to symbolize that Sora, Riku, and Mickey were all dead? Or was this just a new generation? Or do all the Keyblades from all generations go to that weird, field-like place when they're no longer needed?
Bah! So many questions!
*The three soldiers were probably Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Riku's weapon is easily distinguishable by it's wing shape, and Kairi becomes capable of wielding a keyblade at the end of KH2.

Nite

Smash Champion
I finally beat this the other day. Man, it was awesome.
@Exodia-This one is better than the first one by far. Sorry.
Sephiroth was too fresh, I wanted to slap Square Enix for making him so strong. I finally beat him and it was a beautiful moment...., annoying, but beautiful.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I've beaten the game now and I thought the ending was extremely satisfying. There were so many things I wanted to happen but I didn't think they would do it because of obligations to a third game.
The Beast turning into the prince. Ariel becoming human. The two games were tied together so well. Finding out that Kairi was the one who had written those words and when the music from the first game starts playing...awesome. And Sora finding the drawing the same way Kairi did was a nice touch.
I haven't seen the special video and I'm probably going to have to start a new game to see it. Completing Jiminys journal is way too hard. That was a bad idea to make that nessesscary to see the video.

Top Bottom