• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

~AARON~

Smash Rookie
I was using the save point technique, but i found that it took too long, and the tournament idea could be quicker since your drive bar is restored every round.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
The tournament drive gauge recovery is way quicker than the save point technique. Unless you're like me that doesn't wanna enter the tournament just to fill the drive gauge and just sticks with fighting to fill it up and then using the save technique.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I've been meaning to ask this for some time. A final fantasy fan might be able to help.

During the credits Leon is shown reading a letter. A pink butterfly floats up from the letter. I also noticed Cloudis absent from the ending. Is this some reference to FF 9 or am I just missing something?

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the butterfly floating up from the letter...but Cloud is absent from the credits because he's fighting Sephiroth in another world, dimension or something. If you defeated Sephiroth then you'll know why Cloud is absent.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
On Normal mode (forget what it's called), you have to complete the journal. If you play on Proud mode, you just have to beat all of the worlds.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
Ashura Fan said:
For getting the secret ending, do I have to totally complete the journal, including minigames and treasures, or do I just beat all the worlds?
Complete everything in the journal 100%. That includes synthesis items, limit combos, etc...

vZakat

Half Genie
It doesn't take that long to get 100% in the journal. It only took me about 65 hours without any guides.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
I just bought this game today and it is AMAZING. Love the gummi ship levels. Kingdom Hearts regular shoot, get item got boring after awhile so I'm glad they switched it up. There sure are a lot of cut scenes but that only adds to the suspense and action in an RPG so what more could you ask for. I'm seriously hoping in the near future that Square Enix will release another one making a trilogy.

Incidently if you haven't found this yet.

Fantasia Cameo: Go to the top of the tower where Yen is and look to your left. You should see a stack of books laying next to each other. Careful examination says "The King's mischievious stories" or something like that. If you have watched Fantasia you know the part where Mickey abuses the power Yen gives him, which is control over the brooms. This creates a flood. Needless to say Yen got really mad. Just thought I'd share that.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, the secret ending is pretty telling. It certainly lends to the idea that there will be another sequel. And based on the success of this game, I'd count on it.

RC8

Smash Rookie
Well, the secret ending is pretty telling. It certainly lends to the idea that there will be another sequel. And based on the success of this game, I'd count on it.
I finally saw the secret ending. Man, I can't for Square to release the next Kingdom Hearts...

M@verick

Smash Rookie
KhII is the greatest game ever(along with Halo2 and Smash Melee, of course). And btw. the silver dudes are Nobodies . There created when a person loses his heart to a heartless. If they are strong willed, the empty shell left behind acts as if it has a mind of its own. The have No emotions. OrganizationXIII are nobodies.

Btw owned Sepiroth at Lvl 72 with Oblivion. :laugh:

M@verick

Smash Rookie
i didn't c the secret ending yet, but after you beat Ansem, they hint at a sequel. Sora, Riku, and Kairi receive a letter form King Mickey. The camera zooms out as they begin to read it though. So theres a definite hint of KHIII

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not mistaken, you get it in toon town...I think the planes(forgot what they're called) give em to ya or the cars(forgot what they're called, too). So, yeah, I think that's where you get the frost crystal.

supersmashboy

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think it's a better idea to just play on Proud mode to get the secret ending, seeing as how it's really not all that tough. >_>

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I liked the first one and everything and I'm sure this game will get better, but did anyone else find the beginning horribly vapid and about one hundred times longer than it should have been? I feel like playing the game is a chore.

Hardman

Smash Rookie
Help!
I can't get any of the trio's final weapons and getting any new tourments (Paradox)!
Please help! I tell you a secret if you do!

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Hardman said:
Help!
I can't get any of the trio's final weapons and getting any new tourments (Paradox)!
Please help! I tell you a secret if you do!
I made something on GameFaqs to answer some of those questions that just about everyone asks.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=915410&topic=27498987

sora's weapon is in there, but Donald and Goofy's, you must find the scroll(applies to Sora too) but the items to make them can be found in a lot of places.

EDIT I'm not sure if I posted this already so sorry if I did.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Kingdom Hearts II was way to linear and repetitive. Sure, the story line was superb and I got quite 'emo' at the ending, but hat's because I love the game for what it is, however.. The game was exactly as following:

• Walk for three maps in one direction
  • Kill random enemy
  • Cutscene
  • Boss fight
  • Cutscene
  • Rinse and repeat

There was NO huge sidegame to Kingdom Hearts II like there was in the first one (mainly being the dalmations) and even Sephiroth was much easier to beat! Since I'm on the subject of things being 'easier,' THIS GAME WAS A SINCH! I didn't have any struggles throughout the whole game and I didn't get get the ultimate weapons! While the new combos seem "awesome" at first glance, they take all of the fun away. You no longer need to do ANYTHING except mash X and occasionally Triangle. There are plenty of spells, but all of them are practically useless except cure. Due to Soras new abilities, you have no reason to jump, or even run for that matter.

The only thing that kept this game alive was the story line and the Organization.

shadowstriker2005

Smash Journeyman
The game was a bit too easy, IMO. But the voiceacting, and battle mechanics were superb. I didn't use the Form,s as they were kind of useless. Donald's Comet could easily destroy Heartless, so that made the game a little easier. The only thing that really annoyed me was how the Cure spell used up al of your MP. That made items much more necessary, and if you didn't have items while the bar was recharging, you could have been toast in some battles.

nux23

Smash Ace
White boi sora

I think final form is AWESOME in tron's world (A.K.A. Space Paranoids)

____________________________________________________________+

Almost 50 post. WHOOPEE :joyful: :newbie: :bluejump: :pikachu: :pikachu: :pikachu: :065: :095: :smiliegor :enforcer: :sniper: :burst: :tnt: :laser: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Has anyone here beaten Sephiroth? Sorry if someone already asked this but I'm not going to read 21 pages.

From what I've played through though(and it was to the final world) it was really easy, like MDZ said.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Haha, I finally beat Sephiroth!

Beat him at level 80. At first I thought I was going to need to be at level 100. Lies. Just like I was supposed to be at level 100 in the first game but beat him at lv 75. It took me about 10 tries, I just kept getting furthur each time. I almost didn't make it the last time, my life bar was in the red and I was out of items. It almost seems "easy" when you get the hang of it. You mostly have to be really aggressive.

phew...

solomonarnould

Smash Rookie
Kingdom Hearts 2 is the best game ever, that is until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

The storyline of KH3 is gonna be great because its Sora Riku and Kairi, along with new disney characters, and there in the middle of the Keyblade war, as far as I know so far, you will still be Sora, but you wont have donald and goofy, you will have Riku and Kairi, which will be totally awesome seemings how Riku is like the best character in the games

solomonarnould

Smash Rookie
I dont like the shadow form, especially when your trying to train your other drive forms, it uses all you drive gauges and forces you to have to get it up again

solomonarnould

Smash Rookie
My favorite form is final because its the strongest, and you can just fly around everywhere messing around but really quickly, and if you leave the paddle alone but your in a fight, the keyblades attack for you

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's amazing that you're one of the few people to use the search function and yet you can't edit your post.

Top Bottom