• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of Cali Teammate, Housing, and Transportation thread

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
im in the socal region already, gonna be waitin for norcal to come through. but in the meantime, depending on timing, i might be able to give rides to the pasadena area if time/gas permits

Violence

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I get in on Friday night at 11 pm, and I need a ride to Sung's place. If there's no ride available, I'll just taxi.

Likewise, I'm trying to get to the airport for my Monday flight at 6 am, and I'm willing to stay the night at the airport, so if someone can give me a ride very early Monday morning/Sunday night, I would really appreciate it.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Norcal has two cars coming down. Can anyone house the two groups

We have a van of 8 people and a sepaate car of 5 people.

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I get in on Friday night at 11 pm, and I need a ride to Sung's place. If there's no ride available, I'll just taxi.

Likewise, I'm trying to get to the airport for my Monday flight at 6 am, and I'm willing to stay the night at the airport, so if someone can give me a ride very early Monday morning/Sunday night, I would really appreciate it.
hey violence, i might be able to give u a ride to sung's friday night depending on where his place is and what time norcal drives in. im just gonna be waiting for them anyways

and im headed back to malibu sunday afternoon for work, so if ur cool wit bein at the airport by about 2-ish, then i can take u.

No U

Smash Journeyman
hey, me and another idahomie are gonna be rolling in late friday and will need a place to crash friday/saturday. Does anybody still have space available?

also I'll do Kirby MMs against any mid or lower tier characters wherever I'm housed :D

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
hey violence, i might be able to give u a ride to sung's friday night depending on where his place is and what time norcal drives in. im just gonna be waiting for them anyways

and im headed back to malibu sunday afternoon for work, so if ur cool wit bein at the airport by about 2-ish, then i can take u.
Wow norcal goin to work. Thanks for the offer but I got him

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Idaho needs a roof to sleep under. We are driving 15 hours and I will probably give you money via MMs. Luigi/Kirby team MM's No U? lol anyway we are pretty chill guys just wanting to play maximum amount of smash so let either of us know if any housing is available.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm not too sure on how team registration works. I only signed up for singles so far, but I'd team with you, Sizzle if I could pay at the door.

play fox

soap

Smash Hero
Well I'm flyin in solo as what looks to be the lone Midwest Representative

My flight actually gets into LAX thursday night round 10 pm, looking for housing thursday, friday, and saturday nights.

I'm cool with crashing on the floor where-ever and will give you lots of friendlies. Baka? Bosco? Sung?

If you guys are full, I'm also down for splitting hotels. AZ? Idaho?

And I need a team-mate. I play sheik. I'm aight.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hey Fly this is ROFL. wanna team?

ill play fox/luigi depending on whats feeling better and stage and matchup.
Sure, I'm down to try this. ICs/Luigi sounds weird as hell, but I know Chu/SheikSSBM were able to make it work back in the day, lol.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I dunno about the rest of az but I am not down for hoteling with a lot of people. no offense.

I really need ny sleep and privacy for obvious reasons.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well I'm flyin in solo as what looks to be the lone Midwest Representative
Nope, I'm going. =) So is Wretched, but then he was already in the area for a couple months for something else anyway heh.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Hey does anybody have an open carpooling space, I live in Lakewood. Would really appreciate some help getting there.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Siiiick.

And if socal cant provide any housing, the rest of us should look into splitting a hotel room. So far it's:
commonyoshi
soap
Idaho
AZ
????????????????? too lazy to look
I'll pitch in money(probably won't stay) if you guys can give me a ride XD

oksas

oak-sauce
even if mizuki wants some privacy ow w/e vincent we should still be able to take you at the very least

ps whatever the case if any other parties get a room it'd be sweet if we got rooms close by

2Jar

Smash Rookie
I'm not 100% sure yet, but i can probably house 4-5 people from friday night to sunday morning.

Also, i still need a partner for doubles, i'm a luigi main with sheik secondary but can play marth if needed, my only requirement is no peaches, can't handle the downsmash

No U

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down to split for a hotel room with you commonyoshi if there's no housing available, but my gas money partner bailed so I guess I was wondering if there's anybody in/passing through Nevada or Oregon who has extra room and who'd be willing to meet up somewhere and carpool for some gas money??

soap

Smash Hero
I'm not 100% sure yet, but i can probably house 4-5 people from friday night to sunday morning.

Also, i still need a partner for doubles, i'm a luigi main with sheik secondary but can play marth if needed, my only requirement is no peaches, can't handle the downsmash
Never teamed with a Luigi before, but it sounds fun

If u housed me we could get some practice in too;)

:phone:

2Jar

Smash Rookie
Oksasoglu and soap, are you guys in the same carpool?

Also, how many would be in each of your cars?

Do you guys have setups? cause i only have one at my place

2Jar

Smash Rookie
do you have a ride from the airport? i don't know of any rides i can offer cause my car is gonna b nearly full driving to the event

soap

Smash Hero
do you have a ride from the airport? i don't know of any rides i can offer cause my car is gonna b nearly full driving to the event
what area do you live in exactly

I actually get in thursday and was prolly just gonna get a hotel that night, then spend friday going around the city a bit, with cabs/buses/walking

but I'd like to stay with smashers the night before (to save money, and to smash)

oksas

oak-sauce
yeah like mizuki said, we got 5 of us in the car. very diverse bunch, with one turk, two white people, an asian, and a sorta black guy, if that's any incentive lols

and i think we'll have at least 1 full setup, possibly 2 depending on how many bags everyone packs. my 2nd tv is pretty tiny but a good size for singles matches so hopefully we can squeeze it. we're also more than happy to compensate a lil bit for housing us if you decide you are able/willing. if it's too much though, we understand heh

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I actually get in thursday and was prolly just gonna get a hotel that night, then spend friday going around the city a bit, with cabs/buses/walking
I'd be down to split for a hotel room with you commonyoshi if there's no housing available
I could house with both you guys friday night if I dont end up staying with 2jar. Need a way to get to the venue as well, so I was thinking we just get a hotel nearby. I can sleep on the floor, lol. ^_^
You're luigi, haha. You should be great at surviving those dsmashes.

As for housing with you, 2jar, I still need a ride to the venue, and I dont know if you're going to be driving other people and stuff. Keep me updated.

Edit: I could bring a cub with me on the plane, but no tv, haha.

2Jar

Smash Rookie
So here is the set up i can offer you guys for sleeping, driving, and playing the night before:

I have two couches that can fit one person each, two blow up bed that can fit one each, two twin size beds, and a floor that can hold as many as are willing

as of right now, im driving practiceman and midg to the venue in my 4 seater, but if my parents don't mind lending me their car i can drive up to 4 more, but no promises.

in your guys's sleeping area there will be at least 2 lag free tvs, one game cube with smash, and enough room to hold about 5 or 6 setups. I also have a wii but only one copy of smash, so if you guys have an extra tv and a copy of smash you could bring that too, it would probably be handy to label everything though, lol

as long as you guys are coll with all of this i can house all seven off you

soap: i'm down to team with you, and i live at 1724 hillside drive in glendale CA, it's about 5 - 10 mins away from the venue

also, is there gonna b an oxy smashfest next friday for last day prep?

soap

Smash Hero
wow, that sounds perfect, I appreciate it man

let's get it, grab > shoryuken all day, or I don't know you prolly know what luigi does better in teams. I can save your up-b from being edgehogged with needles

Top Bottom