• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby better than ice climbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
KevinM said:
Eaode ftw!!
And seriously mentioning all these pros doing well is worthless.. they are PROs

This means they are good and can pull out wins

And no Low tier characters are not in low tier because people don't try to advance them.. its because they don't have the tools to win, be it an approach game, or a defense game.. they just aren't as good

None of this all characters can be the best if you're good enough BS
^^ exactly. My friend will 2 stock me with Y. Link when I'm CF. OMG YL > CF?!?!?!

No, he's better than me.

SantaClaus

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else have a major problem with the spelling of "said" as "sed" ?

Every time I read "I sed ____" it kills me a little on the inside :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
YOU SUPPORT EUTHANASIA! WE NEED TO KEEP THIS THREAD ON LIFE SUPPORT, EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NO FUNCTIONING TOPIC!

sorry, lol.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
Well, Kirby is saying he can beat me. I performed over 40 combos with the Ice Climbers, around 20 with Kirby and like 27 with Pikachu, I'll accept your challenge if we meet up at the mall at 6:30 pm, ok Kirby? It's just that I don't want you to spread fake rumors of me being a noob and stuff. We'll see later who is better, good luck to you and me. =)

It doesn't mean anything to you but it means a lot to me, tht I spend the work and time trying to do combos instead of bragging that you could be someone that you don't even know, it's sad really..

Plus, I've beaten the All Star mode on hard without dying and continuing. I'm not saying I'm better, but you should train before we actually play against each other, okay? I could bring along some of my friends so we can have a fun tournament. Like a small one to see which one of us really has skill. =)

But it's entirely up to you. I hope you accept my friends coming over to play with us after our match. Let's agree on the rules... I'll make them and to see if you'll accept or deny them.

Stock Match. 5 lives. No items. 3 rounds. Hyrule Temple, Final Destination and Battlefield alright with you? Just email me if you have read this. Besides this is your thread that you've created. Plus, I'll use Ice Climbers for the three rounds while you can switch your characters. Like, Kirby to Pika or Ness. Your choice. =)

Have fun training. I'll be training too so yeah, it'll be worth it. =)

- Ice Climbers P and N

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ummm, IC P and N, you kinda do sound like a nub. not to say kirby isn't buy Hyrule temple? and beating all star mode under teh cirumstances you've described/how many combos you have in training mode really doesn't mean jack on SWF.

Eaode

Smash Champion
ummm, IC P and N, you kinda do sound like a nub. not to say kirby isn't buy Hyrule temple? and beating all star mode under teh cirumstances you've described/how many combos you have in training mode really doesn't mean jack on SWF.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke because of his username.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
this whole thread was made in a day holy crap and no y.link doesn't suck all chars may not be equal but low tier chars have just an equal chance of winning as high tier it all depends on mind tricks and skill, that is all

D

Deleted member

This topic needs to die... seriously... I'm not even going to argue anything...

PS: That 2nd video of Wobbles vs. the Y.Link... LMAO at infinite grab by Wobbles

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
this whole thread was made in a day holy crap and no y.link doesn't suck all chars may not be equal but low tier chars have just an equal chance of winning as high tier it all depends on mind tricks and skill, that is all
Great another one >_>

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Remember the "7 Habits of a Professional Smasher" thread that led to a SoraKeybladeMaster vs. FastLikeTree moneymatch? Now that thread was epic.

This, this is nothing.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Remember the "7 Habits of a Professional Smasher" thread that led to a SoraKeybladeMaster vs. FastLikeTree moneymatch? Now that thread was epic.

This, this is nothing.
Agreed. Though it'd be funny if the thread in the Link boards turns into another Sora....

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
K, so you think yor such a basa$$ at this game, I'm gonna give you some advice, and when you post the vids of you getting your a$$ kicked, I'm gonna laugh. If this guy is a good IC, then he will have both nana and popo for about 70% of the match. If he is a great IC, then he will be wiping the floor with your cocky face till you look uglier than mother's day at eminem's house for about 70% of the match. Now, if YOU are a good smasher, you'll not post crap like this ever again unless you make it epic, ostentatious, and outlandishly hilarious!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN

This, this is nothing.
of course this is nothing. it jus a stupid topic that got out of hand (im not bringing back tho). i actually thot it was kinda fun for my first debate session, evn tho alot of ppl were trampling me n i got little help...w/e

i jus hope this dude posts the vid whether he loses or not. he is too cocky n if he loses n doesnt post the vid, that jus makes him a little p*ssy (i hope yer reading this Kriby warpstar!)

inside

Smash Journeyman
Kirby isn't so bad, he's just very... fragile.

And Young link on the other hand is basically link, except weaker. So Link's more superior.

Kirby isn't so bad, he's just very... fragile.

And Young link on the other hand is basically link, except weaker. So Link's more superior.
*sigh* i would make a big deal on Link vs Ylink but no more of taht crap. like seriously evry1...
Pinoy pride! Tang inang sh**, haha
Fragile + no good attacks + no good combos = terrible
props on that one

Binx

Smash Master
How is this thread still open, anyways ICs would own Kirby so hard its not even funny, they have better everything than him including grabs, combos, range, recovery.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
im jus trying to prove that Ylink doesnt suck.
Do well in a major competitive tournament, you'll show the community how well a Y. Link can do.
That's how Chu proved IC don't suck, Bum proved DK "doesn't suck", PC and other Falco players proved Falco is more broken than what people thought (back when Falco was lower on the tier list), and so forth.
Fragile + no good attacks + no good combos = terrible
Good attacks=his spam lol
If it wasn't for his spam, he would be in bottom tier and would lose just about every matchup with every character in the game.

no good *KOing* attacks (finishers) -corrected

Do well in a major competitive tournament, you'll show the community how well a Y. Link can do.
That's how Chu proved IC don't suck, Bum proved DK "doesn't suck", PC and other Falco players proved Falco is more broken than what people thought (back when Falco was lower on the tier list), and so forth.
yea i know that. there have been others (caveman, aniki, chu, wak) that proved he doesnt suck. but because those pros (excluding wak) main others, ppl still contradict.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is in bottom tier and would already lose just about every matchup. Kirby just has a bunch of moves that don't lead to anything if the opponent DIs well. That's why he's low tier. The only good thing going for Kirby is his Swallowcide and even then most people wouldn't fall for it.

sexysanta73

Smash Apprentice
yea i know that. there have been others (caveman, aniki, chu, wak) that proved he doesnt suck. but because those pros (excluding wak) main others, ppl still contradict.
Just because they perform well as those characters, and even then don't perform as well as their other characters, doesn't mean that he's good. skill > tiers

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why y. link sucks

he gets ***** by fox, falco, sheik, falcon, ICs, samus, doc, jiggs, mario, ganon

those are all above low tier...y. link sucks

why does kirby suck, cause he has no good match-ups

Just because they perform well as those characters, and even then don't perform as well as their other characters, doesn't mean that he's good. skill > tiers
yea i know that skill is over tiers. those that i mentioned, i didnt mean they make Ylink good cuz they play better with their mains, i meant that every time i bring them up, some people contradict my statements by saying thats not their main.
why y. link sucks

he gets ***** by fox, falco, sheik, falcon, ICs, samus, doc, jiggs, mario, ganon

those are all above low tier...y. link sucks

why does kirby suck, cause he has no good match-ups
ive seen Young Link get ***** by Fox, Falco, ICs, and Samus. ive seen him beat Sheik, Falcon (i think), Doc, Jiggs, Mario, and Ganon.

Kirbys only good thing is Swallocide. His Dair is ridiculous to pull off in a real match, and his Bair and Hammer (mallet part only) can only KO after around 150% or w/e.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sheik ***** all low tier, ganon ***** all low tier too, except for DK and link, falcon has the speed to run circles around him, and the rest just **** him period

jiggs actually, i lied about, he does really well on jiggs

sheik ***** all low tier, ganon ***** all low tier too, except for DK and link, falcon has the speed to run circles around him, and the rest just **** him period

jiggs actually, i lied about, he does really well on jiggs
ive seen Caveman beat somepersons sheik (cant remember who). Aniki ***** his bros (masashi) Ganon-but then thats Masashis :). i thnk ive seen caveman beat darkrain once.
EDIT: is everyone jus gonna argue about Ylink until Kirby warpstar posts that vid of him losing/winning?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
those are based on skill

caveman was most likly better t han the sheik and masashi is better with y. link than aniki is with ganon, a lot better

i ***** a y. link recently, 3 stocked him like 3 times in a row...

u got Aniki and Masashi the wrong way (i already knew taht. i thot it was a funny match somehow). n u see wut i do wit Caveman? its cuz hes skilled with him, y i always bring him up.

n i ***** a Ganon recently too. 4 stock match. i got left with 2 (i fell for the Dair XD)

EDIT: i notice u didnt add Marth. altho Marths are hard to get by with that long *** reach. but Ylink got a boomerang haha

Miharu

Smash Hero
u got Aniki and Masashi the wrong way (i already knew taht. i thot it was a funny match somehow). n u see wut i do wit Caveman? its cuz hes skilled with him, y i always bring him up.

n i ***** a Ganon recently too. 4 stock match. i got left with 2 (i fell for the Dair XD)

EDIT: i notice u didnt add Marth. altho Marths are hard to get by with that long *** reach. but Ylink got a boomerang haha
No. Stop trying to pass off top-level players beating those at a lesser skill level as proof that Y. Link doesn't have too hard of a time with top tier (or to put it bluntly, that he sucks).

Caveman and Aniki (and other Y. Link mains) are either extraordinarily skilled with Y. Link, or have studied the various hard matchups to death. They also rely on the fact that most people are utterly stumped when it comes to playing against Y. Link. But you won't see Caveman beating someone like KDJ with Y. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom