• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Combo (99 hit w/**** tent/ 43 hit countinuous)

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Who says they don't? I mean, I like watching them, but I prefer como's against humans, it's a whole differnt type of skill.
Combos in training mode show off some pretty flashy skill. I doubt most players would be able to pull off some of the combos Malva has done... Though, I do agree that combos in real matches are more exciting to watch... like 2x better.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I like how he disabled ratings.
Because this deserves liek 300 stars, not only 5. too pwn.

Oh, BTW Matts!, since you use kirby and only kirby (yawn), you could be a bit more original and use DK's powers to finish the combo with a giant punch... Same for any other char you do combo against. Makes kirby a bit more interesting.

DMoogle

A$
Because this deserves liek 300 stars, not only 5. too pwn.

Oh, BTW Matts!, since you use kirby and only kirby (yawn), you could be a bit more original and use DK's powers to finish the combo with a giant punch... Same for any other char you do combo against. Makes kirby a bit more interesting.
+1

I've played MATTS! when he's used characters other than Kirby before.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've only ever seen MATTS! use Jiggs before, regarding characters he uses other than Kirby...

malva00

Smash Master
The majority of "real" combo vids just show a lot of non-combo gameplay rather than actual combos. Thus, the people who do not understand the difference between non-combo gameplay and real combos are liable to think gameplay vids are combo vids. Therefore, some people are actually thinking gameplay > training mode combos, something any sane smasher would agree with, so it is pointless to point out.

As for people who can differentiate between non-combo gameplay and real combos and still prefer in-game combo vids over training mode combo vids, I say they are are DUM. In-game combo vids are for people who suck and need advice on comboing. Otherwise, they are pointless and boring to pros like MATTS! and me.

Full Matches > Gameplay Vids > Training Mode Combo Vids > In-game Combo Vids

D

Deleted member

Who says they don't? I mean, I like watching them, but I prefer como's against humans, it's a whole differnt type of skill.
combos in practice mode are way harder than doing combos against people (linked combos)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So, comboing a zero-DI static opponent is way harder than comboing an actual human opponent with DI...?

Dont get me wrong, training mode combos are usually great and entertaining stuff, but its just for showing off and it doesnt necessarily show the real skill of a player on an actual match.
Even some noobs can try some insane combo like 500 times on training mode and succeed at some point

malva00

Smash Master
Dont get me wrong, training mode combos are usually great and entertaining stuff
Then that's all that matters. So what's the point of saying "but its just for showing off and it doesnt necessarily show the real skill of a player on an actual match"? No one thinks it shows real skill, so why mention it?

Even some noobs can try some insane combo like 500 times on training mode and succeed at some point
Succeeding is not the point, it's to entertain and show creative ways to combo.

D

Deleted member

So, comboing a zero-DI static opponent is way harder than comboing an actual human opponent with DI...?

Dont get me wrong, training mode combos are usually great and entertaining stuff, but its just for showing off and it doesnt necessarily show the real skill of a player on an actual match.
a guy who misses the point

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The majority of "real" combo vids just show a lot of non-combo gameplay rather than actual combos. Thus, the people who do not understand the difference between non-combo gameplay and real combos are liable to think gameplay vids are combo vids. Therefore, some people are actually thinking gameplay > training mode combos, something any sane smasher would agree with, so it is pointless to point out.

As for people who can differentiate between non-combo gameplay and real combos and still prefer in-game combo vids over training mode combo vids, I say they are are DUM. In-game combo vids are for people who suck and need advice on comboing. Otherwise, they are pointless and boring to pros like MATTS! and me.

Full Matches > Gameplay Vids > Training Mode Combo Vids > In-game Combo Vids
This is the exact same thing i told Zen yore!

haha!

Mahie

Smash Lord
Cool combo MATTS!, and I'd like to see kirby comboes using his opponent's ability aswell. Try to make some.

And yeah traning is for entertainment, and no, training mode combos are not harder, they're just different, since you can try again and again, whereas if you mess up in a match, you get *****.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't understand why Nixxxon gets hated on so much. Seems like a nice kid to me and he's welcome to state his opinions whenever he wants. What seems dumb to me is everyone that disagrees with his opinions feel compelled to call him dumb. Lame.

Anyway I disagree with malva.

In game combo videos are my favorite vids. Don't get me wrong, training mode combos are entertaining but pritty unrealistic in actual gameplay. Therefore It's more interesting to me to watch how someone executes combos in actual gameplay, even if they're not "legit" combos.

A good example is melee combo vids. Watching Darkrain tech chase/combo the **** out of someone a million different ways is far more interesting than any of the "training mode" melee combo vids/clips out there.

D

Deleted member

it's harder to me

sheer you know that melee isn't a game designed for linked combos hits in training mode bad comparison

and lol at nixxxon **** sucking

malva00

Smash Master
And yeah traning is for entertainment, and no, training mode combos are not harder, they're just different, since you can try again and again, whereas if you mess up in a match, you get *****.
the argument is not "doing a combo in training mode is harder than doing the same combo in a real match"

DI takes away your chance of performing in-game combos as complex as training mode combos. This means the combos that can realistically be performed in-game are not as complex, more straightforward, and are therefore easier.

In game combo videos are my favorite vids. Don't get me wrong, training mode combos are entertaining but pritty unrealistic in actual gameplay. Therefore It's more interesting to me to watch how someone executes combos in actual gameplay, even if they're not "legit" combos.
your use of "legit" groups you with the people who like gameplay vids. I said gameplay vids > training mode combos, so you really aren't disagreeing with me. A video that shows gameplay leading up to a combo isn't a pure combo vid. anyways, you're better off watching full matches to learn every aspect of fighting.

Mahie

Smash Lord
it's harder to me

sheer you know that melee isn't a game designed for linked combos hits in training mode bad comparison

and lol at nixxxon **** sucking
Well actually there is some flashy melee training combos, using items most of the time tho. Once again, it's for entertainement only, and it's even more true with melee's DI.

And I don't get it, why is it harder to you ?

@malva : What you say is indeed true, but doesn't that make the combos harder as well because of the DI ?

malva00

Smash Master
@malva : What you say is indeed true, but doesn't that make the combos harder as well because of the DI ?
I've already explained it. If you can't understand, then there's nothing more I can do without possibly confusing you somehow.

Frogles

Smash Ace
training mode combos actually show a lot of skill and knowledge of the game. knowing what links and having the tech to pull it off sounds like skill to me. you can bet your *** that somebody who pulls off crazy training mode **** can and will pull off crazy **** in real matches as well.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I've already explained it. If you can't understand, then there's nothing more I can do without possibly confusing you somehow.
My point was that flashy comboes are harder to pull in matches than in tranining mode. Which doesn't mean one of them is harder than the other. I was merely debating about it, but never said I thought one was harder than the other.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I got your back yo!

He is saying that because of DI combos used in MATCHES can't be as complex as the TRAINING MODE. Therefore you will usually see the watered down version of the training mode combo in real life which don't always require the knowledge and precision of a combo in a TRAINING MODE.

I'd also like to add in that the combos can be replicated in a match if the person getting comboed just simply gives up, as I sometimes do when some of you people being anal ****** me (HELL YEA [emphasis on the hell]) and it ends up in some kind of flashy *** combo (cough ZENYORE cough) which I hope you had recorded so we can all watch it and say, "**** that is an awesome combo, you did well on your part {TSPC} Cartman."

Thank you. I hope I understood you right Malva.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
That is how I understand it, too. The disagreement hinges on what "training mode combos" means. As malva00 said, the argument is not "doing a combo in training mode is harder than doing the same combo in a real match". Of course it's easier to do Kirby's drill combos in training mode than in actual battle. But when we use "training mode combo", we assume (there is an expectation) it is of the flashier, more complex stuff that often explores new ground or connects moves in lengths and ways typically not thought of on the fly. This is why when you see a youtube video of a training mode combo with something like Falcon fthrow uair uair upB there is generally a bunch of derogatory comments beneath and maybe 1 or 2 stars rating

so there is a subtle difference between "combos done in training mode" and "training mode combos" but maybe not as large as the difference between a "horse chestnut" and a "chestnut horse"

Top Bottom