• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby critique

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I like your Kirby, not as much as I love your Mario though.:laugh:

Just some advice, not that I am the best person to receive advice from.

Lay off final cutter a bit, it seemed to be the parts of the match where you got punished the most. And if you are worried about a projectile in that match, just go ahead and copy Pit's arrows.

I noticed you also got sheild grabbed a bit on your short hopped aeirials, which I know is really annoying, maybe some short hopped inhales. Then you could decide whether to copy, spit em out, or go for the Kirbycide.

Again, nice Kirby.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty cool Kirby ya got thar.

A few suggestions; sometimes you approach waaaaay too up there and try to land a DAir or something and it sorta makes you predictable, so try to stay in the fray a bit more. Don't float too far away from your opponent unless you really need space, especially with a person like Pit. Arrows. Too many Final Cutters, too.

But hey, that's not half bad.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
That's a pretty cool Kirby ya got thar.

A few suggestions; sometimes you approach waaaaay too up there and try to land a DAir or something and it sorta makes you predictable, so try to stay in the fray a bit more. Don't float too far away from your opponent unless you really need space, especially with a person like Pit. Arrows. Too many Final Cutters, too.

But hey, that's not half bad.
I like your Kirby, not as much as I love your Mario though.

Just some advice, not that I am the best person to receive advice from.

Lay off final cutter a bit, it seemed to be the parts of the match where you got punished the most. And if you are worried about a projectile in that match, just go ahead and copy Pit's arrows.

I noticed you also got sheild grabbed a bit on your short hopped aeirials, which I know is really annoying, maybe some short hopped inhales. Then you could decide whether to copy, spit em out, or go for the Kirbycide.

Again, nice Kirby.
Thanks for the advice ya'll! =D

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
You had some good manuevers, such as the d-air to f-smash. You also DI your aerials well and create decent spacing. You also used u-air effectively.

However, that Kirby still needs work...you use the wrong moves at the wrong time.

Also...
1. Do not spam Final Cutter.
2. D-air is not always the answer.
3. Ironic for this post, do not forget that you can use the c-stick for the aerials (though you seem to use it)...it lets you do platform-drop aerials more efficiently.
4. Practice your out-of-shield aerials. When you used it, your aerial took a long time to come out.

I like this Kirby; you just need a bit of practice and dropping of bad habits.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
You had some good manuevers, such as the d-air to f-smash. You also DI your aerials well and create decent spacing. You also used u-air effectively.

However, that Kirby still needs work...you use the wrong moves at the wrong time.

Also...
1. Do not spam Final Cutter.
2. D-air is not always the answer.
3. Ironic for this post, do not forget that you can use the c-stick for the aerials (though you seem to use it)...it lets you do platform-drop aerials more efficiently.
4. Practice your out-of-shield aerials. When you used it, your aerial took a long time to come out.

I like this Kirby; you just need a bit of practice and dropping of bad habits.
my tap jump is off so it makes it harder. But thx for the advice

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
Basically everything has been said already . . . i would have to say the final cutter is not always bad but it is not the best option at close range. and use more tilts.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'd recommend changing dair>fsmash to dair>dtilt>fsmash. Just a bit more damage to add and if he spot dodges the dtilt, you might catch him with the fsmash, where if you just fsmash you are behind him.

Top Bottom