• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The Sarcasm tho~ Its a hunch, ever heard of it?
Of course, he may be one of the weakest characters. I feel there are a lot of broken characters in PM as of now but no one puts in the time to find these strats and techniques. Many just go with the basic Fox, Falco, Sheik, Falcon, etc. while when some people find a character and exploit its Pros, many people cry "broken!" So far thats really only happened with Ike and Sonic.

Nevermind, its hard explaining this. Ive made it pretty clear what I'm trying to say... and plus I was being pretty sarcastic when I said "I'll be to Kirby what Wizzy was to Sonic"... Im just hyped for Kirby thats all... gawd!:confused:
No, you said "Will be broken" not "I have a hunch that he will be broken".

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
ha my noob comment

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
The Sarcasm in this thread tho~
Of course, he may be one of the weakest characters. I feel there are a lot of broken characters in PM as of now but no one puts in the time to find these strats and techniques. Many just go with the basic Fox, Falco, Sheik, Falcon, etc. while when some people find a character and exploit its Pros, many people cry "broken!" So far thats really only happened with Ike and Sonic.

Nevermind, its hard explaining this. Ive made it pretty clear what I'm trying to say... and plus I was being pretty SARCASTIC when I said "I'll be to Kirby what Wizzy was to Sonic"... Im just hyped for Kirby thats all... gawd!:confused:

But Ike and Sonic were actually broken. I'm beginning to wonder how good of a grasp you have on the progressive rebalancing of the characters and their interactions with the meta.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
lol long time ago

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Idk, maybe I worded it wrong. I know everything PM has been through and the progressive rebalancing of each patch. Like I told the other guy, its a hunch... noting serious. Im actually questioning why people are confronting me like I destroyed the PMBR or something lol.
Because this is the internet

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ike and sonic didn't get changes because they were broken.
they got changes for having brain-dead simple or toxic tactics- Ike's punishment game and Sonic's neutral game, respectively.

GeZ

Smash Lord
ike and sonic didn't get changes because they were broken.
they got changes for having brain-dead simple or toxic tactics- Ike's punishment game and Sonic's neutral game, respectively.

I think that's more true about Ike than Sonic. It was kind of publicly stated that Sonic was changed so drastically because of his having tools that let him dictate the pace of the match too well.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
shoving some info here:
-downb is incredibly fast, using it as an oddball gimping tool might actually be kinda viable
-side cutter's timing is weird. you have to be holding it EXACTLY horizontally, even slight diagonals will mess it up
-ftilt is surprisingly potent, I was expecting something tiny but that thing's got RANGE

I'm not fully comfortable with proper-thoughts until I see some frame data

cmart

Smash Lord
Hold down B and forward until it activates

--- Also you cannot do it on the ground. Forgot about that.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
--- Also you cannot do it on the ground. Forgot about that.
Best thing ever: doing it just barely off the ground. It looks to the opponent like you're still on the ground, but then you lunge forward.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby's short hop timing is like on par with Fox's. I keep accidentally full hopping :(

But short hop to immediate side-B hammer is too good!

Also this extra horizontal aerial mobility is amazing, but it's taking some getting used to for sure.

jalued

Smash Lord
i'm a little confused by his side upB. It seems to work in the air as well to aid his recovery.

Does it stop working after kirby reaches a certain number of jumps?

note: sadly kirby doesn't produce pills after eating doc :(

Fusiongt

Smash Rookie
You can do horizontal cutter and continue to jump (so if you have no more then it'll be the same after the cutter), you can't do multiple cutters after you do the first (unless you're hit, much like any up+b recovery move).

I think Kirby not producing pills after swallowing Dr. Mario might be a bug, or it's too hard to change (as I would assume the game as is doesn't care what costume the character is wearing)

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Kirby is freaking amazing in this game!!!

He has pretty neat d-throw chaingrab shenanigans on some characters at mid-high %

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I just wanna say, Kirby is so much fun to play as. I really wanted 64 nair to happen but this nair is still really good. I've been using it as a sort of a combo breaker because it's so quick. I'm pretty sure it was better range too but that might just be me. I'm having so much fun playing as him it's unreal. I never thought I'd get a good feeling Kirby under a Melee setting. PMBR2gud and I salute every single one of you. You've made one of my favorite video game characters viable

Edit: Taunt cancelling to get rid of powers is legit

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
More hype than the CGs are the stupid free combos like Rock > Uair > Rock > Cutter > Rock > Hammer
Like really...
His ground game isn't just fast-fluff without substance, it's like Melee with substance now...

Rizner

Smash Ace
down tilt a crouch cancelled opponent until they realize they shouldn't keep canceling it. side cutter close to ground and waveland, back throw is actually useful, Kirby the best.

Rizner

Smash Ace
What do you usually get from bthrow?
Usually it throws your opponent semi upwards with no real distance to kill and enough to not be able to combo out of it in any way. Now it's more horizontal so you can throw people off the stage 9th it.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Usually it throws your opponent semi upwards with no real distance to kill and enough to not be able to combo out of it in any way. Now it's more horizontal so you can throw people off the stage 9th it.
I haven't really found bthrow to be a good throw to use to combo out of or gimp. I've mostly used dthrow or fthrow at lower percentages.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I haven't really found bthrow to be a good throw to use to combo out of or gimp. I've mostly used dthrow or fthrow at lower percentages.
What I meant by that was it can now be used for stage control -- if you're at mid percents where a dthrow or fthrow won't combo into anything and you grab them near the edge with your back to it, you can bthrow to get them off the stage and then edgeguard from there. Not a gimp or combos, but really just stage control

Top Bottom