• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Kirby Fighters - A Taste of Smash Bros 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
As many of you know Kirby Triple Deluxe launched today on the 3DS. The game features a "mini-game" known as Kirby fighters that is essentially a basic version of Smash Bros featuring Kirbys with different abilities. There are even various stages and items involved. It's tons of fun and I can't help but feel that it's a stripped down version of what Smash will be like on the 3DS. It is made by HAL after all. Anybody else played Kirby Fighters and feel the same?

:kirby2:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Meh, it doesn't feel like smash at all. It's really just kirby gameplay with different abilities. I mean, there's no dodging, shielding, ability to knock people out of the stage nor even launch people further distances, ect... There is things where it can go up to 4 people and items, but other than that, it is no where near smash gameplay imo.

Last edited:

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I was really going to buy this game for the Kirby Fighters mode, except it didn't have Online Multiplayer! Good thing there's Mario Golf: World Tour the same day.

Last edited:

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
Meh, it doesn't feel like smash at all. It's really just kirby gameplay with different abilities. I mean, there's no dodging, shielding, ability to knock people out of the stage nor even launch people further distances, ect... There is things where it can go up to 4 people and items, but other than that, it is no where near smash gameplay imo.
There is shielding and dodging. It's very similar to Smash where can hold your shield and then tap left or right to roll or dodge.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
There is shielding and dodging. It's very similar to Smash where can hold your shield and then tap left or right to roll or dodge.
Adding to that, power shielding and air/spot dodging are in the game as well. It really feels like HAL went out of their way to make the game control as similarly to SSB as possible. That said, it's not super-similar (the game is obviously still floaty 'cause Kirby), but it's enough to get an idea of how SSB 3DS will control. Kinda.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Yeah I've been playing it and really like it. The circle pad works well. It does seem like Smash lite to me.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Yeah, this seems like a basis on what Smash 4 will feel like.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The consensus seens to be that anyone who actually has played it thinks it's similar to Smash haha
Maybe it will give us a taste of what Kirby specifically will be like?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I don't really think so. I've played it, and it doesn't feel like Smash. The only similarities is that they're 3DS Fighters with Kirby in it. They're completely different, gameplay wise.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I haven't played it, but it looks a tad bit... slow for Smash?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I do feel like it was an intentional attempt to grab a bit of what makes Smash works and do it in Kirby. So I do agree it is a taste, much in the same eating a grape gives you a taste for a good wine.

Also, it helps somewhat that the Kirby menu music is the theme from All-Star mode.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I do feel like it was an intentional attempt to grab a bit of what makes Smash works and do it in Kirby. So I do agree it is a taste, much in the same eating a grape gives you a taste for a good wine.

Also, it helps somewhat that the Kirby menu music is the theme from All-Star mode.
And the theme from All-Star mode is the same as the rest areas in Super Star.

It is fairly similar, and it can be pretty fast paced with the right copy ability. But cutter is definitely probably the slowest when it comes to it's standard attack.
Of course it's not nearly as complex, but the basics are still there. It's tons of fun regardless and I personally do believe that it is a taste of what Smash3DS will be like.

Something I do hope that's similar between Kirby Fighters and Smash 3DS (and Wii U for that matter) is the Hazard switch. You could probably play the game competitively if there was enough interest. But I'm sure some abilities would completely decimate others (basically every close combat one vs archer).

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'd say the Cartoon Network SSB clone that came out like 2 years ago would be closer to the mark.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm disappointed Kirby Fighter's doesn't include more powers

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely very similar to Super Smash Bros. and from what I've played of it I've enjoyed. It's nice to get some perspective on how a fighting game modelled loosely on Smash will work on the 3DS.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've played Kirby Fighters a good bit now and it doesn't feel like Smash at all really. The shielding & dodging are not like Smash, MUCH harder to break free from overpowered combos by other Kirbys (more frustrating and unfair rather than challenging), no increasing knockback, and feels like it's missing something.

It's not bad but it ain't no Smash Bros. If you want a taste of a handheld SSB then go pick up Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (THAT has a TON of Smash feel).

zangooseX

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zangoose
it is A LOT like smash, It truly does give you a feel of how it might feel like playing on the 3ds, And judging with kirby fighters i don't like the feel at all, Hopefully ssb 3ds feels better but as of yet i'm only holding off for the Wii U

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Kirby fighters have a shield and dodging but in this mini game only ability. there a perfect guard that protect you and the bar don't depleted by each hit of perfect guard. but some copy ability like Beam and ninja can still grab even guarding like in smash bros. Is you guard for toooo long your shield will break and people just gonna wack you up.
Kirby Triple Deluxe introduce air dodge for the first time in the series. the air dodge act very similar to SSBMelee style dodge, and the side dodge is almost the same like in Smash bros, air dodging and side dodging make you invincible just like in smash bros.
The first stage flower land act like battlefield from smash and another dimension act like final destination. (Sword Kirby only, no Items and another dimension memes jokes?)
Dedede Arena is just simply the boxing ring from smash only with dedede screwing around trowing objects at you instead of a simple boxing with falling lights and dark only.
The time clock bomb is a slower but more annoying version of the smart bomb. There healing items hat can recovery health include the maximum tomato that mysterious can't recover 100% of the health (Just like in smash bros just a 50% in smash and kirby fighters.)
There a blue boxes of Kiirby air ride that you must break to get the item inside, mostly are food inside and weapons,
Weapon act automatically in short period of time, can be trow but is better trowing when the items energy run out for a explosion.
Last but not least the Random star items, This items can only active by hitting it, just like a smash ball. Sometime draws random time ball in the place, foods everywhere or everyone speed up, but is your lucky, A phantom bomb hit you above very fast and powerful, everyone is slow down and can't fly or even jump well except for you with all advantage and the very best, everyone fall to sleep giving you the chance to kill them.

FFfufpt that all I can shared, There retro stage like factory tour from 64 include the original music and many others remixed classic music.
My favorite one are Ninja and My main Beam Kirby.
But the cutter and sword Kirby combo are very annoying.
Parasol and Archer Kirby are pretty Broken 1vs.1 even 4-battle royale, those copy abilitys are nightmare!!!

Morbi

Scavenger
Kirby fighters have a shield and dodging but in this mini game only ability. there a perfect guard that protect you and the bar don't depleted by each hit of perfect guard. but some copy ability like Beam and ninja can still grab even guarding like in smash bros. Is you guard for toooo long your shield will break and people just gonna wack you up.
Kirby Triple Deluxe introduce air dodge for the first time in the series. the air dodge act very similar to SSBMelee style dodge, and the side dodge is almost the same like in Smash bros, air dodging and side dodging make you invincible just like in smash bros.
The first stage flower land act like battlefield from smash and another dimension act like final destination. (Sword Kirby only, no Items and another dimension memes jokes?)
Dedede Arena is just simply the boxing ring from smash only with dedede screwing around trowing objects at you instead of a simple boxing with falling lights and dark only.
The time clock bomb is a slower but more annoying version of the smart bomb. There healing items hat can recovery health include the maximum tomato that mysterious can't recover 100% of the health (Just like in smash bros just a 50% in smash and kirby fighters.)
There a blue boxes of Kiirby air ride that you must break to get the item inside, mostly are food inside and weapons,
Weapon act automatically in short period of time, can be trow but is better trowing when the items energy run out for a explosion.
Last but not least the Random star items, This items can only active by hitting it, just like a smash ball. Sometime draws random time ball in the place, foods everywhere or everyone speed up, but is your lucky, A phantom bomb hit you above very fast and powerful, everyone is slow down and can't fly or even jump well except for you with all advantage and the very best, everyone fall to sleep giving you the chance to kill them.

FFfufpt that all I can shared, There retro stage like factory tour from 64 include the original music and many others remixed classic music.
My favorite one are Ninja and My main Beam Kirby.
But the cutter and sword Kirby combo are very annoying.
Parasol and Archer Kirby are pretty Broken 1vs.1 even 4-battle royale, those copy abilitys are nightmare!!!
You have a main in "Kirby Fighters"? Is it THAT good? It doesn't really seem like the type of game where you get a main in my opinion, but it sounds interesting.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I recently bought the game. The shielding is more of a block. You can't grab like in smash bros but it's there. Dodging is is less effective and it barely gives you any distance compared to smash bros. Fighting feels clunky compared to smash bros. Cpu is ridiculously hard in the hardest difficulty. The items are the most bs things I've ever seen. They are too op especially the stars. There is only 1 attack button in the mini game. Physics feel slow and different. The mini game doesn't feel like smash when it comes to playing it. The ideas seem like smash, but it doesn't play like it. I still find it fun and my main, sword kirby as well as my secondary, fighter kirby.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
You have a main in "Kirby Fighters"? Is it THAT good? It doesn't really seem like the type of game where you get a main in my opinion, but it sounds interesting.
Short But good. Yeah I main Beam and Ninja too. sometime I have problem with the parasol and archer but you can turn items off and hazards off to in training(more like vs. mode). I play a lot and is my favorite mini game of all kirby series I play since Kirby Quest.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That game feels NOTHING like Smash Bros., let alone a fighter.
You're kidding right? Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion copies Super Smash Bros. way, WAY more than any other game. Kirby Fighters is nothing compared to SSB & CNPTE.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Like SSB or not, I've been having a ton of fun with it on very hard. It'd be nice to turn off items though, dang CPUs keep stealing my Pep Brews. :V

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Dodging was one of the only if not the only similarity to ssb, But it's fun even when on ds download. Me and my friend played and I got 4 wins out of 6 with cutter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The only similarity? Come on guys. Platform based fighting, randomly spawning items used the same way, stage hazards, spot-dodging and shield-rolling are all pretty much exactly the same as the way they work in Smash.

I will grant though that the health system is totally different, and the moves aren't set up the same way. (There's charge characters in that thar game.) It's sort of like a mix between Smash and Street Fighter, really. It also is really slow paced. I hope Smash 3DS doesn't feel that way! Hahahaha.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
The only similarity? Come on guys. Platform based fighting, randomly spawning items used the same way, stage hazards, spot-dodging and shield-rolling are all pretty much exactly the same as the way they work in Smash.

I will grant though that the health system is totally different, and the moves aren't set up the same way. (There's charge characters in that thar game.) It's sort of like a mix between Smash and Street Fighter, really. It also is really slow paced. I hope Smash 3DS doesn't feel that way! Hahahaha.
I don't think exactly but I at least think this is how Kirby might be in smash 4 beside the speed, and mabye a item from Kirby Fighters may be in Smash.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Slow? Try very hard. :crazy:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
it is a really bad platform game without functional physics, not a fighter, and it does not play like Smash Bros. at all, it is just meant to resemble it in terms of basic concept

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
it is a really bad platform game without functional physics, not a fighter, and it does not play like Smash Bros. at all, it is just meant to resemble it in terms of basic concept
Without functional physics? My Kirby isn't floating off into outer space. :crazy:
Not a fighter? Then what is it when it's 1v1 and items off, a platformer?

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
I feel like it's similar to Smash, but it's just different enough to really throw you off when you actually play Smash.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Alright: I just purchased the game I can safely say that it is A LOT closer to Smash Bros. than the Cartoon Network game. The physics are probably the best I have ever seen in a Smash Bros. clone, maybe even beating out PlayStation All-Stars. I wish it was possible to jump with analog-up, but that is not too big of a deal. Definitely go for Kirby over the Cartoon Network game if you want a demo of what Smash might be like on the 3DS.

Without functional physics? My Kirby isn't floating off into outer space. :crazy:
Not a fighter? Then what is it when it's 1v1 and items off, a platformer?
I was referring to the Cartoon Network game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom