• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it be physically possible to NOT self-destruct when you hit the A button and give your opponent a free ride back to the stage? I've messed up multiple times with something like that.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
^ What? Don't ever spit them out if that's what you're saying. They may survive and you actually have less of a chance to live than if you just keep them in your mouth.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Lets talk about kirbys hammer. Im thinkning of trying to incorporate that into my tactics and strategys. i figured out it has a hit box behind it at the end of the move on the ground. and it could be used to be like a bowser fsmash to punish someones recovery. what do you think??

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^ What? Don't ever spit them out if that's what you're saying. They may survive and you actually have less of a chance to live than if you just keep them in your mouth.
You mean when swallowciding? It's actually a good idea to spit them out if you're on a stage that has a lip. I do this on Battlefield and on Dreamland, they get trapped under and lip and cannot recover. It's traps them similar to Mewtwo's Battlefield Confusion glitch. I haven't tried it on other stages yet, but it should work on Pokemon Stadium (questionable because sometimes the lip traps you and sometimes it doesn't), Green Greens (fall in the block area and spit them under the central platform), and the rightmost edge of Corneria.

Also, shouldn't this be stickied? http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80258&highlight=frames

Swallowcide Survival Frames.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Never spit them out. Unless they're DK or Bowser, and sometimes they even make it back, everyone else has a pretty decent chance to live if they recover intelligently because you don't spit them very far under the stage, they move up quite a bit from the star, you move down pretty far, even if they don't recover they have a good oppurtunity to take you with them. Just eat them and fly back up from the bottom after they die.

The best is if they break out though because they drop like a rock and you fly up and you get all of your jumps back.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Nope, they can make it. Well, I know Fox can because I've done it. Falco I would think so but I've never actually seen it.

Either way they'll definitely kill you with them on BF because you drop to almost death before you can jump again anyway.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've seen Falco recover from getting knocked under Battlefield even without Star-Shot giving him Jump+Recovery+Upward Boost. And since Fox puts Falco's recovery to shame, he should be able to get up without too much worry.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Now this is General Kirby Discussion, right? Does that mean we can talk about anything Kirby related, or does it have to remain in the confines of SSB?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Seeing as the Kirby boards are never roaring with action... my guess any post is a good post.
:)

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
don't yall love Kirby? he's a good character, just as Sakurai intended. Everyone loves saying Kirby is cheap, because theyre jelous.

Samochan

Smash Master
Double Post.

Everyone look at the new screen shots of Delfino Plaza! www.smashbros.com

Kirby is BIGGER than Fox!! What could this mean?
It means kirby better get aerial movement, not be so superlightweight (Pal version is fine), more range and faster aerials and aerial recovery (not actual recovery, talking about how fast they recover from stun), otherwise he's gonna get juggled to there and back. :/

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby is going to get bigger and bigger until he crushes Fox under his foot. Ha ha ha. Take that Mr. McCloud. *stomp*stomp*

Edit:
By the way, Samochan, I'm envious of your access to PAL smash. Please send me a PAL GCN, TV, and electrical adapters as necessary. Thnx.

Samochan

Smash Master
Edit:
By the way, Samochan, I'm envious of your access to PAL smash. Please send me a PAL GCN, TV, and electrical adapters as necessary. Thnx.
But I don't have any, lol. Dying at 83% from fox's uair doesn't make a big difference though. >.> Since fox still owns kirby's ***. :p I do like Pal version's other nifty changes though.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
I never saw it posted here (or anywhere else) but would shffl'ing nairs be a viable tactic (approaching, combo, breaking-combos, etc)?

The knockback on the nair isn't too great if they're on the ground and the lag is negligible if it's l-cancelled, so it may be useful for a quick move coming down from the air to lead into a combo.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If you are using only nairs, no, because you would be too predictable. Kirby's nair really isn't too good, so I would just throw them in when you need a fast hit. Kirby is a character that wants to push his opponent back, and although the lag on his nair is negligible, so is the knockback on it, making it usually too dangerous to use. The only time I ever use it is for chaining it into a dtilt to set myself up for a combo.

If you want an approaching tactic, maybe try facing away from your opponent and WDing into utilts and bairs. His bair is really useful; large hitbox, good knockback, and it's pretty much a sex kick. Kirby's utilt is his best combo enabler, so that's where I would start.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
the only time i wuld use a nair is if the opponent is rly close to me and i do a full jump and i fall onto him. I wuld never use dair because of the rediculous lag so i use nair instead and it works great wen it hits. short hopped fair works best. F airs or back airs shuld be ur aerials of choice IMO

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
It'd be nice if Kirby were made competitive again. Not going to get my hopes up too much, but it'd still be nice.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
its not to useful but you can kirbicide cancel out of bthrow with the final cutter. thought id add my 2 cents for the smashwiki kirbicide thing.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's right, as long as the opponent dies first Kirby can survive from a B-throw. In theory, at least. I'm going to add it to Smashwiki, if only for completeness sake.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That's right, as long as the opponent dies first Kirby can survive from a B-throw. In theory, at least. I'm going to add it to Smashwiki, if only for completeness sake.
Say, just wondering, how DO you get to Smash Wiki from the boards?

I mean, I have the address saved, but I'm wondering how normal users get there.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i have been having ice climber trouble so lets talk about them. how does one go about not getting grabed

Gea

Smash Master
Actually I have a question. What stages does Kirby avoid and which would you counterpick against a Doc?

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure with doc - I'm no expert myself :D. I'm sure if you post in the stage discussion topic, t!mmy or omni or buttcrust or someone will have something intelligent to say on the matter.

Top Bottom