• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What do you guys talk about in here? How bad Kirby is? Or what?

BunBun

Smash Master
kirbys Ftilt. like i said previous, is like mad epic. its my when in doubt move

but bunbun.. how do i use fair?
It's an amazing utility move. Spacing so just the tip of each kick hits their shield is pretty decent. It's also good for comboing into uair, or shieldstabbing with the 4th foot.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's really CCable is the problem.

For those of you who dont know you can actually CC hits during hitstun if you're standing on the ground so if Kirby approaches with Fair, even if the opponent isnt CCing the first 2 hits are weak enough for them to CC during it.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
It's really CCable is the problem.

For those of you who dont know you can actually CC hits during hitstun if you're standing on the ground so if Kirby approaches with Fair, even if the opponent isnt CCing the first 2 hits are weak enough for them to CC during it.
You can get around CCing pretty well by full jump fast falling fair so that only the third hit connects. Or you can just inhale them if they CC. :bee:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Between the third hit being strong and the fourth landing hit adding stun, you should be able to shield before they can retaliate. Besides, past 70% even Samus/Bowser/DK can't CC the third hit.

I did some testing. It appears the third hit of fair is a better anti-CCing move than bair. I'm not 100% sure, since it's kind of tough to sweetspot bair every time, but I believe 3rd hit fair breaks CCs slightly earlier than strong bair.

3rd hit fair breaks CC -
At 56% on Fox. If move is staled, it may not break CC until as high as 60%.
At 69% on Samus. With staling, as high as 73%.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
non Ys FoDs. As kirby I would say DL64 and FD. But if your saying advantage as in kirby winning maybe kongo on suck camping on the rock.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
vs marth? you NEED space and PS you die to early on maybe ridebow ride of your hella good there.

also platforms overall don't help kirby as much as they hurt him.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
FD, Kirby gets dash danced camped and struggles more for the kill. Rainbow Cruise is better.

Also, Idk why I'm subscribed to this thread.... silly Bunbun >.<

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you can go straight from shielding into up B, wouldn't shield into final cutter actually be good? Cutter is hard to counter from infront and, while the main attack will likely miss, the projectile should be difficult to deal with after a failed attack. Am I missing something or is this actually a good use for cutter?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It has start up lag. As you said, the initial part of the move being hard to land with, so yeah. And the projectile part is one of the easiest... things in the game to avoid and punish (he's going shoot something apon landing and has lag from doing so, let's **** him).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Nah, they can jump -> double jump. Shield/roll/spotdodge both parts. Just hit Kirby when he's doing it... :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
FD has no plats so Kirby cannot be platform camped.

It's not pro-Kirby but I don't think it's particularly anti-Kirby. You can be DD camped on Battlefield, DL64, PS all the same.

BunBun

Smash Master
FD lets you stay crouched with less options for your opponent.

The only characters I'd really consider taking there are Samus and Peach.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Kirby can't out falcon a falcon in falcon dittos(kirby sucks up falcon) it isn't he who wins that wins it's who out sexies the other falcon wins i've won by moonwalk into falcon into SD on my last stock.

BunBun

Smash Master
Honestly, I live on the West Coast where every falcon edge cancels everything forever(hell even I do it) so the less edges the better lol.
That's what I mean by it takes out some of their recovery mixup. It's nice, but I don't think it's nice enough to counteract the lack of techable surfaces on a different height than the main stage.

Top Bottom