• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Dodger

Smash Ace
Man, it's been a while. I've got to test out that aerial hammer thing you were talking about a few months ago. That sounds kind of cool. :-)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So I should play more Melee.
Someone MM me.

Edit:
I'm gone for a while and this place looks dead.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol.

It's funny. I told people this seeing as I've actually learned kirby matchups, but people just go with what they know. Which is that random 13 year old kid who tried kirby and gets destroyed.

Welcome to the smash community.

btw

GET THIS WACK *** THREAD OUTTA MY FACE

*punts to general discussion*

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No joke, Kirby/Falco is hilarious for Kirby. They take the most broken projectile in the game and then give him the ability to fire it twice in one short hop. I have entire groups of Falco players who just wont play me anymore because of how gay that is.

unknown522

Some guy
No joke, Kirby/Falco is hilarious for Kirby. They take the most broken projectile in the game and then give him the ability to fire it twice in one short hop. I have entire groups of Falco players who just wont play me anymore because of how gay that is.
I'll do that matchup.....

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol.

It's funny. I told people this seeing as I've actually learned kirby matchups, but people just go with what they know. Which is that random 13 year old kid who tried kirby and gets destroyed.

Welcome to the smash community.

btw

GET THIS WACK *** THREAD OUTTA MY FACE

*punts to general discussion*
lol Dogy

You don't play people -___-;;

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace

Nice to see that people still care about Kirby. I remember the days when this board was more active. I wish I came before the end of the SSBM era. Ah well

Kirby loves lovely lasers, I take it?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So, I played Melee last weekend and... is it just me, or does no one know how to play this game anymore? There's no way I should have been doing that well with Kirby (I think I Kirbycided someone three times in one match).

Dodger

Smash Ace
not really though
hes pretty bad
but not as bad as you think
I dunno, I've always thought Kirby mains had a fairly realistic grasp of Kirby's capabilities. With a slight tendency for fatalism, of course :-)

Nashun

Smash Ace
Timmy and I discussed that a while back. We couldn't figure out a way to space it right so that it sweetspot. Have you?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, i remember trying to do this after someone misses a tech. You can space it correctly with a pivot hammer after the jab, but I'm pretty sure they have enough time to stand up and shield before you can sweetspot the hammer.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Just an idea but what about jab reset to
suck(known)
down-smash charged
upair you have to admit that upair is hard to set-up and that may be the best case also I don't think the hammer will even be possible because by the time of killing percents I don't think you could really jab reset or should even be able to. Just some ideas

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I semi-charge u-smash usually on jab resets. I don't know if it's good but if they DI bad I can get a Fair or maybe a combo so idk. Other times I try to FJ Dair and get the weird dizzy stun thing like in Puff's Dair Rest and combo into F-smash or U-tilt or something.

Top Bottom