• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby MU

wesele18

Smash Rookie
I actually have not seen a thread for the kirby matchup so here is my opinions on the matchup,
I think the matchup is 50/50 because kirby can easily crouch under sheiks needles and comboes shiek really hard if he gets one grab.
good things for shiek
1. although kirby can crouch needles the are a good tool especially when kirby is offstage because his airspeed is so slow
2. shiek outspaces kirby
3. it is easy to avoid getting grabbed with shiek which seems to start a lot of kirbys combo game much like luigi
kirbys advantages
1. kirby can crouch needles and get them if he sucks up shiek
2. kirby can combo shiek really hard
3. kirbys smash attacks can kill shiek at insane percents and dair leads into them

notes,
if you condition kirby to crouch needles you can surprise them with rising needles into BF to kill at 100+ due to his weight.
seems like we should really avoid dair and grab in this mu which are both easy to see coming. also shiek outspeeds kirby in all areas so use this to your advantage.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Landing fair, edgeguarding, camping him out (he can't really do anything if you just stay on smashville platform) will win you the mu easy. Beware of getting dtilt tripped > grab > 309298% combo tho. You can DI fthrow to stay on ground and shield on very low percents.

His recovery's slow/****e and he can't do anything if you camp him out. Its easily in Sheik's favour but I can see why people struggle with it sometimes.. it's an unusual matchup to say the least.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
There is already a kirby MU discussion here: https://smashboards.com/threads/sheiks-matchup-discussion-thread-kirby.424791/
Please make sure to check the pinned threads before creating a new one. The kirby MU discussion was in the Sheik MU Database thread.

If you'd like to discuss the kirby MU more feel free to post in there.
Gonna override the usual protocol here and let the thread stay, since SB activity is so infrequent atm. Plus the original thread was nearly a year ago, wouldn't hurt to update it.

Top Bottom