• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby or Jigglypuff?

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I know people on this board will favor Jigglypuff, but it's so dead that that shouldn't matter too much. I am considering are Kirby and Jigglypuff. I've played Kirby a bit and I like him, but I recently tried Jigglypuff and I like him, too. I found it easier to WoP with Jigg than with Kirby. I also play Zelda, Falcon, Olimar, and Marth and I wanted to know which one of them would work better to compliment them.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
Jiggs can just wall of pain better than kirby, in fact he is better all around.
But kirby is probably all around better on the ground.
I suggest using both and practicing with each.
.....Jiggs first.

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I like Kirby's b attacks a lot and I'm not so good at timing rest so that's why I've been playing Kirby recently, but I like Jiggs in the air a lot. Any suggestions for timing rest?

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Practice with whoever you have a natural flow with. I can play with various characters, but I can't use most of the top tier people...Just choose who you feel comfortable with right off the bat and go with that.

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
Practice with whoever you have a natural flow with. I can play with various characters, but I can't use most of the top tier people...Just choose who you feel comfortable with right off the bat and go with that.
The thing is, I've already played them each a fair bit, Kirby much more, and I like them both. Kirby feels more natural just because I've played him so much more.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
The BETTER character is Kirby, so I would say go with Kirby. If you're playing for "fun" then pick whoever seems more fun to you. I don't see how losing is ever fun though.

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
kirby is too good. just spam up-b and f-smash to win!
Sounds like a plan! I'll be stupid and get freshman to follow me like sheep and I'll have an army of Kirby up-b and f-smashers MWAHAHA!

In all seriously for a while there I thought I could use the up b projectile on Final Destination for spacing to make them approach...it worked alright...until I played a Samus or Yoshi or Space Animal.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'll have to check the match up thread and see if Jigglypuff has any advantages Kirby doesn't and vise versa.
I've played many hours as Jiggs. She's not worth playing competitively IMO. I think she's fun to just juggle noobs across the stage, but that's about it. She's fun in friendlies too. Kirby seems to have A LOT more power and more advantages moves. The drill spike is awesome for kirby. Remember, just my oppinion.

Nayborish

Smash Rookie
Jiggs, because she has hats : D
I'd say thats the main factor in my choice.

No actually, rollout pretty much owns kirby's 'B.'

Kirby's 'B' seem to only be useful if you can get someone really good with it, like captain falcon, fox, or, of course, jigglypuff.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'd say thats the main factor in my choice.

No actually, rollout pretty much owns kirby's 'B.'

Kirby's 'B' seem to only be useful if you can get someone really good with it, like captain falcon, fox, or, of course, jigglypuff.
kirbycides

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Er... I know, you said you know that people will favour jigglypuff on this board, but I think that you should post this in the General Brawl Discussion.

Anyways, kirby is definitely better.

Roller

Smash Legend
Post this in general if you want nonbiased or mixed answers. I think kirby may have an edge, but I LOVE the pokemon in this game so I personally want to get good with jiggs.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
A good jiggs player has a big advantage against a good kirby player.
As soon as the kirby player decides to leave the ground, it's pain city.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I've played many hours as Jiggs. She's not worth playing competitively IMO. I think she's fun to just juggle noobs across the stage, but that's about it. She's fun in friendlies too. Kirby seems to have A LOT more power and more advantages moves. The drill spike is awesome for kirby. Remember, just my oppinion.
Haha you can make any character competitive tournament-wise. Remember Gimpyfish's Bowser in Melee? Holy crap, mind games galore!

But yeah, Jiggs may not be up there in the tier list, however she isn't totally unusable! :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kirby tends to fight better than Jigglypuff, but at least Jigglypuff can still aerial juggle. Still, Kirby seems to have the advantage now.

Also, even though Jigglypuff gets hats, Kirby can too if he swallows someone.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Haha you can make any character competitive tournament-wise. Remember Gimpyfish's Bowser in Melee? Holy crap, mind games galore!

But yeah, Jiggs may not be up there in the tier list, however she isn't totally unusable! :)
Thats because Melee had mind games lol...I didn't say she was unusable. Shes decent, just not good enough to win a tournament.

Top Bottom