• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby: Right Back At Ya! A Guide for Copycats.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Intro
Ok so I'm not too shabby a Kirby player, and I've noticed that alot of the time, people do not use his primary characteristic - yes, the inhale ability. Now I've been using Kirby since SSB64, and although Brawl has only been out like what 7 months? I've complied a somewhat logical mindset to applying the idea of fighting fire with fire, in this case Bneutral with Bneutral. So no suprise, this guide is going to specifically on how to use Kirby's Copycat.

"Tiers"
Ill start with the copycat abilities on three tiers so to say, and why they are so. Most of all i would like you to see something interesing; characters who Kirby seems to have trouble with, are the best candidates for copycat, coincidence? I THINK NOT! Note: all tier levels are based on usefulness against the character who the ability is copied from. Note2: There are some characters that i have not been able to form a complete opinion for so if you would like to critic or add some info feel free to say something.

* = Able to air-spam: Use B, Jump, use B, jump, Use B, this tactic is just good for mind games.
(>'.')> = swallow is more of an advantage than characters B move, used for swallowciding, mindgames, priority, etc
x - y = (copied B) - (neutral B)

Good

Zero Suit Samus - [8-2] - Most people do not think of Zamus when refering to great B abilities, but that's because they have few chances to use the ability with Kirby. When Facing Zamus, getting ahold of her Stun-gun, it is an enormous advantage. It is best to use at somewhat close range in order to knock out a KO fmash/upsmash. Main point: Use at high damage, for KOs, or Low damage to knock out damage with tilts.*

Meta Knight - [8-2] If you have ever played a good Meta Knight with Kirby, you know that your in trouble. But do not fret, there is a saviour among certain death, that's right copying his ability. (As just a side note, when fighting Meta, make sure to be wary of his up-b when off stage, this can be deadly for kirby) But why is it good? When you copy meta's ability you take away many things from meta that are vital to his victory: Aerial-edgegame, his deadly approaches, and his ability to get away from kirby. No how do you use it? When knocked off stage, it is best to use meta's b to recover instead of your usual tactics (that is unless meta has given up going afer you off stage, then just float calmly back to safety.) In order to use it correctly, you must rapidly press B, the mosre you press b the long the tornado will last, and the more altittude it will gain, you may want to practice this before using it in battle. The best thing to learn to using the tornado is to figure out what works best for you. For example, yet another thing the tornado can do is an attack & retreat tactic by pressing the b button paced out about 3 or 4 times you keep low to the ground, approach with with the first few pushes, then retreat with what you have left. Main point: Copying Metaknight's ability can be key to winning, but remember to not rely on a single attack to bring you a victory.

Snake - [7-3] - Now i know many Kirby players run into problems facing snake, mainly because of his long range, well getting grenades can be a match made in heaven for the would-be star warrior. When facing snake, the best thing is to always make sure you use the kirbycombos with grabs and aerials and what not. But at some point, you should try to get ahold of his ability, it can cancel out the range problem that is all too apparent with snake, and even more importantly, put pressure on the Snake player to keep moving, which leaves him little time to set up elaborate traps and camping with that lovely missle called the Nikita. Things kirby players might not know about grenades: after about 3 second they explode, you can press the shield button to drop a grendade (when rolling, the grenade will drop, and you will roll away), and if you hold back on the control stick when throwing a grenade it will have an upwards tragectory. Main point: There is alot to beating snake besides grenades, but they sure do help.

Donkey Kong - [5-5] - Donkey Kong can already be easily overcome with the kirbycombos, but his clapping can be deadly, so solution? Fight power with power. Stealing DK's punch is not totally needed for victory, but it makes a great addition for Kirby's arsenal. Main point: Its is optional but very helpful to steal DK's power, and it can make a great KO substitute, or even be a pressure move, who wants to get a faceful of brown kirby fist? (>'.')>

Ike - [4-6] - If you've fought ike, you know his B can be a killer. But with kirby its just plain scary to have that same abiltiy and a seemingly endless amount of jump. This is pretty simple because once agian, the b move is not needed for a victory, but makes it much easier. The best places are to incorporate Ikes B are after an Up throw, whilst edge guarding (counters the aether surpemely if used correctly), and basically any chance you get while in the air, Kirby already has a drastic advantage over Ike's air game. Main point: If you wanna look like a playa' steal Ike's power, this is another one where you should find what works best, i just gave you some examples. (>'.')>

DDD - [10-0] Now this power is almost redundant, but it's totally not. DDD's power has better range (yet Kirby stays the same size lol), it does more damage than swallow, and if you swallow an opponent and still ended up with a swallow (that is overall better) why wouldn't you take it? Well the only reason i can think of is the Kirbycide issue, i have forgotten if kirby get's DDD's same knock back when attempting to Swallowcide, but even so, you should never attempt to swallowcide DDD because his massive B Up + floating ability will usually keep him alive. Now DDD is a pretty hard match up for kirby because he is big and can not be caugh tin Kirbycombos as easily but once again the copycat ability will strongly help you to victory if you use it right. Just use it as you would Kirby's, keeping in mind that you have an increased range. Main Point: Swallow -> Bigger Swallow = Good, as far as facing DDD goes.

ROB - [6-4] - Ah ROB... Well you get a laser that is pretty fun to use lol. I my self have not had enough chances to master it with kirby, but i do know that it is great to stop ROB's Aerial-Edgegame. Remeber to use it most when the light atop of Kirby's head is blinking. I really don't have much else to say besides it's good :). Main point: Useful for counter edgeguarding, and closing the range gap that ROB has over Kirby.

Pokemon Trainer - S[4-6] - I[7-3] - C[5-5]- ALL of these abilites are awsome for Kirby. Squirtle - Just fun use, use it for countering recoveries, except for Ivysaur, you might want to dair, or stone him. Ivysaur - Use it to rack up damage, most useful after you get opponent into air (i.e. throws, u titl, etc.) Charizards - Use charizard's ability for racking up damage or edgegaurding, no one can grab a burning ledge. It is possible to control the flame by moving the control stick up and down will move the flame's flow respectively. Once again it is harder to do this on Ivysaur. Main Point: Be smart with these can they can make playing pokemon trainer less hectic. (>'.')> (except ivysuar lol)

Pit -[7-3] - When stealing Pit's power, Kirby's height give them the advantage, a straight fired arrow from pit will not hit Kirby, while one fired some Kirby will nail him in the waist/thigh area, what a low blow. The arrow is also great for keeping Pit out of the sky, and preventing approaches. Main Point: Good counter against spammy pits, great for keeping Pit stunned, and obstructing Pit's recovery. *

Wario - [9-1] - It is a good idea to steal Wario's ability because a good Wario will know how to counter the swallows best ability as a swallow - swallowcides. With Wario's Bite you gain his very annoying ability to bite straight through shields and use against him, this can be very effective and should not be taken lightly. Main Point: This ability is great for getting past Wario's Shield, but watch out the same thing can happen to you.

Bowser - [5-5] - See pokemon Trainer Charizard. Same idea, except it works even better for racking up damage and edge guarding. (>'.')>

Toon Link/Link - T[6-4] - L[5-5] - Personally, I love using these abilites, and they are in no way bad, they do offer a HUGE advantage against Link's who are constantly throwing projectiles, and make playing them much more fun and pleasant. They are most useful when used after attacks wiht alot of lag such as the Links' dair's and smashes in general. Main points: Fun to use, great for cutting down distance, and good for edge guarding. *
[Note: (>'.')> for regular Link]

Not Good, But Not Bad

Falco - [5-5] - In the words of DeltaZ,"Falco's is actually worth grabbing for the SHDL (short hop double laser) and the laser lock, which is better than Falco's." In addition, it does have a knockback unlike fox's, and speed unlike wolf's. However, with vulnerablity to swallowciding, and his trusty reflector be his side, you might find Falco better handled with the swallow ability. Main Point: As far as usefulness goes, Falco's ability is not a major advantage, but it does not make Kirby any worse.

Jigglypuff - [4-6] - This is an ability that is drastically less useful to Kirby than Jiggly, mainly because he really doesn't need it. It is a good idea, however, to cancel Jiggly's power with a swallow, you choose to use this power or not. I myself have played a few Jiggly's and have never found it to be very helpful in KOing, mainly because i suspet it to be a little weaker than Jiggly's and furthermore, the ole fashioned Fsmash will do the job fine when facing Jiggs. Main Point: Im not gonna say to not use it just because i haven't found out how to use it yet, i mean it is great for rcovery afterall lol. (>'.')>

Fox - [3-7] - Stealing Fox's ability offers little advantage to Kirby, this is because spamming it will get you nowhere with his refelctor. it is much better to grab or tilt combo him, which is very effective. Main Point: If you do copy cat fox players the best use of his ability is mind games, and to maybe rack up a lil damage when he is recovering.* (>'.')>

Wolf - [3-7] - Wolf's power is ok, its much better than Fox/Falco's for counter-recovery reasons, but it still lacks one thing, height, because of Kirby's short stature, it is harder for him to stop Wolf's Short hops than visa-versa. Main Point: This power is very good, but not quite worthy of the "good tier." Use it for counter recoveries and to cut down the range distance. * (>'.')>

Mario/Luigi - M[3-7] - L[4-6] - While the big difference between the two fireballs is their tragectory, they are not much more useful in the hands of kirby than the originals, except for the fact that they can be air spammed, Luigi's being much better for that purpose because his fly straight. Main point: You might want to stick with swallow for mario, but you might want to take luigi's for air spam.* (>'.')>

Sonic - [6-4] - Sonic's own ability can reek havoc on your opponent, but it is not in the "Good tier" because in order to do so you must spam it like a jack@#!. For those of you that are still interested the spam strategy for this move that i have come across is as follows: B -> Down B, repeat. Besides this characteristic, Sonic's ability can help Kirby's already pwntastic recovery. There is also a tactic that Kirby can steal from sonic, and spam B as a ledge guard, sometimes killing your opponent. Main Point: Its good for spamming, and great for recovering.

Zelda/Sheik - Z[5-5] - S[3-7] - Zelda's is VERY good for getting her after rolling, and sheik's can be used mainly just to counter the needle storm itself. Here's the breakdown, Zelda and Sheik come as one character, and although zss and samus are somewhat the same, a switch between these two can be reversed. Zelda's ability will work fine on either character (i.e. relector for sheik, rolls for Zelda), but sheik's is more useful on Sheik. Main Point: Swallow might be prefered here due to the fact that Kirby has a very good existing advantage over either. * (>'.')>

Samus -[4-6] - Not so great, but not so bad, the best thing here is that "[it gives]Kirby [a] very good [projectile]", so basically the pwning power of the power shot for mindgames and pressure. If your the type of person who gets jollies out of a gun, then go for it. Main Point: It is good for edgeguarding, pressure, and stopping approaches.*(>'.')>
~Quoted from DeltaZ

Lucario - [4-6] - See samus. An advantage this has unlike Samus is the fact that you can charge it mid air. Main Point: Use it to counter spam and running away, its decent but not all that.* (>'.')>

Pikachu - [8-2] - This is another B that is not in "good tier" because of its spammy nature. Overall, the main use of this move is for DIing towards the stage with cover, but most of all countering spammy Pikachus'. In the case of Pika w/thunderbolt VS Kirby w/thunderbolt, Kirby is much better because he is able to air spam, and dodge Pika's while still shooting the much more damaging spark than the product that goes across the ground. Main Point: Useful incountering Pikachu's own thunderbolt, and covering yourself.*

Diddy - [3-7] - Now Diddy's B move is generally bad. It is useful for mindgames if you "l-cancel" it (lol). But the reason I'm not gonna say not to use it is because of its strage recovery value. If you charge the gun and shoot it away from the stage (tap the control stick opposite direction of the stage, then quickly press B) you will be sent towards the stage because of knockback, which is a little useful, and just plain fun. Main Point: If your gonna press b, make sure your either not going to pull the trigger, or your aimed away from the stage. (>'.')>

Just dont do it...

Captain Falcon/Gannon - [2-8] - While this move is endlessly fun, if you are playing serious matches it is best to stick with swallow. Kirby's punch is much less useful in the air than CF's, it has much shorter range, and it is undoubtly weaker. But there is a brightside, it is a tad faster lol. With Gannon, the case is even worse, it is VERY slow, and STILL weaker. Main Point: If your playing seriously, just dont do it. Besides, swallocides will work on Gannon and CF for the most part. (>'.')>

Game & Watch - [3-7] - The power itself is pretty useless for Kirby.Seriously, it's pretty bad. Its only good point is as a spammy ledge guard, which kirby can do a better job of with aerials, up b, and stoneing. Main Point: From what i've seen, just stick with swallow. (>'.')>

Ice Climbers - [3-7] Yeah....2 mr.freezy projectiles VS. 1. They win. Its not very useful, and swallowciding can be risky for two targets. Main point: Play a straight up game, Kirby already has an advantage. (No im not being biased about how much the Icy's suck, I know they can be played good, im simply saying the power is totally not for Kirby.) :) (>'.')>

Lucas/Ness - [4-6] - The strategies for these are very situational, and there is only one thing i have found for Ness'. It is pretty hard to do, but becuase of Kirby's short height, if you use Ness' power and just tap the B button as Ness rolls into you, he will bit hit by a little speck of the flash. Main Point: These are on the bottom because you should not use them unless you have true strategies for them. Besides that, they are great for edge guarding, but i think Kirby himself is better. (>'.')>

Marth - [1-9] - The sword is so short that if you miss Marth can still hit you with his lol. The best characteristic of this attack is that you can recover with it if you fully charge, and release it. Main Point: one of the few attacks that Kirby's size actually hurts him, it is decent for recoveris though. (>'.')>

Olimar - [2-8] - Just dont do it. A decent olimar player can get around this spammy attack and make you pay for it big time. Its only bonus is that when facing Olimar himself, it may help you edge guard, or create distance from his long range smashes. Main Point: If you're gonna use it make sure you be extremely careful. (>'.')>

Peach - [1-9] Although the counter works great for peach, the case is simply not so with Kirby, its lag can leave kirby wide open for punishment. Main Point: Stick with swallow. (>'.')>

Yoshi - [1-9] - Main point: Tiny tonuge = tiny reach = big time punishment. Stick with swallow, play straight up, Kirby should have an easy time winning. (>'.')>

Outro
I hope this helps you expand Kirby as a player, i mean thats why i made it. I would post some vids on how this all works to be more helpful, but i simply dont have that equipment lol. So if you have any questions, just drop a post and I'll try to get back to you.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
nice man even thought i only use inhale like 2 out of 100 matches, this is still helpful =P for ppl who use b alot

Neb

Smash Lord
Nice guide, it could use some color, but yeah, anyway, I was wondering why no one really took advantage of this ability. And about G&W, Chef is really useful if you use it correctly, lol, but its useless to Kirby mains since Game can bucket Kirby's foods for an Oil Panic KO.

-Warpstar Warrior

Smash Rookie
Riding on my Warpstar. Real Location: In Dreamland
The Ice Climber's and Game and Watch's power is great for using when the character is knocked off, use it at the right timing when the Ice Climbers are about to belay back onto the stage, use the Ice Shot and Nana will flash and Popo would fall, but then again, they can Belay again, keep doing it until they get up, then Smash them into the abyss...sky or way off to the side.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Nice guide! I like the fact that you're actually seperating them by usefulness instead of making it one giant muddle of copy abilities.

But I do think you should reconsider some based on having the ability to kirbicide. For example, bowser, dk, and ESPECIALLY Ike might have what seem to be good copy abilities, but there's no way I would sacrifice being able to undercide them for their abilities. Especially ike since it's so hard to hit >>(and for ike, undercide or even just spitting them out at a downward diagonal angle IS death.

So just make sure you consider what you're loosing when taking a cap as well =\

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
See NEB You thought ahead, i was totally thinking about the bucket thing when i said it was useless =p.
Yeah dragon, thats why i said they are like not needed to win. I totally understand what your saying, but they are really good/fun to use :3

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's ability is actually pretty good. Lucario and Samus need to be moved up to "Good", mostly because they give Kirby very good projectiles, Lucario moreso 'cause Aura Sphere has good knockback and can kill at mid-high percents. Separate Zelda and Sheik's abilities, and also separate Fox and Falco's; Falco's is actually worth grabbing for the SHDL (short hop double laser) and the laser lock, which is better than Falco's.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Olimar's ability is actually pretty good. Lucario and Samus need to be moved up to "Good", mostly because they give Kirby very good projectiles, Lucario moreso 'cause Aura Sphere has good knockback and can kill at mid-high percents. Separate Zelda and Sheik's abilities, and also separate Fox and Falco's; Falco's is actually worth grabbing for the SHDL (short hop double laser) and the laser lock, which is better than Falco's.
Lol lots of points you made. I put Lucario and samus there because whenenever i manage to get their abilities, it ends up distracting me from my normal tactics which generally work better, but i guess everyone plays Kirby differently. Ill see what i can do.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I always debate whether or not to take Lucario's special. If he is just being campy with it then I wouldn't hesitate, but his lackluster recovery could be abused with Kirbycides/Starspikes.

Might also want to mention in MK's tornado not to use it against his tornado, as Kirby's version lacks priority over MK's.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I think we should also look at the usefulness of just the neutral B, it can b used to protect the edge ur getting back on and its superarmor can save u big somtimes

perhaps we should describe the positive effect of the copy versus the neutral inhale by

the classic 5:5 if its even and well u get the idea

Trexxen

Smash Cadet
Just as a note, I think Falcon Punch should at least be moved to "mid-tier". Not because it's awesome, although that's certainly a factor (lol), but because of the recovery options it gives Kirby. If you use it before a midair jump it nearly doubles the jump height, and by the time you can jump again you're still above your normal peak. Ganondorf's should stay where it is, though, because it takes too long to do this.

Not to mention that reverse paunches can come out of NOWHERE =P

~Trexxen

chingy

Smash Apprentice
Just as a note, I think Falcon Punch should at least be moved to "mid-tier". Not because it's awesome, although that's certainly a factor (lol), but because of the recovery options it gives Kirby. If you use it before a midair jump it nearly doubles the jump height, and by the time you can jump again you're still above your normal peak. Ganondorf's should stay where it is, though, because it takes too long to do this.

~Trexxen
yeah thats true cuz it helps you recover way better but still copy ability's aren't about recoveries but i think it should be moved mid tier also ganondorfs sucks balls so it doesnt matter =/

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
:p

~Trexxen
Hammer is like 10 times better for recovery, don thtink i didn't think about its recovery whe typing this tho lol

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
I think we should also look at the usefulness of just the neutral B, it can b used to protect the edge ur getting back on and its superarmor can save u big somtimes

perhaps we should describe the positive effect of the copy versus the neutral inhale by

the classic 5:5 if its even and well u get the idea
Ill attempt to do that right now, tell me how i do lol. How do you like it?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
This is just me but ROB is prob 3:7

and Falco? can someone say campy Kirby with triple laser??? 8:2

DDD 10:0 its the same thing except better

MK we can b knocked out of our Neutral B tornado unlike MK so i would say 6:4 instead

I'm def cool with the others though, oh Marth's def one to consider due to its shield break capabilities 6:4 i would say?

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Robs own lazor pwns him.
Falco looses advantage because of reflector.
I agree with DDD.
Tornado makes beating MK almost indefinate, instead of questionable.
Marth is 1-9 because if you miss with it, or even hit their shield you get a big az fsmash in the face.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
The main problem i have is actually getting the ability, ive found that the best chance is when they are recovering from the ledge with a ledge recovery like when they grab it and pus a, Short hop and attempt to swallow, that way if they jump, they stillget swallowed. Anyone think that is a good and only chance to get it?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
The main problem i have is actually getting the ability, ive found that the best chance is when they are recovering from the ledge with a ledge recovery like when they grab it and pus a, Short hop and attempt to swallow, that way if they jump, they stillget swallowed. Anyone think that is a good and only chance to get it?
Not sure if u knew this but u can combo into Neutral B

when ur opponent has 0 damage, forward throw, upair, (if ur opponent is DI'ing up jump neutral B, (if no DI just use neutral B w/out the jump, works every time

if the opponent is heavier like wolf or falco, the second works guaranteed

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Thanks gonzo, ill try to incorporate that! It sounds like a great addition to Kirby's grab combos.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
oops watch with the double postin =/ well if i get anymore dirt on other characters like disadvanteges ill post again =P imma be lurkin other character boards for now

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
When u said Deflector cancels the Falco hat, u should use the laser more for gimping Falco's recovery. One lazer is all it takes and with Kirby's short height he can easily hit Falco at the right time to mess up his Forward B recovery

Grifflame

Smash Cadet
I believe you are severely underestimating Marth's ability. Although the points you make are valid, you neglect the fact that it helps Kirby's recovery like a couple other powers. In addition, anyone that knows the true power of the shield breaker will be pressured into not shielding as much. A fully charged shield will be reduced to minuscule proportions with one hit from that move.

Overall this was really informative and helpful. Thanks for the effort.

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
I agree with my buddy Grifflame. I also believe you are underestimating the power of Shield Breaker. Shield Breaker is an amazing move for more than a few reasons. First off, it can spell the end of a match. You catch your opponent off guard once, break his guard, and KO him, and he'll forever be in the disadvantageous position of trying to catch up (assuming you're not doing horribly). It punishes your foes for playing too defensively and forces them to adapt different methods of avoiding your techniques. And also, it really scares the crap out of them when they realized they nearly paid oh-so-dearly for being careless and nearly got shattered because of it. This means that you can force your opponent to play the way YOU want rather than the way (s)he wants.

Granted, you have to use this ability in a different manner than Marth does, because Kirby is a different character. But the ability to punish opponents for getting into habits, reverse your fortunes, and scare your opponent into not guarding for 10-15 seconds is unbelievably powerful.

That said, I think this guide is pretty well-written. Good job.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
I say that Marth's is bad because one, the swallowcide is better against him, and two, as i stated before, marth has a total advantage with his own B

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153517

Already a thread for this

Btw you have it all wrong. Kirby's Falcon punch is better than C. Falcon's. Kirby gets a boost upwards when he's using it, making for some serious mindgames.

And Olimar's is must have when fight him. It is very hard to swallow him because he can seriously outrange your inhale, but if you can inhale him I would go for the power because Olimar is light and the only way you'll be able to swallowcide him effectivly and you live, is if he is far inwards or far outwards from the stage which is sometimes hard to do. Go for his Pikmin Pluck. It's better than Olimar's. Kirby's pikmin have more priority than Olimar's, so you can just cancel out all his pikmin attacks, while outranging him at the same time.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153517

Already a thread for this

Btw you have it all wrong. Kirby's Falcon punch is better than C. Falcon's. Kirby gets a boost upwards when he's using it, making for some serious mindgames.

And Olimar's is must have when fight him. It is very hard to swallow him because he can seriously outrange your inhale, but if you can inhale him I would go for the power because Olimar is light and the only way you'll be able to swallowcide him effectivly and you live, is if he is far inwards or far outwards from the stage which is sometimes hard to do. Go for his Pikmin Pluck. It's better than Olimar's. Kirby's pikmin have more priority than Olimar's, so you can just cancel out all his pikmin attacks, while outranging him at the same time.
0_o maraphy is right btw maraphy went all out XD

BlackBrawler

Smash Rookie
I dont think that swallowing Ike's is suck a good idea mainly because of how much it leaves you open. When your facing Ike leaving yourself open is the4 worst thing to do bcuz Ike only needs to hit kirby like once to kill him. Not only that Ike's B move hardly ever hits anyone.

pnoid

Smash Cadet
i love in four player free for alls to make a point to use each other persons ability at least once

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Great list.

I don't quite agree with things said about Ike/Donkey Kong, Meta, Samus/Lucario and Olimar.

Ike and Donkey Kongs B's give Kirby SUPER ARMOR!!
Ike is "easy" to kill enough without the swallow, so why not use that Eruption as a counterattack move.
Same with DK (though harder to kill). The super armor Kong punch (only when fully charged I think) is another good example of this. These should be moved up a little

Meta's Tornado can be overtaken if Kirby's tornado is coming from below. In fact, meta's tornado can be broken from a f-smash below (hitting the bottom of the tornado). Other than that... yeah meta still has an advantage over it.

As for the charge shots, I find them more useful as combos/mind games. One of my favs, is to use those fully charged shots almost point blank while battling the enemy in the air while off the stage.

Kirby can't use Olimar's in the air. So in a Olimar vs Kirby-Olimar. The other Olimar just needs to short hop throw to avoid Kirby's pikimin and still hit Kirby with his own pikimen. 0:10 for me.

I do main Kirby and I do use his B a lot against opponents. (Especially Kirbicide 2.0 aka eat them shoot them under the stage where they can't recover, then up+b spike). Taking powers can be like almost switching characters in mid match. Kill an opponent once the normal way, then take his power to keep him guessing, then discard again.
Also keep in mind different combos you can do with the hats (maybe not 100% guarantee ones, but ones that the opponent wouldn't know how to react to)

Again Great Job!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Great thread ^^ I personally use Falcon Punch. CF will be expecting you to use it, so you can pwn him big time >_< Also, if your timing is good, you can gimp his recovery with a nasty Kirby Punch. Lugi's fireball is pretty good too, mostly to stop his fireball spam.

Top Bottom