• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Super Star Ultra *EU realese date added*

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
A remake of a previous game of the Kirby series was quite sucessful *cough* Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland *cough*, this will definatly live to expectations. Plus...

Epic.
Best part of the commercial. :estatic:
But now I'm disappointed that :dedede: is now not playable.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Yay, Kirby Super Star Ultra got a great score on Nintendo Power. IGN must have a reason of giving such a score like that for this game. Maybe they don't like Remakes. D:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, I just got done completing Kirby Super Star SNES so I can compare it with Kirby Super Star Ultra. Some of the website reviewers are pulling out the same crap that rated Nightmare in Dreamland, (easier than the first version logic), so I had to compare those two like I'm doing to this game.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Japan get's a good name as well. Kirby of the Stars Ultra Super Deluxe, I like it, people say this is the number one DS game this year so far. :D
Platinum says hi.

Any ways I was playing it and the game reminds me that when you don't play kirby for a long time....you suck at it..I'm happy that the DS buttons ARE the same as the SNES(Dpad,A,B,X,Y,R,L) which makes this game feel more like a Remake.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Damm, when your right your right Darkslash, I suck at this game already, I can't even find all the truesure in The Great Cave Offensive, and I lost at Gourment Race.... ok I really suck for not playing this game for years. XD

Other then that, I think the reviewrs in this game are under rating this game. Don't let them get to your head guys.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How much did they change in the games? So, if I could find all the treasure in the Great Cave Offensive easily, are they still in the same place? Any new abilities along with the old, and if so, are they in Milky Way Wishes?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How much did they change in the games? So, if I could find all the treasure in the Great Cave Offensive easily, are they still in the same place? Any new abilities along with the old, and if so, are they in Milky Way Wishes?
On the old modes not really much change on the old modes, the new modes put up much of a challenge than the old one's though, (espically The True Arena, 7 star difficuity level and not kidding, O_o), in the new modes, all of them have new bosses and are much harder then the old one's. Some bosses have they own special theme song, Dyna Blade, Heavy Lobster, (I <3 his new theme). Some of treasure change on The Great Cave Offensive, (Season Hearts is one treasure now, one of the mechine parts from Kirby Air Ride is a treasure, etc). So far, there is no new abilties, just some have change, (first post). However, in Milky Way Wishes it's easier to use your Copy Essences Deluxe by using the touch screen. I would had post all the changes, but I played this game all day, and I mean from 11am to 2am the next day. XD

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I lost my SNES version, and I don't have access to my SNES very often anyway, so I'll buy this. This actually gave Meta Knight dialouge and the gameplay was vastly superior to any of the other games in the series. Best kirby game by FAR. I'll buy it without a second thought, although it's a shame Dedede isn't playable.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Right now, I've beaten Spring Breeze, Dyna Blade (the boss fight was to easy), Revenge of Meta-Knight, and Gourmet Race. I just started Great Cave Offensive.

Pretty awesome game so far.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Question: Is The Great Cave Offensive still filled to the brim with Nintendo cameos? I didn't realize the jokes at the time I first beat it (8 years old), but playing through it again I lol at the 'Screw Ball,' Triforce, Falcon Helmet, and Mr. Saturn.

Also, does Stone Kirby still have a chace of turning into a gold statue of Mario and Samus?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Question: Is The Great Cave Offensive still filled to the brim with Nintendo cameos? I didn't realize the jokes at the time I first beat it (8 years old), but playing through it again I lol at the 'Screw Ball,' Triforce, Falcon Helmet, and Mr. Saturn.

Also, does Stone Kirby still have a chace of turning into a gold statue of Mario and Samus?
The Great Cave Offensive still have the Nintendo cameos, it also have the cameos from the Kirby sieres, (Three Star Goblet, Cell Phone, Machine Part, Magic Paintbrush etc). The season heart's are one now, I'll cheak to see which treasure got reaplaced later though.

As for Stone Kirby, I haven't seen the gold statue of some of the Nintendo chracters, I need to play Stone more often because I haven't. D:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So, if it was one of my favorite SNES games ever, I would like it on the DS?

I just hope the touch-screen isn't that big a part of game play. Using it as the ability screen and treasure screen in Milkyway Wishes and the Great Cave Offensive are good ideas.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So, if it was one of my favorite SNES games ever, I would like it on the DS?

I just hope the touch-screen isn't that big a part of game play. Using it as the ability screen and treasure screen in Milkyway Wishes and the Great Cave Offensive are good ideas.
Your in Luck. The game does not abuse the touch screen beyond belief. The only instance is the minigames but i think you need to beat those too to get MetaKnightmare Ultra

I actually got Samus.. at first i was like..who's that? Then looking closer it was the Power suit.

lol Zook your post is 541 13337.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Aha!

So that's how you unlock that.

I haven't messed with the minigames that much.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Wow, most of the reviewers in the US are dumb as hell, I hope Japan isn't like that when they review this game. >_> I'm just gald most of the people that own this game are smart to realize this game is great.

Anyways, I can't beat True Arena without a helper, it's so.... hard even when I pick Plasma Kirby, Masked Galactic Knight keep getting my damage high. >o<

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
My first try on True Arena I got to Marx with very little health and decided to change to Mirror from Plasma because I wanted to have the impenetrable guard. Turns out Marx still does chip damage to Mirror Kirby so I died. :/

I beat it second try with Plasma. I might try again with Sword because it feels hella broken now.

Helper to Hero is fun as hell. Wam Bam Jewel is annoying with some helpers because he gets a bunch of invincibility frames on hit. I tried with Bombs but I could only get one hit at a time, meaning it took forever to do any kind of damage and I died. :/

My best times so far are with GIM, Rocky and Blade Knight. Plasma Wisp took forever because I got stuck in Guard against a few opponents and had to wait until the electric shield killed them haha.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think everybody did. Remember, everybody already left Mt. Dedede before that except for the Blue bandana Waddle Dee.

Also, how did you guys beat Arena mode? I'm having trouble with it.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I want to buy this game now.

One more question: Does Mario, Luigi, Toad, Birdo, and Peach still make a guest appearence in Megaton Punch and Spring Breeze?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
The True Arena is pretty easy after going through a couple of times. I use Suplex for the first 8 bosses, then I use whatever random ability the rest room gives me for Meta-Knight's mom and Marx Soul. I just wish you got maximum tomatos and fought ALL the bosses.
( Currently beating Helper-to-Hero with all characters. Only Burnin' Leo and Birdon left! )

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
True Arena is cake if you use Plasma. I got close to beating it with Sword but took too much damage at Galactica Knight.

I got HTH done yesterday. Parasol W.Dee was the hardest. I beat it in 6 min with Bonkers first try. Hammer feels kinda broken now haha.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah hammer does alot of damage

revenge of the king was AMAZING lol, the last boss of that and last boss of true arena were my faves (not named for spoilers)

hammer does a ****load of damage, the first time i went through arena i went suplex most of the way and on like the last 2 bosses i found yoyo and used that.

suplex is hilarious on lololo/lalala

its a little hard at first, the only annoying thing is that if you rely on helpers then kabula gets rid of them lol

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
True Arena is cake if you use Plasma. I got close to beating it with Sword but took too much damage at Galactica Knight.

I got HTH done yesterday. Parasol W.Dee was the hardest. I beat it in 6 min with Bonkers first try. Hammer feels kinda broken now haha.
Yeah, Bonkers is really easy, but I did it in less than 6 minutes:chuckle: Wait, you mean you beat it with all characters? If so, how did you beat it with Burnin' Leo? He's really hard to do it with.:(

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Use Fire Breath on enemies that don't move for long periods of time (Kracko, Dyna Blade, Heavy Lobster). Does a lot of damage. Use dash attack when enemies are rushing you to do damage and avoid getting hit. Works great on the Wan Bams.

Dash attack and Fire Roll rule against MK so use those a lot, just don't get cornered.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Use Fire Breath on enemies that don't move for long periods of time (Kracko, Dyna Blade, Heavy Lobster). Does a lot of damage. Use dash attack when enemies are rushing you to do damage and avoid getting hit. Works great on the Wan Bams.

Dash attack and Fire Roll rule against MK so use those a lot, just don't get cornered.
Thanks! I actually have no trouble getting to Wham Bam Jewel. I just have a lot of trouble beating the Wham Bams. I'm not patient enough to use fire breath on her/him/it lol. The computer virus is super easy because of the set-yourself-on-fire attack.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Kirby Super Stars for SNES was my most favorite game of all time, so I had to get this for DS lol. I'm very happy with the slight changes to some of the abilities. It's also not just the same old thing as SNES, they've added quite a few new game modes and mini games as well. New game, same feel as before, they did a great job remaking it.

There should be a tier list for abilities imo lol.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah but one what level lol, like would you do it based on how they do on bosses, or how they are in the regular adventures/how the helpers are (in which case you would also have to factor in availability except for mww)

regardless i just beat true arena yesterday with a combination of mostly suplex/plasma for final 2 and then all hammer

hammer beasts on arena

and the last true arena boss is so cool :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Also, how did you guys beat Arena mode? I'm having trouble with it.
Have an ablity that's best for ranges, (Plasma, Yo-yo, etc), or do a lot of damage, (Stone, Hammer etc), then it will be easier. Also don't take too many M-Tomatos or you'll die faster.

One more question: Does Mario, Luigi, Toad, Birdo, and Peach still make a guest appearence in Megaton Punch and Spring Breeze?

Yep they all do, but in Spring Breeze they have updated looks like from the game. The one in Megaton Punch have the SNES looks.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I just got this game on Saturday. :chuckle: It's really fun... Oh yeah, and I noticed that they changed the last boss of Great Cave Offensive from the original on SNES so that it's not racist anymore.

M.K

Level 55
I really, really like this game!
I never played the original, and halfway through Cave Offensive, my hand slipped onto the X-button and I made a little helper dude!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Beam and Frost Powers.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
I'm enjoying this alot as well,playing Cave Offensive again on this version.
I have the SNES version & this was my favorite Kirby game.

My favorite abilities still is Sword,Hammer,Yo-yo,Plasma ,Mirror & Beam power!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm enjoying this alot as well,playing Cave Offensive again on this version.
I have the SNES version & this was my favorite Kirby game.

My favorite abilities still is Sword,Hammer,Yo-yo,Plasma ,Mirror & Beam power!
Yoyo is so broken it's not even funny. :chuckle: I wish Kirby wore a red hat when he had Yoyo... then he'd be like Ness. They oughta switch the hats for Wheel and Yoyo...

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
Considering kirby is my favorite character ragarding gaming i need to play a few games involving him. I"ll get this for sure i need a new ds game anyways. The only kirby (not including games with kirby) game I have is kirby tilt 'n tumble for the color...

Ryan-K

Smash Master
hammer is one of the best arena abilities. as long as you know how to dodge it's amazing just because of the sheer amount of damage you do per hit.

I learned wham bam jewel's beginning pattern and whenever the match starts off he starts with 20% of his health left because his first 3 hits are always the same

yoyo is really safe but the main problem with it is it doesn't do a whole lot of damage so you really have to get alot of time into just dodging and you have to land alot more hits. maybe it's just me but I think hammer is really good as long as you learn the spacing for it.

also jet has a ohko on dynablade, lol

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Plasma is Yoyo with better power and range. Easily the best Arena ability. Hammer is pretty close though it's harder to land hits on some opponents. Sword is actually really good, too.

The Wam Bams would be easier to kill if he didn't get such long invincibility EVERY TIME YOU HIT THEM. It made HtH annoying with Bomb and Parasol because you didn't get many opportunities for damage.

M.K

Level 55
Do you HAVE to grab the sword with Meta-Knight's battle? >,< It's not such a good ability.

We've been discussing the BEST abilities, so what are some of the WORST abilities (besides Copy/Sleep).
I think Suplex and Wheel are pretty situational....

Top Bottom