• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Super Star Ultra *EU realese date added*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Do you HAVE to grab the sword with Meta-Knight's battle? >,< It's not such a good ability.
You don't have to grab the sword, just wait for a while then he'll give up waiting and come after you. I'm not sure about Masked Dedede but it works on Meta Knight though.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
suplex is really good, i don't see what's so bad about it. it only does bad against bosses like wham bams, the knights, and fatty whale. it does huge damage and you can hold onto whatever you grabbed for a really long time and you are invincible while doing so. plus the kick is usually pretty safe and does decent damage.

yes you can also not take the hammer for masked ddd as well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They definitely nerfed Suplex, but it's still pretty godly. Plasma is still the best defensive ability.

Lovely

Smash Lord
They definitely nerfed Suplex, but it's still pretty godly. Plasma is still the best defensive ability.
Hm, I thought Suplex got better because it do more damage than the first verson when you throw things to the bosses. But yea, Plasma Kirby has best range, but Mirror has best defensive style though.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
birdon is really easy, lol just spam the down dive. his extra mobility really helps in boss fights and the dive has alot of range from the shockwave and it also hits hard. you can kil both twin woods at the same time lol

burning leo was annoying to do...fire sucks on bosses >_<

Lovely

Smash Lord
True Arena sucks. I need some Maxim Tomatoes.
Tell me about it, I can't win without Helpers and when I'm alone, I get the closest with Plasma Kirby and Bomb Kirby, anything else, I'll die. D:

Oh well, I guess that's one challenge that I have to take and concer it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Really? I could swear that Suplex killed bosses faster in the original. It's been too long I guess. Also, it seems you have less invincibility after throwing someone.

Also, True Arena is SUPPOSED to be hard. Hence the seven star rating. ;)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lol it's supposed to be a challenge since most of the game is really easy aside from that.

if you really wanna sweep it just use hammer. only use one helper don't give up your power for a helper since even if they survive all the fights kabula automatically kills them off

also don't get ***** if you need maxims tomatos....the regular ones heal a decent bit of health anyway, you're not supposed to block or get hit, just dodge because most hits mess up your block

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say Kirby Air Ride is under rated don't you think? Of coruse I love that game with a pation and no one can tell me so.

Anyways, I can't belive that EU still don't have a release date. Oh well, if any one needs help with anymode, just ask me a question, if anyone didn't answer it first.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
TAC is really easy in hero to helper for me.
TAC has terrific range, allowing him to poke from a distance. Damage isn't bad but nothing great. He's not all that great against the Wam Bams. He can attack safely on almost everyone but it can be a bit tedious going through some of the bosses since he has all of two attacks.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
TAC one of the best helper to use on Helper to Hero if you want to beat it without getting hurt. :D

But if you want to beat it fast then of course Bonkers is your guy to use.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Top Tier:
=====
Rocky
Bonkers
Plasma
TAC

High Tier:
=====
Gim
Capsule J2
Simirror
Buggsy
Birdon

Middle Tier:
=====
Bio Spark
Knuckle Joe
Poppy Bros Jr
Waddle Doo
Sword Knight

Low Tier:
=====
Blade Knight
Wheelie
Parasol Waddle Dee
Sir Kibble

Bottom Tier:
=====
Burning Leo
Chilly

That's the current Helper to Hero tier list, curtesy of GameFAQs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=949625&topic=45761391

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
A "major graphical revamp?" Hmmph.

So, odds are I'm gonna think it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a Kirby game?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wow, it's not bad.

Yeah, the old one was a lot cooler though, but as long as the Jet ability stays untouched, it should all be good.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Top Tier:
=====
Rocky Agree
Bonkers Agree
Plasma Wisp We all saw this comming, thought it would be higher consider he can float XD
TAC Agree, he's much better than before

High Tier:
=====
Gim Agree
Capsule J2 Yes, someone other than me understand :D
Simirror Simirror, you use to be one of the best, what happen D:
Buggsy Agree if you know how to use him
Birdon He's too high, unless you master the Shuttle Loop on bosses

Middle Tier:
=====
Bio Spark A little higher then expected but I agree
Knuckle Joe I think he's too low, lol
Poppy Bros Jr TOO low if you ask me =/
Waddle Doo Agree
Sword Knight A little lower then I thought but I agree

Low Tier:
=====
Blade Knight Yea, compared to Sword Knight he's not in the same shoes as him
Wheelie WTF, he's that high XD
Parasol Waddle Dee He's kind of low but I understand
Sir Kibble He's that low, I thought he was sweet ;_;

Bottom Tier:
=====
Burning Leo They jacked up the range in this game, but he does more damage though
Chilly He's too low, I thought he would be high at best, lol
In bold in the quote. Anyways, I guess in Kirby history Tornado Kirby in Squeak Squad is the most broken I see, spinning to a foe and not getting damage and you can float and it last for a good peroid of time, yep that has to be it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I actually wouldn't have minded an updated version with some of the new abilities. Seeing the helpers for UFO or Magic or Hi-Jump (<- Such an under-rated ability) would have been pretty neat to see.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
wheelie isn't bad at all, you just have to not turn into bosses or not run into walls when attacking, he does good damage and is invincible while hes rolling

alot of the new abilities suck imo. squeak squad magic was decent but hi jump is just dumb and ufo cant even get around ladders.

ducky: tacs guard is also the best because he cant be grabbed out of it by like ddd's swallow mks tornados wham bams etc.

and tornado was the most broken **** in any game ever

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Seeing as most bosses stay at the edge and the turning has giant lag, Wheelie sucks.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you can cross them up

dynablade is easy as **** if you jump behind her when she lands

the idea is to jump behind bosses and wheel through them if they do that.

you aren't supposed to turn around...just stop rolling.

also you can get 2 hits on the whambams every time they attack if you startup right before he hits you

wheelie isn't that bad, he can get a good time but you just can't be mindless with him like with tac

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I would have liked to see UFO and Hi-Jump in SSU, come to think of it. That would've been pretty fun.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Tornado should have been in this game. It would have made things much easier. :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Tornado Kirby was in Arena, then the fastest time would be 5:00m or 3:00m. ;p

My fastest time is 7:00m with Hammer Kirby, I wish I had some Youtube equipment to show this but it sounds like I'm blowing hot air. D:

Ryan-K

Smash Master
my true arena time is something like 04:45 with hammer, alot of it is just cuz i know patterns of bosses, you can kill whambam jewel in 5 hits before he does anything aside from slamming his hands, and masked ddd gets slaughtered to like 25% until he does the spin that gives him super armor, marx soul is just a little random, and you can hit galacta knight out of when he lands or when he does beam attacks.

i am convinced hammer is the best power for the arenas, lol

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Hammer is great if you know the patterns well but can be problematic if you don't because of its range. Plasma allows you to keep your distance and avoid damage while dealing good damage. Hammer is better for beating it faster but Plasma is easier for just completing it.

Stone is better in HtH than True Arena because Rocky can attack out of a midair jump whereas Kirby can't. MK is the only problem matchup for Rocky IMO.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
4:45 on true arena eh? I haven't tried that too much but I should though. I think I should take ducky's advice and use Stone Kirby, or should I stick with Hammer Kirby, I will see soon enough.

Top Bottom