• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Super Star Ultra *EU realese date added*

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, anything that will either take a chunk out of the boss or keeps more of your health is typically recommended. This is exactly why people recommend plasma Kirby. I got the game, and defeated all the platformers, but I haven't tackled any of the arenas (so I have no Idea how Wham Bam Jewel or Marx Soul [why didn't they just call him Zombie Marx, that's what he is now] will perform. Masked Dedede is kinda hard though when using the hammer, and Galactia Knight I definitely used the heal thing multiple times in Metaknightmare Ultra, but outside that, I think I can get a handle on things [ANY HINTS?!])

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
In terms of safety...

- Plasma
- Stone (on some bosses, this doesn't work so well)
- Yoyo
- Bomb
- Copy (Helper to Hero only)
- Fighter

Worth a mention but not all that great...

- Cutter
- Ninja
- Beam

In terms of heavy damage...

- Stone
- Hammer
- Suplex (though it's hard to use on some bosses)

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Its funny when you battle those mid bosses in the arenas when you have hammer. It takes them down in one hit with that fire attack. Also its funny to watch Bugzy when hes your helper grabs an enemy and starts stomping down on them... Im sitting there thinking "OK 5 IS ENOUGH!!!"

Charizard92

Smash Champion
In terms of safety...

- Plasma
- Stone (on some bosses, this doesn't work so well)
- Yoyo
- Bomb
- Copy (Helper to Hero only)
- Fighter

Worth a mention but not all that great...

- Cutter
- Ninja
- Beam

In terms of heavy damage...

- Stone
- Hammer
- Suplex (though it's hard to use on some bosses)
OK... I tried Plasma and Hammer, I always get creamed by Masked Dedede. Maybe I should take a break, I already tired myself with the PSAT.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Using Plasma Kirby hurts my hands. T_T

I use Cutter Kirby all the way in True Arena and Helper to Hero. lol, I must suck at this game if I can't use Plasma Kirby to win arena. =/

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, With hammer and other abilities, I managed once to get to Galactia Knight. Now somebody, please help me BEAT THE TRUE ARENA SO I DON'T WIND UP IN FRUSTRATION!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
OK, With hammer and other abilities, I managed once to get to Galactia Knight. Now somebody, please help me BEAT THE TRUE ARENA SO I DON'T WIND UP IN FRUSTRATION!
Depends, do you want to speed beat True Arena or do you want to just beat it. IMO the best ability to win True Arena without getting a lot of damage is Bomb Kirby. Jet Kirby is awesome too thanks to the Shock Wave doing more damage and having better range than the last verson. But most people would say that Stone Kirby is the best if you don't want damage.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bah. True Arena is a *****.

Having trouble getting passed Galactic Knight, and when I do, Marx Soul ***** me.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Depends, do you want to speed beat True Arena or do you want to just beat it. IMO the best ability to win True Arena without getting a lot of damage is Bomb Kirby. Jet Kirby is awesome too thanks to the Shock Wave doing more damage and having better range than the last verson. But most people would say that Stone Kirby is the best if you don't want damage.

Just Beat it. Really, I've tried Hammer Kirby, Plasma, and Yoyo (and occasionally change when a good ability pops up, and make my old one a helper) and the farthest I've gotten was Galactia Knight (and that happened only once). I've even tried Stone, and either I'm not getting it to work properly or something because I get farther with the abilities I know how to use.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Galactia Knight eh? To beat him with little damage you must have abilities with good range, (Bomb, Yo-yo, Plasma, etc). For Helper, I would suggest you start with TAC, he's reach and power is good, and when he takes a power he recovers, or use either Gim or Poppy Bro JR. Stone Kirby you have to be patient when you use it. And if you face chracters like Masked Dedede with Stone Kirby then you'll have to be very patient becasue bosses like him will always be too close to you until they attack. If you have Plasma Kirby, (which is the best ability to have), you have to always block when chraging, then unleash the energy when it's a full.... if your fingers can handle it. All I can say is that range ablilities is basiclly the best kind if you want to finish something without taking a lot of damage.

Edit: Just a side note, AUS will have Kirby Super Star Ultra November 27, a few days after Japan.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Beating GK with Plasma is easy. Hold Guard and charge up, you'll avoid heavy damage while also damaging him with the Plasma shield if he gets too close. Fire when you have an open shot, preferably from across the screen. Learn his attack patterns and dodge any attacks as needed. Never make the first move.

Yoyo and Bomb are similar but you have to be a little more aggressive because you don't as much damage, nor do you have as much range as Plasma.

Hammer is quite a bit tougher since you REALLY need to know his attack patterns and land hits when he's recovering from an attack or just sitting there. Trying to force the issue will get you killed.

EDIT: Also, what's with people complaining about charging Plasma shots? I did it all the time on an SNES d-pad and I find the DS Lite d-pad even easier to use. Roll your thumb gently around the center of the d-pad. Once fully charged, just slowly tap down to keep the charge while you wait for an opportunity to shoot.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Sometimes Charging the Plasma Cannon hurts your finger doing that move, but it can be made easy if you block while using this move. Also if your new to Kirby Super Star then it makes a little more since if they can't do it.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, I decided to Pick up Stone Kirby, and I'm doing better (I still fail at Masked Dedede, but that was mostly mistakes). I think I should be able to beat the true arena soon.

bored

Smash Ace
Just bought this game and found it quite enjoyable for the half-hour or so that it took to beat it.

Mirror Kirby is my favorite.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I BEAT MARX SOUL (aka, I BEAT THE TRUE ARENA!). I've beat most of it with stone Kirby, then switched to a conveniently placed Plasma ability before Galactia knight and finally beat him, then wen on to Marx Soul and beat him first try, FIRST TRY! I got 100% too!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You got a 100% eh. Kool, do you feel the need to play this game again or you'll just leave it at that?

Deception

Smash Ace
I finally got this game yesterday. I beat MetaKnightmare Ultra, and now I'm moving onto the Arena. I've beaten the original KSS, but are any of the powers different now?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You got a 100% eh. Kool, do you feel the need to play this game again or you'll just leave it at that?

I'll just leave it at that. (although I'll occasionally play some of the platformers again, namely those which don't force me to look for stuff)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I finally got this game yesterday. I beat MetaKnightmare Ultra, and now I'm moving onto the Arena. I've beaten the original KSS, but are any of the powers different now?

Not much change in ablilty wise.

-Mirroir Kirby is less broken because some attacks when you block it you get damage.
-Fire Kirby's range is less in this game but do a tad bit more damage.
-Plasma Kirby attacks all go pass the wall.
-Ice Kirby can use Ice Storm infidently by holding B and you get to use Ice Storm by tapping B three times.
-Jet Kirby's hover does damage, Jet Cracker does more damage and better range.
-Suplex Kirby does more damage if you throw objects at bosses.
-Wing Kirby's Fether Gun has better range.

That's all to my knowledge.

Lovely

Smash Lord
yes.

I always yell out some thing when i use a kirby attack.

Wheelie i yell EAT RUBBER YA *******S!

Flame: UHHWAH!!!(Ganondorf lulz)
I thought I was the only one that do this. I only do that when I beat a boss in true arena. ^_^

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Here are my records, post if you beat them:)

Helper to Hero: 4:32:59 with Bonkers

Gourmet Race: Course1 00:20:42
2 00:33:60
3 00:51:75

True Arena: 06:17:84 (no helper)

The Arena: 07:28:24 (no helper, Hammer & sword)

None of these are fantastic (except maybe the first one), I just want to give people records to beat:D
I'll update this post if I beat them.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This thread shall not die... yet, well Japan got they copy a while back and now AUS is getting theirs. So far it's rated the same rating as the first Super Star overall. But I'll say this is a better game. :D

Lovely

Smash Lord
Almost everyone I know in the univrsity I go to has this game already imported from the US. Of course I got both because I wanted to play it on my DSi without any extra work.

Spelling errors and I don't feel like fixing them.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Cleared Super Star Ultra 100% around a week ago. :D
Well, not counting the hidden Super Star video you get.

But still... was quite a barrel of fun.
Helper to Hero is a minigame I still find myself playing a lot.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Bumping this thread because this game should be out everywere by now. Ok, this is already said, this game should get elected as one of the top games of the year for the DS. Knowing Japan, Pokemon Platnum will get game of the year for DS. All I have to say is, after all the gay intervewers and everything, this game is the same rating as Kirby Super Star.... though it plays almost the same as the best Kirby game alive, it's actrully even better. They kept all the modes, and added new modes to spice up the game even more. All I have to say, most of the fans will say that this is one of the best DS games of the year, to me, this is the best DS game of the year.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
This is only my second game for the DS :bee: since Pokemon Pearl kept me occupied for so long. I only got it about two weeks ago and got halfway through The Great Cave Offensive before I decided to leave the DS at home (because it'd be a distraction to studying for exams...as if SWF isn't already enough). When I get back home this week end, my quest will continue and I hope to unlock everything else as well!

Top Bottom