• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*Clears throat*

Dear people, I thank you for this nomination. It is a great honor, and if I am elected to this sacred office, I solemnly swear to eat (and swallow) each and every single one of you (except Galaxy, because it's bad form to swallow a God, especially YOUR God.).

Galaxy bless these humble and noble boards.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*Clears throat*

Dear people, I thank you for this nomination. It is a great honor, and if I am elected to this sacred office, I solemnly swear to eat (and swallow) each and every single one of you (except Galaxy, because it's bad form to swallow a God, especially YOUR God.).

Galaxy bless these humble and noble boards.
That's a crazy speech, can Kirby eat that much with out feeling something? O_o

Also, I will like you guys to list the top five most broken ablility in your option.

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Good job not eating your god. :p

Ok so do you think we should make the guide and instead of having a president just have a communism thing ha!

I think a guide with me and some select awesome people could be awesome. Im going to do this for sure unless someone really is against this.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's easy.

1. Shuttle Loop
2. Mach Tornado
3. Snake's Uptilt
4. MK dsmash
5. Snake's ftilt
5b. Marth
I'm surprised you of all people didn't mention the bananas...

Actually, maybe we should make a thread of annoying moves to deal with (the Mario boards did it and it seems pretty good.).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm surprised you of all people didn't mention the bananas...

Actually, maybe we should make a thread of annoying moves to deal with (the Mario boards did it and it seems pretty good.).
meh, bananas.

Add Ness' backthrow to that list. What the hell.

Actually, add Ness to that list. He's too good....he has like a billion ko moves if he is ******** and can't manage a grab. Plus his priority is omfg, and if you spotdodge and he decides to DAir, it always hit you.

Speaking of dair, too good.

At least I learned to attack pk thunder that chases me offstage, instead of dodging it. Can't do that for Lucas though, can you?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, but Asidoh was complaining about them all week >.<

But yeah, I don't really think any move is "broken" per say, just some are VERY annoying, and I'd say the bananas fall into that category.

Asidoh, I feel your pain. I played Smash64's Ness a while back (first time I played him, or even a decent Ness at all) thinking it would be an easy win vs Ness... wow, was I wrong...

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
All that in one thread eh? We will just have to put that to the test, I do wonder what happen to most of the Kirby mains on the Kirby boards. =/
Here I am! :D

Ahaha. Nah, we can't spam.

I have an idea. We need to revamp the Kirby section. Maybe not with guides, but the vid thread is on hiatus and the forum itself is lacking activity.
I'm actually busy. I'll get around to it before the month ends.

My idea: Because of the presidential election just ending we should vote for a president of the Kirby Boards. They will be in charge of keeping up activity/trying to get things updated and all that jazz.
Oh dear, angry PMs every day...

EDIT 2: I think I may also make an indepth ADVANCED kirby thread, as the ones we have now re basic. I mean expaling all combos, strats, counterpicks, matchups, best vids from players with commentary from best kirby players, and all that exciting stuff to help people become pros. what you think?
It sounds like a lot of work.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥For those of you who play item free-for-alls. Do you like swallowing the Explosive things for fun?;)

♥It's very entertaining to me for some reason! ^__^

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥ I know, but it's still very entertaining to watch though! ^__^

♥Besides, what have you got to lose in a Free for all? ;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
♥ I know, but it's still very entertaining to watch though! ^__^

♥Besides, what have you got to lose in a Free for all? ;)
Well at least it's fun.... he should had turn into Bomb Kirby, but that would be Uber broken. :D

I don't like how Wario swallows faster than Kirby. =/

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asidoh, I feel your pain. I played Smash64's Ness a while back (first time I played him, or even a decent Ness at all) thinking it would be an easy win vs Ness... wow, was I wrong...
..... o_O

Asdioh vs Smash64 1/2
Asdioh vs Smash64 2/2

That was also my first time playing against Smash64...and my first time playing a decent Ness at all XD

kinda freaky. What's funny is I haven't watched those videos in a while, and I'm actually kinda impressed by my offline Kirby. Especially considering that I knew NOTHING about Ness' Brawl abilities going into those matches. I'm wayyy more knowledgable about him, and many other characters, than I was then.

It's very depressing to think that was only my second time playing offline against good players, and how good I could possibly be if I just had a couple local people who were good at the game...but there's NOBODY.

I had no idea how close I was to some DAir deaths >_> and I let Ness get Delfino for the first neutral, OOPS!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, and I thought I the only annoying Ness main. Oh well, for Ness Luigi's Mansion is the best couter pick stage for him, Yoshi's Island is good, but Ness won't able to die easily when he lose all his jumps. But you already know that, but I'll still say that my Ness is better. XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Unfortunately, I don't have time to watch these today, but here's a random thing I found funny:

A ROB main told me to quit spamming my annoying laser today. Fun times... I knew Kirby could outspam ROB!

Tiersie

Smash Ace
..... o_O

Asdioh vs Smash64 1/2
Asdioh vs Smash64 2/2

That was also my first time playing against Smash64...and my first time playing a decent Ness at all XD

kinda freaky. What's funny is I haven't watched those videos in a while, and I'm actually kinda impressed by my offline Kirby. Especially considering that I knew NOTHING about Ness' Brawl abilities going into those matches. I'm wayyy more knowledgable about him, and many other characters, than I was then.

It's very depressing to think that was only my second time playing offline against good players, and how good I could possibly be if I just had a couple local people who were good at the game...but there's NOBODY.

I had no idea how close I was to some DAir deaths >_> and I let Ness get Delfino for the first neutral, OOPS!
The enemy has blasted you off the stage! Will you recover? Yes/No

YES!

But your Pk thunder has been jumped into! You die!

My friend has the second best ness in Holland. (He also has the best falco and Yoshi :O.) So I end up playing him a lot. And really. This works. What I do if I get the chance to is Uair. Then Jump up to catch the pk thunder. Either he pkthunders in to me. Or he falls and hasn't got enough time to make it back to the stage. Really try it. Also that Ness used PkFlash a bit too much.

First 100+ brawl tournament in Holland in 2 weeks! I can't wait! :chuckle:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh yeah, I love gimping Ness by jumping into the PK Thunder ball. I screw it up on wifi a lot though, and end up getting pwned by PKT2. So that's bad.

That's the reason I prefer playing Lucas over Ness though (when I rarely do play him), you can't gimp him like that, AND PKT2 propels him farther.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Ooh a kirby chat thread. <3

It's younger than the TL's, though.

Is Nipaa in yet Asdioh? :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well if he was a girl, he wouldn't have a ***** would he -_-

n00b!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well I in the Midwest tourney and did.... very poor today. T_T

I mostly get at least top 5 or 7 but this time it's not even top 10, I didn't use Kirby that much in this one, just doubles and got 3rd in that, but singles I uses a lot of chracters, which.... effed me up. T_T

TheFast

Smash Lord
I did bad in a tourney today to so your not alone. I feel for you. I killed myself in all my matches besides one T.T

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Well I in the Midwest tourney and did.... very poor today. T_T

I mostly get at least top 5 or 7 but this time it's not even top 10, I didn't use Kirby that much in this one, just doubles and got 3rd in that, but singles I uses a lot of chracters, which.... effed me up. T_T

Who'd you use then? I'm looking for a 3rd to complement my kirby and pikachu.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who'd you use then? I'm looking for a 3rd to complement my kirby and pikachu.
Peach: Ok

Ike: Good

Olimar: Good

Mario: Bad

Pokemon Trainer: Bad

Ness: Great

ROB: bad

That's all I used in singles and failed hard... I mean 17th place hard... and I'm supose to be the best Kirby in MI. T_T

I used Kirby all the way in double's and did very well, but nobody give a crap about doubles skiils, so I wasn't mention much. But your second main could be Pit, but that's just my option.

Edited: I need my internet back so I can get much better, all I have is CPU's all day. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom