• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Archive

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I myself tend to focus on either getting a swallowcide or comboing into it on 2 occasions.

1. When The opponent has low damage and I've got a lot, unless they have a lot more stocks.

2. The opponent has one stock remaining.

My opponents definitely avoid the Kirbycide, in such a way it may be detrimental to them. They don't edge guard because they don't want to lose a stock. However, I still manage to get them off a fair bit. In one recent match I get 3 swallowcides (One succesful cancel) off in the first minute of a match. I'm planning to upload it as well.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I think I get what you two are saying. You actually plan to kill people with the swallowcide in your matches, correct?

As for me, it is not even considered mid-match; it is only thought of when the opprotunity arrives, and since is not often, I don't do it too much.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I plan to Kirbycide all my opponents' stocks every match. It's up to them to prevent that.

clownrus

Smash Rookie
T!mmy I still love your move the KirbyCide. It's awsome. I wanna learn to be a pro Kirby like you are.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the term "Kirbycide", honestly. It seems to say that Kirby is the one dying, which is rarely the plan when doing this stuff. Or, if we look at it as in Kirby is killing, then all moves of his would be a "Kirbycide". Plus, I don't know if your talking about all suicide maneuvers of Kirby or just the swallowcide.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I think Kirby's gay. He is pink... and all that sucking... and being a lightweight he's clearly a little light in the loafers if you catch my drift.

So since he's gay, that must mean gay people are attracted to playing him. At least that's the case with the only Kirby main I know personally, DeathscytheHello. :p

Actually not. Kirby's awesome and the only gay thing about DSH is his Y.Link... that I know of.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, do that today. ;)

We should have recorded our matches down at 0C2.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Yeah, do that today. ;)

We should have recorded our matches down at 0C2.
You didn't have your own equipment, did you? Cause the only other way we could have done that would have been to kick a couple of pros off their tv. And I'm sure that would have gone over well. "Hey mew2king, Isai, get off. We're gonna record a couple kirby dittos"
:laugh:

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
somebody should put up a vid of kirby vs shiek and win. Only because kirby gets ***** by shiek most of the time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
New video update (sorry, it isn't Sheik).

Kirby vs Young Link

For those of you who have seen the previous video playing vs DMS's Y. Link - some 6 months ago - you can compare and see my improvements.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a tournament soon, so you'll be able to see me go up against some no-name smashers. Finally, you'll be able to learn from my uber-kirby-ness! Either that or you can give me tips.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
You have to get your start somewhere. Wishing you luck here. My first Smasher hosted tournament for actual prizes is on March tenth, but I've been to small store hosted ones before, as well as the regular Bi-weeklies up here in Calgary.

If I do anything from watching someone else play, chances are it'll be learning. :laugh:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Here are the Grand Finals of the Low-Tier Doubles of SF:E. BTW, DMStudios has an awesome Ness, and loves playing low tiers. ^_^

Grand Finals - best of 5
t!mmy(Kirby)+t0mmy(Pichu) vs DMStudios(Mr.GW)+Foosjr(Kirby) - round 1

t!mmy(Kirby)+t0mmy(Pichu) vs DMStudios(Ness)+Foosjr(Pikachu) - round 2

t!mmy(Kirby)+t0mmy(Zelda) vs DMStudios(Ness)+Foosjr(Pikachu) - round 3

Summary of tournament
Team DMSfoosio's was the team that sent us to the loser's bracket our first round. :o I hadn't warmed up, and t0mmy kept mistaking the blue Kirby for me. We managed to take out all our other opponents, including a strong Roy + Pikachu team in the Loser's Finals, and move our way to Winner's Finals for a rematch

Finals
This was a best 3 out of 5, and we lost the first two matches in a row. After that, we made a comeback and won the next three games to win the set and move into the Grand Finals. If you want to watch those fights, click here.

Grand Finals
Another best of 5, but this time we were geared up and ready to go, winning three games straight to give The Super Smash Twins first place.

Enjoy the vids. ^_^

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nice vids, I'm a kirby player myself and it's very satisfying to beat my friends samuses and captain falcons.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I had a Kirby video on my hard drive and uploaded to YouTube for people to stream featuring Captain Jack and Aniki from Japan.

Captain Jack (Luigi) vs Aniki (Kirby)

This is, unfortunately, one of Kirby's worst match-ups. :\
Anyway, hope you enjoy it and I might put some others up that aren't on YouTube already once I have some time.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
This is, unfortunately, one of Kirby's worst match-ups. :\
I've never had that many problems with Weege, actually... It's been more around 60/40 in favour of the Luigi player. Still, my Kirby does better gaisnt him than my Marth, but that may be related more to character understanding. I play my Kirby better than my Marth...

Anyway, a new Kirby Falcon set is up. Audio was screwed up because I chose the wrong device, and the tape has a glitch for 1 second in th second match.

Also, I SD too much. :laugh:

Still, at least they aren't matches as slow as my last set. ;)

http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=292DF0027E1F14AB is the link, it's not on the Youtube yet.

Samochan

Smash Master
Samo, those are some nice matches! You use Final Cutter a lot more than I do. I need to get some recorded, too!!
Thanks. :3 It's a shame that there's not much room for vids on my friend's cam and that I did not manage to record any overfancy stuff, like techchasing peki's fox with dthrows at least 5 times + dsmashed him once. :D I need to lay off the cutter a bit though, it's kinda predictable if I use it too much and works well only on fast fallers and if they just jump on it. Hammer is too good though. :p

Edit: Oh and T!Mmy, you can now add me to the archive list too. :3

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yay, new videos! I'm going to go watch them now. Right after I add Samochan to the video list. ;)

Nitro, you asked for comments in the other thread, but I thought it fit better here.

Strange how you play so aggressive against Falcon. Crouching works really well to manipulate how he approaches (Falcons usually go for D-airs or fast-fallen Knee vs crouching). Your main goal should simply be to get him off the ledge and abuse his abuseable recovery.

I'm wondering about the aerial hammer approach you use in round 3. You said he's your main practice partner, so shouldn't he know how to DI that? I can only rarely catch t0mmy with that as he will smash DI it and hit me before I'm out of lag.

I liked some of the KOs you got on him; a nicely timed u-air on Poke Floats, and of course the Cutter Spike on his first life on Final D. Cheap KOs work great on Falcon, especially to affect the confidence of the player during the rest of the match.

Dreamland and Final Destination are notoriously skewed in Falcon's favor. But then, even Yoshi's Story and Pokemon Stadium are skewed in Falcon's favor.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It boggles me when I four-stock someone with Kirby. Especially considering that Kirby is self-destructive.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've given the first post a cosmetic upgrade; just minor changes to the appearance of text, plus I organized the sections better. && Nitro's preview has been added as a bookmark until his combo video is done.

Let's get more Kirby videos uploaded guys. ^_^

Top Bottom