• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Kirby, in fact actually CAN angle his F-Smash. :p

Also, Ness and Lucas cannot angle their F-Smash either. :p

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
I'd want Kirby to have more range and priority. :p
I'm not sure how they can simply give him "more prirority", unless they change the way priority works. Perhaps you mean he should have faster moves and a slightly more disjointed up tilt?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I want him to play like he does in 64, but with his Melee/Brawl u-air. That would be perfect.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Tbh, I actually liked Kirby's Melee/Brawl nair 'cause of how it looked. It was more 'canon' because it definitely fit Kirby's carefree and fun style more. To make it better, the KB and priority on it should just be improved.

I'm not sure how they can simply give him "more prirority", unless they change the way priority works. Perhaps you mean he should have faster moves and a slightly more disjointed up tilt?
More disjoint = more priority

There are actually two kinds of priority when someone refers to it in a fighting game. One type is the one that matters when two hitboxes collide. It dictates whether the attacks clank, one overpowers the other, or they pass through each other. The other type is simply a summarization of sorts of hitbox size and placement. The first type of priority is usually referred to for grounded attacks. The second type is usually referred to for aerials.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I guess I was so used to playing Yoshi and Ganon that I always looked over that. Also no one ever mentions it in movesets. Damn I need to spend less time on this forum and more time in the game.
That's me word for word (though I play Yoshi more than Ganon, they're pretty much my main and secondary respectiviely!)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I actually want there to be less sex kick nairs this time around. They were way too abundant in every other Smash iteration and it really took away from each char's uniqueness. I personally like what they did with Pika's and Kirby's nairs. They just need to make them better fundamentally and they're set.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thing is though, the so-called Sex Kicks have almost no lag time in their execution, and no two Sex Kicks have the same power and knockback; compare Mario's to Fox's.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I actually didn't mind the sex kicks too much. :p

Also (as I said before) I think it'd be nice if Stone had hitboxes as Kirby transforms back to normal, as it'd make Stone safer. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I actually didn't mind the sex kicks too much. :p

Also (as I said before) I think it'd be nice if Stone had hitboxes as Kirby transforms back to normal, as it'd make Stone safer. :p
If hed had everything that made him good in 64, then he doesn't need Stone to be safe.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is overpowered! Samus had to be limited in brawl, kirby needs to be balanced

bubbaking

Smash Hero
The thing is though, the so-called Sex Kicks have almost no lag time in their execution, and no two Sex Kicks have the same power and knockback; compare Mario's to Fox's.
My problem is with the lack of variation. All sex kicks pretty much involve the character sticking his leg out for a quick attack with decent KB and landing lag. In SSB 64, nearly EVERY character had this, even Pika (which looked silly) and Kirby. Ness and DK were the only exceptions. Not every nair has to be a sex kick to be good. Pika's nair was one of the moves that was changed in the transition from 64 to Melee and it's arguably very good in Melee and Brawl. With a little buffing, the same could be said of Kirby's current nair. If anything, just make it a sex kick hitbox with sex kick properties but a radically different animation.

Most definatley. Everyone else is just too weak.

...jk. (mostly). Kirby was at his best in 64, and he was barely OP at all.
Kirby was OP in SSB 64 if only because he was one of the only two characters that could actually recover while being a monster gimper and comboer. The only other char with these properties was the other Top Tier, Pika. Funnily enough, these two top characters were the only chars from SSB 64 to lose their sex kick nairs (C.Falcon's nair is still basically a sex kick).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Kirby was OP in SSB 64 if only because he was one of the only two characters that could actually recover while being a monster gimper and comboer. The only other char with these properties was the other Top Tier, Pika. Funnily enough, these two top characters were the only chars from SSB 64 to lose their sex kick nairs (C.Falcon's nair is still basically a sex kick).
Well then, maybe they should just make everyone else as good as he was. More buffs for the weak characters, less nerfs for the strong ones.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Well, balance will be hard with so many chars and with new mechanics. SSB 64 only had 12 chars and a monstrous amount of hitstun. As the number of chars increased and the time stunned decreased, balance became more and more difficult. At the rate we're going, Smash 4 will have a very large number of characters but nearly NO hitstun to speak of. Combos will be almost just like they were in SF and SF II (single hits with a few lucky double or triple hits). Not only that, the metagame will be incredibly imbalanced with the requirement to ban more than one char because they effectively break the strategy of the game entirely (they never die and they always kill, without fail). :troll:

CAB77

Smash Rookie
Kirby's crouching A should propel him forward a set distance (maybe half of Falco's >B or something?). This is canonical to his games and compliments the fact he can crouch-dodge most projectiles, slightly tilting his small size into a more advantageous attribute.

I also like the idea of him being able to absorb the power of projectiles and / or getting slightly larger modifications to his move set from copy abilities.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Imagine if Kirby actually became Beam Kirby and had a moveset change for swallowing D3's Waddle Doo xD

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
I hope in this Smash game, he gets some type of graphic update. When I saw the Brawl trailer for the first time and saw how everyone else but him got a "make-over" I was disappointed. :(

:phone:

Perhaps base him off from his Return to Dreamland/Dream Collection look (see my avatar).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope in this Smash game, he gets some type of graphic update. When I saw the Brawl trailer for the first time and saw how everyone else but him got a "make-over" I was disappointed. :(

What would they do though?

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
The thing with Kirby is there really is nothing they can do to change his appearance. He's a simple pink ball. I mean they could texture his shoes, but that's not much...

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Put more detail into his eyes, maybe sharpen the blush on his cheeks. :p
Exactly! Compare Kirby's design from Brawl to his latest design in Dream Collection. You'll notice some differences. I can't wait to see how he'll look in HD. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm really curious as to what new Kirby hats we'll have this time.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
What I really hope for is that they change his hammer and stone moves, I personally don't find these moves useful at all, like just throw them out in exchange for more useful moves. Kirby has like over 50+ moves in his games, I was surprised to find out hammer and stone were still present in Brawl.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hammer is still a good special attack. It just has to be used right. Though, I'd give more variations to it and Cutter(the cutter combo and boomerang blade).

This is asking for too much, but I would like to see a mode switch for 3 of the Pink Blob's abilities: Sword, Fighter, and Ninja. Something similar to Toro the Cat.

Other than those, there are two other things I can see. "Abilities" Kirby, where the Blob use the remaining of nearly all his abilities(except Bomb, which can be a part of Sword, as well as Backdrop, which can be a part of Fire) and "Kirby 64" which is the Blob using his combined abilities from The Crystal Shards.

He should look more determined.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Now that DeDeDe is in, big star hammers from the Dreamland Universe are represented. I would not mind side B changing to something a little different and splashier.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
was brainstorming ideas for characters again and I came up with a concept for Kirby: with his Hammer,I think he should be given the option to Smash Throw it in a similar fashion to Samus' Super Missile. It should be a heavy knockback projectile that does about 20% or so and can break shields(so it can stun blocking foes...or kill Jigglypuff).The only catch is just like in Super Star, it can only be used once then you lose the hammer and have a different move(my idea being his Suplex dash grab from SS,which allows you to setup throws). the Hammer would only respawn if Kirby loses a life.

thoughts?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Should Kirby keep with tradition and get another new dash attack for the fourth game.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Kirby needs to be able to copy more abilities. Like when he swallows items there should be specific powers Kirby gets. Even with smaller Pokemon and Assist Trophies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom