• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KirbyKaze's Sheik MU Guide - POSTPONED INDEFINITELY

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
guys u wanna get better?

short hop bair on their shields or fair when they get up from the ledge over and over

to bait roll to the center of the stage

then dair their roll

profit

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
grab works beeter because you can get more out of it, and it covers the foxes wavedash out of shield if they do so

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
guys u wanna get better?

short hop bair on their shields or fair when they get up from the ledge over and over

to bait roll to the center of the stage

then dair their roll

profit
Sometimes I Dsmash and they DI all of it in.

Then fall onto the edge again anyway.

Its hilarious.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
really it depends on %... if they are at the % where dair will knock them up to combo % then i will dair.. if they are below i grab to get the %. i dont find a point in grabbing when they are already at combo % because then you have to rely on the tech chase when dair will already get them in the air for the combos

of course this is all assuming our aerial barrage doesnt beat them off the stage anyway ;-)

@swag i do the dair on reaction to their roll, another situation=another response but oftentimes you can bait the roll for sure

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i just really like grabbing fox

edit= why do you use brawl peach.... scrub
i dont use brawl peach

**** that noise

i wish i was better out of grabs against fast fallers, im working on it. definitely my weakest point

LOL good **** hayley

hax is so free

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahahaha i know right

well rest assured i play a ton

and whatever big tourney it is im allowed to go to next

im going to **** so much ****ing face

<3

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
do you mean out of foxes grab or grabing fox. cause ive been geting away with d.i.ing foxes u throw behind as much as possible and throw out a bair before i land. and its been working.....

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
That doesn't typically work, it works if the fox is slightly late.

Also, try nair. I think its slightly faster, and the closer they are the harder it hits lol

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i di the throw as back as possible, so the bair is good because it has that range. i think its been working because the foxes ive played are not prepared for the di so they folow up late and get hit by it........

wihch, i just realized ... is what you just siad =3

and i have alot of time to get my bair out so speed dosent matter

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i was referring to out of my own grabs... i dont have a problem with fox grabbing me, but realistically there is no way to get out of a uthrow-->bair combo if done correctly by fox

@hayley no :( tristate is the region that doesnt allow me to go to their **** because of hax/m2ks nonstop bull**** lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox u-throw bair works 100% of the time on sheik until about 170% give or take. If they suck at basic 2-step combos though then yeah you can get out of it and nair/bair/dj are your best options. But if they don't suck then there's nothing you can do about it except hope they try to do risky stuff rather than guaranteed combos.

I like dash attacking stuff so if they're at combo percent I'd probably do that instead of dair but dair is clearly a good option because it gives you stuff that dash attack cannot. It's also less laggy. Being less laggy is a good thing. If you can read a roll (or preemptively cover it) then you can do whatever though and it'll work. I've up smashed them before (numerous times) just because.

Man, there's nothing to talk about regarding Sheik. I wish we had an extra 80 moveslots like Fox.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Fox u-throw bair works 100% of the time on sheik until about 170% give or take. If they suck at basic 2-step combos though then yeah you can get out of it and nair/bair/dj are your best options. But if they don't suck then there's nothing you can do about it except hope they try to do risky stuff rather than guaranteed combos.

I like dash attacking stuff so if they're at combo percent I'd probably do that instead of dair but dair is clearly a good option because it gives you stuff that dash attack cannot. It's also less laggy. Being less laggy is a good thing. If you can read a roll (or preemptively cover it) then you can do whatever though and it'll work. I've up smashed them before (numerous times) just because.

Man, there's nothing to talk about regarding Sheik. I wish we had an extra 80 moveslots like Fox.
How do I fight Fox
He's so fast fk
and ftilt sux at low %s
idk how to grab

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Okay so get him out of low percent with grab, aerials, a full set of needles, d-smash (if you can make it multi-hit), or up tilt (if he's directly above you). Then at like 30% you can f-tilt and knock him over and do grab or dash attack or whatever combos until he dies. Dash attack is also good at 30%.

By doing not grab moves you'll get him to block so then you mix up grab.

Dash dance grab is also effective, as is aerial > grab, and needles > grab. Up tilt > grab is amazing at low percents if they jump above you a lot. Comboing into grab is really good.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Hehe never noticed that topic, now I can't wait for you to write the rest ;)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I recorded myself talking about the nuances of the Falco MU (wound up being like 40 mins, although there were a lot of pauses) and wrote probably 1/3 of it.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Why you gotta be suck a c*cktease KK? I've been waiting for you to finish this thread forever! You're one of the few top players I've EVER seen on the boards to post quality in-depth discussion.

AZ loves you <3

Top Bottom