• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KirbyKaze's Sheik MU Guide - POSTPONED INDEFINITELY

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
in my experience dsmash should always get falcon/ganon upb if you time it right.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, if you're taking on the Spacies' sideB, dsmash gives more room for error in the timing, especially since one of her legs is invincible on startup. Dtilt seems to be slower and obviously does not last as long, so it would be harder to intercept them with it.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
i use dsmash, invinicibility frames ftw

new question: let's say your in the following scenario against a spacie, you grab them near the ledge and throw them off, they go into a shine stall predicting that you will go for a gimp. what's the best option for maximum coverage? take the ledge and bair?

stelzig

Smash Lord
It isn't as simple to catch someone shinestalling with. The point of that in the first place is to mess with your timing.

Edit: ooooooh 1111 posts.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
**** with what is the point of this discussion. thanks for your contribution tho

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What's wrong w/ run off fair?
Fair requires much more precision to land. Not only that, if they shine stall you'll have to wait quite a bit before you can fair and have it connect.

Why not run off bair?

:phone:
Run off bair *can* work, but nair stays out longer and is imo more useful in that given situation.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Fair requires much more precision to land. Not only that, if they shine stall you'll have to wait quite a bit before you can fair and have it connect.

Run off bair *can* work, but nair stays out longer and is imo more useful in that given situation.
I guess one could DJ fair with Sheik to up the precision. Also, I like run off bair cuz it can stage spike, but if they tech, you probably didn't do much. Nair might be the best option...

stelzig

Smash Lord
Unless I've been imagining a completely wrong situation, then run-off Bair should still be for the weak hit in front of you and not to stage spike. If they're that close to the stage I would probably rather go with some edgehog stuff/wavedash off or needles (maybe dsmash).
I also don't see how you would have time to just run off and DJ fair maybe unless you are calling them on the shinestall, but then the DJ shouldn't be that important anyway. The Fair just doesn't really have any advantages either as all 3 aerials will net you the kill if you hit them - Fair is just slightly slower and has a hitbox that only last for 3 frames (with the full animation only being 4-6 frames shorter).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so do other sheiks like trying to combo weak aerials, or do they just come off as a distraction to the rest of you?

weak nair -> things is fun to me, and weak reverse bair to fair is fun too.

i feel like weak uair would do things, but i'm really bad at remembering uair exists. if someones above me i just fair :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
so do other sheiks like trying to combo weak aerials, or do they just come off as a distraction to the rest of you?

weak nair -> things is fun to me, and weak reverse bair to fair is fun too.

i feel like weak uair would do things, but i'm really bad at remembering uair exists. if someones above me i just fair :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQtB__DcTs#t=4m46s

Uhhh, I like doing weak bair/nair --> fair/nair/d-smash at the end of my combos.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
YL is faster and probably gives Sheik more trouble with his projectile camping. Also, YL's dash attack kills (although it's laggy) while Link's does nothing of the sort. Oh, and I feel like YL's recovery is just loads better, even though he has the shorter grapple.
YLink dies earlier, can't outspace basically any of her moves, and Link has way more finishers.

Link's Dash A to an aerial > Ylink's dash attack.

Ylink has the same problem with Fox/Falcon where Sheik is just to fast and can keep up with him. I would figure people would assume the Link variant that can actually fight up close would be better vs her. That or I'm playing vs Sheiks wrong.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
YLink dies earlier, can't outspace basically any of her moves, and Link has way more finishers.
The CG on YL stops at like 40 or so. The CG on Link stops at like 90. This is a big difference. Link sucks at outspacing her moves. Link's finishers still suck and you don't need many finishers vs Sheik. You just need a way to put her off the level and repeat until KO percent.

If this is a serious point, it's a tiny one. I don't even agree with it anyway; I think YL's dash attack is more useful at high percents and as a way to push her offstage (Link is slow and crappy and can't even follow his dash attack effectively with a substantial horizontal move in a lot of situations).

I would rather hit Sheik offstage or force her into positions where she needs to tech than combo her upwards.

Ylink has the same problem with Fox/Falcon where Sheik is just to fast and can keep up with him. I would figure people would assume the Link variant that can actually fight up close would be better vs her. That or I'm playing vs Sheiks wrong.
Both of them are atrocious at fighting Sheik. YL is better at running away though and annoying her for having crappy aerial mobility so I think he's harder. Both of them have no business playing a combat game vs her but since Link doesn't have a choice and he's basically stuck fighting her 'cuz of his non-existent movement you can just do basic combat stuff and **** him.

YL is also harder to grab because he's going to be on the platforms for like 80% of the game.

bubbaking

Smash Hero

If I were YL, I probably wouldn't worry too much about outspacing any of her moves. If a Sheik were on top of me, I'd try some oos shenanigan, hope it worked, and resume my projectile camping. :p Also, this may sound weird, but approaching a YL who's about to boomerang is kinda tricky. Screw up and you eat around 16% and you get combo'd. I actually dislike the boomerang more than the bomb. Bomb is easy to see coming and easy to stop. Also, as I said earlier, YL's dash attack kills. Which of Link's aerials other than dair do that at reasonable percent? YL's dsmash also sends foes at a much nicer, horizontal trajectory, and his dtilt looks pretty sick when you get the meteor smash off. :cool:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
what do the sheik gods think about using u-smash to punish tech in place (specifically against spacies and other characters with really quick punishes after they tech) ?

Bing

Smash Master
How the heck do you have MBR? XD

Also, It probably wouldnt be such a bad thing, provided its timed right, atleast getting them up in the air can lead to a further punish.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hertz is in the MBR to help with the Elo project. Hes been in since fall.

edit- Same with Ziv and a few others.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@bubbaking: look at ssbpd.com (shoutouts to foxlisk)

@drephen: i'm re-read ministries tech-chasing guide, i guess u-smash is too slow to use on reaction in a tech-chase. of course dsmash is the correct option :D

I am starting to wonder about using u-smash it to punish missed techs. a lot of falcons have learned to sdi the jab-reset. thoughts/better options?

gm jack

Smash Lord
@bubbaking: look at ssbpd.com (shoutouts to foxlisk)

@drephen: i'm re-read ministries tech-chasing guide, i guess u-smash is too slow to use on reaction in a tech-chase. of course dsmash is the correct option :D

I am starting to wonder about using u-smash it to punish missed techs. a lot of falcons have learned to sdi the jab-reset. thoughts/better options?
It works if you predict it, and leads into disgustingly good combos. Same as for any tech option (though chasing a tech away with it probably shouldn't work).

Dsmash has uses, but really just isn't that good a move.

Drephen

Smash Master
It works if you predict it, and leads into disgustingly good combos. Same as for any tech option (though chasing a tech away with it probably shouldn't work).

Dsmash has uses, but really just isn't that good a move.
you are dumb

Top Bottom