• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I PM two mods that work on this board, what you want me to do, PM them all? XD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far, the only problems with this stage is that characters with awesome spikes can be a nuisance, other than that, Kirby can take just about every advantage in this stage as his favor.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I dont like certains character's abilities to camp behind some of the walls in this stage, the walk of parts, and the water. Other than that its fine with me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I dont like certains character's abilities to camp behind some of the walls in this stage, the walk of parts, and the water. Other than that its fine with me.
lol, you are right when it come's to that, but the water parts is hard to deal with on big characters, the walls isn't a big deal if you come from the air, and the walk parts is good for great ground characters, hmm, this stage might be four star material.

Lovely

Smash Lord
lol, you are right when it come's to that, but the water parts is hard to deal with on big characters, the walls isn't a big deal if you come from the air, and the walk parts is good for great ground characters, hmm, this stage might be four star material.

Not so fast, the stage doesn't stay in the same area until maybe like 30 sec. So it's not too simple to take advantage of Kirby in the walk areas and water, since this stage is mostly in the air, I'll say keep it as five star. ♥

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
Corneria will change to two star since it's not a complete nightmare, but this is one of Kirby's worst stages don't forget, I will start writing a bio when half of the stages are done, alright next stage:

5th Stage: Delfino Plaza

Currently ☆☆☆☆☆

If you ever played on this stage a lot, you'll notice that this is one of Kirby's best stages, he can use just about all the advantages he has on this stage, like Rock Slide, under the stage attack, etc. Before I continue to rant... discuss.

I think ness would have a advantage over kirby here though, if you can read what your opponets kirby would do on this stage then its a easy spike or throw to set up a easy spike.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Not so fast, the stage doesn't stay in the same area until maybe like 30 sec. So it's not too simple to take advantage of Kirby in the walk areas and water, since this stage is mostly in the air, I'll say keep it as five star. ♥
You do hold a point, this stage is mostly in the air and Kirby has a great time collecting damage under the stage or so. But Kirby's not that bad of a ground fighter, it's just the water part might give him a problem, but with his five/six jump's, that's not a big deal.

I think ness would have a advantage over kirby here though, if you can read what your opponets kirby would do on this stage then its a easy spike or throw to set up a easy spike.
I'm aware of that since Ness is one of my mains and we were not too long ago talking about character's with good or godly spikes. Kirby can't easily get spiked by Ness unless he hit's the water or you catch him off gard in the air, but what are the odds of that happaning in this stage? I'll say around 35% of the time in the air and 58% if Kirby hits the water.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
You do hold a point, this stage is mostly in the air and Kirby has a great time collecting damage under the stage or so. But Kirby's not that bad of a ground fighter, it's just the water part might give him a problem, but with his five/six jump's, that's not a big deal.

I'm aware of that since Ness is one of my mains and we were not too long ago talking about character's with good or godly spikes. Kirby can't easily get spiked by Ness unless he hit's the water or you catch him off gard in the air, but what are the odds of that happaning in this stage? I'll say around 35% of the time in the air and 58% if Kirby hits the water.

Well you can get him in air pretty easily if you can get a pk fire on him, I'd say 75%+ more in the water depending on how good you can control ness and his spike timing

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
this is a great stage for kirby, brick to the water, many sections of the stage allow for jabbing against a wall, other parts of the stage you have to be careful of b/c the sides of the stage are close, during the normal part of the stage u can attack from underneath. I really like this stage 5 stars!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well you can get him in air pretty easily if you can get a pk fire on him, I'd say 75%+ more in the water depending on how good you can control ness and his spike timing
75+ is too high, even if you trap him in the PK Fire, you can simpley DI out of it and avoid getting it under his sweet spot on his D-Air. The only way it would be 75+ is if you Brawl a Kirby that has little to no good exprance with Ness's PK Fire or fighting Ness at the matter. Ness spike isn't easy to land on Kirby like Ike's or Ganondorf's spikes.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I haven't thought of jabbing against the wall. The Stone on the water is a funny way to catch a person of gard, lol. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
A lot of good points on this stage, I'm going to leave it as a no change. Alright, time to move on:

6th Stage: Distant Planet

Currently ☆☆☆☆

I haven't had too many Kirby fight's here, so I'm very clueless about this stage, so this rating might be over/under rating. Of course I'll try to match one of my friends and see how well Kirby does on this stage. Anyways, start. ^_^;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
? I haven't thought of jabbing against the wall. The Stone on the water is a funny way to catch a person of gard, lol. ?
You can SDI out of that. Not saying it's a bad idea, for it still racks up damage, but it's not an infinite. The only place I've seen it truly lock is in the center of the rock stage on PS1, since there are walls on both sides that stop them from SDIing behind you and out of your abnormally shaped hitbox.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That's if she starts at the sliding. Have anyone tried the drill kick a foe to a Bulborb or use Stone on the sliding part of the stage?

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
okay good point.
on the new stage i have done the rock down the hill
it didnt work to well =/ but im not that good with kirby even though id like to be

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, just got done playing this stage with my friends while playing Kirby, I might change this stage to a ☆☆☆ because I don't see too many advatages for Kirby on this stage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What's a Bulborb?

Why is this stage even legal in some areas :'(

Lovely

Smash Lord
Why is this stage even legal in some areas :'(
I think it's the same reason why Yoshi's Island (Past) isn't legal in some area's, but that's my guess. ♥

I'll say this stage is bad if your character slides a lot, kind of like Luigi, but Kirby can take advantage over and under the stage, I'll say this is King Dedede's best stage, but I'll give it a four star. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
We can shark under the stage here too, and Fsmash kills ridiculously easily on that hill, and Bair wirks pretty well.

I would think that it would be easy to spit them into the bulborb (I've never tried it though), but otherwise that thing doesn't really help us.

You can Kirbycide by standing with an opponent on the Bulborb as it walks away.

The water limits the opponent's options by a lot, while not really hurting us.

We also get projectiles on this stage, but so do our opponents...

All in all, this is a meh stage... Ceiling's a bit too low for my liking though.

Also, Asdioh, why wouldn't this stage be legal? I can't say I like it, but there's really no reason for it not to be.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
We can shark under the stage here too, and Fsmash kills ridiculously easily on that hill, and Bair wirks pretty well.

I would think that it would be easy to spit them into the bulborb (I've never tried it though), but otherwise that thing doesn't really help us.

You can Kirbycide by standing with an opponent on the Bulborb as it walks away.

The water limits the opponent's options by a lot, while not really hurting us.

We also get projectiles on this stage, but so do our opponents...

All in all, this is a meh stage... Ceiling's a bit too low for my liking though.
Ok, i read the posts this time ^^
Things i thought you left out:
-I find that it's easy for kirby to gimp people on the right side, unless that huge bug thing is there.
-Drilling your opponent into the water is a win, because since this stage isn't picked often, chances are your opponent is going to try and grab the edge anyway.
-You can take the fight on that bug thing's head and usually win. You can easily float away when that thing rushes out, leaving your opponent in the dust. If he does make it out on time, you can gimp him with your often superior aerial mobility before grabbing the edge, making for a good K.O.
-The same thing goes for when it opens its mouth, you can float away and drill them in, leading for a very lol replay ^^

Percon

Smash Lord
Um... this is a bad stage if you're fighting a Metaknight :(

You can hit them from under the stage but I think other characters do it better than Kirby.

Uh... the leaves are kind of neat. If you dthrow them and they land on a leaf (or do something else and get them to land on their back on a leaf), they'll

1) Have no space to roll left or right

2) Start falling

So you can comfortably charge a forward smash (up-angled?) and get 'em with it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ouch, I just remember that I faced Overswarm's Meta Knight on Distant Planet and lost a close battle when he chose Meta Knight, I guess Meta Knight is a five star on this stage. )=

That's some nice info you have Percon.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good stuff guys.

Yeah, I don't really play this stage much... I've heard Ike is pretty good there though, since the items allow him to force an enemy approach if he gains control of them (that and his item boost is insane, though I don't know how much that'll help on this stage.).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll leave Distant Planet as a no change, let's move on to the next stage:

7th Stage: Frigate Orpheon

Currently ☆☆☆

Well, I don't see too many opportunities Kirby can use in this stage. If any of you play this stage for a living, let's hear it.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You have a dtilt lock on the right side when the platform's down, the invisible floors appear if you uthrow on the moving platforms, and if you dthrow them when they stage flips, they get a weird grab release that puts them under the stage.

And don't CP this vs rob.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I love this stage personally.

-It's very easy to gimp off the right side due to the lack of edges.
-Dthrow can spike them under the stage for some weird reason when the stage flips.
-Grab release infinite on the wall to the right when the platform goes down (well, infinite until the platform rises. You can also jab combo (which is still SDI-able) or possibly Dtilt lock.).
-Very easy to spit people out under the stage.
-Grab/inhale people on the side platforms for an easy Kirbycide, or just do a smash on those platforms before they move away for easy kills.
-Limited recovery options make gimping (or aerial hammer kills) that much easier.
-You can cutter spike people attempting to recover vertically through the floor of that rising platform on the right.
-Did I mention how easy it is to gimp people here?

Don't bring ROB here though. This is a GREAT ROB stage.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm going to start posting on the second post that I left on this thread later on today, it's going to have what characters is best for the stage's I posted already.

I'll take word of fromundaman advice as pro right now on the current stage. I have yet to play a competive round on a tourney on this stage, I'll try competive friendlies and see if there's more advantages for Kirby.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I used to hate this stage* but I like it now. I give it four stars.

Basically everything fromundaman
but not A1lion
said.

It's good against characters that have poor recoveries, since they get stuck under the stage extremely easily. It's just a good layout for Kirby in general, too. Except against ROB, his laser goes everywhere, and he can camp really well -_-

It would be nice if the ceiling and sides were a bit closer....on second thought, I give this a 4.5 :p

*I used to hate it because one time I did a Final Cutter right before the stage flipped. I landed, it flipped, I fell to my death in the "helpless" blinking animation. DON'T DO THAT!

Pink Murder said:
A1loin835
XD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You have the most pedophile-ish sig I've seen in my life. Forreal.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*starts the "people who have called me A1loin835" list*
It's not a mistake XD

Also, wow, Asdioh, your sig is kinda... yeah...

Finally, yeah, A1, I did repeat some of the stuff you said. I'm giving more weight to your arguement? I don't know. I read your post, but it was all in one line so it completely slipped my mind the moment I was done with it and I just made my own list. :laugh:

Top Bottom