• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kitchencabinets' 3.6beta bug report

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Posted this on reddit. Reposting here with better formatting for visibility. Version is vanilla 3.6beta. Method is Homebrew on a Wii. Roughly listed in order of importance. The red B is for bug, while the yellow P is for personal opinion. Orange ? is for when I don't know.

B Mario Kart ROB's gyro has draw-priority issues. It disappears when in front of certain platforms, for example, the main platforms on Delfino Plaza.

B Wolf still uses one of his Japanese voice clips for his tech-in-place.

B Some assets for the blue Samus recolor haven't been updated to match the brightened textures. This includes the stock icon, the CSP, the BP, and the RSP.

B Marth's green alt with no gold trim on the pants still has a specular map for the pants, i.e., the green alt has shiny pants, but it's not supposed to.

B Battle portraits still have one empty pixel on the bottom and left borders. Noticeable with red Ganondorf on Melee BF.

B If Snake takes knockback mid-crouch-tilt, he'll keep holding his knife until the next time he stands. It doesn't have a hitbox, though, so no big deal.

? You can't grab the edge of the main platform on Peach's Castle 64. I might be remembering this wrong, but I think you could grab it in 64 when the moving bar was on the other side.

P Zebes' lava is really bright and bound to cause eyestrain if you play on the stage for more than a few minutes.

B Dry Bowser's right eye or both eyes disappear during his hurt animation and most of his attacks.

B Fox's right eye highlight is still hidden under his eyelid in most of his animations, including his basic standing animation.

P A chain and a building block your view while recovering from the left on Bowser's Castle and Saffron City HD respectively. Not a huge issue since neither is competitive.

B A tiny bit of Toon Link's sword pokes out of his sword glow when using dair. Just needs a slight model tweak for the glow.
EDIT: This is actually stage-dependent. It's apparent on Delfino's Secret, less apparent on Peach's Castle HD, and it doesn't happen at all on Melee BF. Don't know about other stages.

? The specular effect for Toon Link's Hero's Charm looks very odd. It completely obscures the base texture at a lot of angles.

B The music for Peach's Castle 64 has a second of complete silence at the start. The Rainbow Cruise track is fine, though.

? The fireballs on Bowser's castle jitter up and down when they rise and fall. Not sure if this is intentional.

? Roy sounds like 5% quieter for some reason.

B Sonic's Tails alt has a yellow-green stock icon for some reason. Easy to see now that it's next to the BP in-game.

B Party hat Pikachu has a bright purple hat in his stock icon, a pale purple hat in-game, and a pale blue hat in his CSP.

B Concept Meta Knight's shoe-straps use a completely black texture. Apparently, this issue is already known.

? The sky turns oddly pale between time transitions on Saffron City HD. This is probably because both skies are being overlayed and faded out/in simultaneously, which causes white to become the most noticeable color.

P vBrawl issue here, but swimming on Jungle Japes looks really weird. The bright blue splash texture is out of place and the water is opaque for the klaptrap stage hazard, but transparent for characters.

? Both versions of Castle Siege have this great flowing water effect on the moat, but it pauses whenever the camera is moving for some reason.

P Background transitions on Melee BF take a little too long. It feels weird when the background just disappears for a while. Some kind of subtle background detail that stays between transitions might make things less jarring.

P White Mr. L is in need of some AO to make distinguishing parts of the costume easier.

P The fence in the background on Saffron HD needs more space between the posts, because it looks like a solid white plane at Brawl's 640 x 480 resolution. It also seems really tall. The fences on Onett don't have these issues, so you can reference them for a fix; notice how they don't overpower the background?

B Falco's announcer call is delayed by a fraction of a second. Squirtle's might also be, but it's hard to tell because of how it's said.

B OoT Zelda still has extremely minor issues with her hurt face, although the one on the nose seems less noticeable than before. Wouldn't really care if this isn't fixed. You can't see it unless you look for it.

EDIT: Five more.

B Mario Kart ROB's bottom portion flickers with a black overlay on Delfino Plaza. The issue goes away if you die and respawn, but it comes back seemingly at random. Note that respawning will not fix it in All-Star Versus, so MK ROB's .pcs file is somehow less buggy than his .pac, though this could also just be because of differences in how they're loaded.

B Zebes' base platform is full of flickery seams. This becomes especially noticeable when the lava rises. None of the other N64 stages have this problem. There's a seam on the far right corner that notably doesn't flicker, so refer to that when fixing this.

P ROB alts' stock icons could use darker or thicker black outlines. The current outlines barely show up on bright stages. Note that I'm playing on a Wii, so the low resolution likely makes this problem worse.

B Sonic's left eye highlight still doesn't animate properly during his up taunt.

B Some corner seams on the tower and stone base of Peach's Castle 64 have a brightly-lit line running along them.

EDIT: Last two.

B Lucas' new taunt causes so much hitstun that if you land it, then grab, then grab release, the victim can move around like normal while still shaking from the hitstun.

B The CSP for Ivysaur's black recolor has leaves that are yellow on the bottom and top. The bottom is brown in-game.

EDIT: I lied. Three more.

? Luigi's green fire effect makes characters flash orange-red instead of green.

? Ninja Squirtle's clothing textures seem a lot darker in-game than they are in his CSP.

B Sigurd Marth has gloves in-game, but not in his CSP.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
* You can't grab the edge of the main platform on Peach's Castle 64. I might be remembering this wrong, but I think you could grab it in 64 when the moving bar was on the other side.
Remembering wrong. The ledges aren't grab-able.

* The music for Peach's Castle 64 has a second of complete silence at the start. The Rainbow Cruise track is fine, though.
This is how a lot of music slots function in Brawl. Not all slots immediately play the song, but rather starts the track after the countdown.

* Zebes' lava is really bright and bound to cause eyestrain if you play on the stage for more than a few minutes.

* Background transitions on Melee BF take a little too long. It feels weird when the background just disappears for a while. Some kind of subtle background detail that stays between transitions might make things less jarring.

* White Mr. L is in need of some AO to make distinguishing parts of the costume easier.

* The fence in the background on Saffron HD needs more space between the posts, because it looks like a solid white plane at Brawl's 640 x 480 resolution. It also seems really tall. The fences on Onett don't have these issues, so you can reference them for a fix; notice how they don't overpower the background?
These are more nitpicks than bugs.

Last edited:

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
This is how a lot of music slots function in Brawl. Not all slots immediately play the song, but rather starts the track after the countdown.
They should really normalize that. It's unnecessary and jarring.
These are more nitpicks than bugs.
I don't know the PMDT's standards for quality control, so I just report everything.

Also, one more:
B Falco's announcer call is delayed by a fraction of a second. Squirtle's might also be, but it's hard to tell because of how it's said.

I'll add it to the header post, too, just in case.

EDIT: Added five more bugs to the header post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom