• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kizzu's Edgeguard Videos

metroid1117

Smash Master
I open this topic with a disclaimer: THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS WERE NOT MADE BY ME. ALL CREDIT GOES TO KIZZU. I saw these videos a couple of weeks ago, thought they were interesting, and waited to see if anyone in the Marth boards was going to bring them up. Several weeks later...

Dancing Blade Edgeguard Pt. 1

Dancing Blade Edgeguard Pt. 2

Shield Breaker from Throw Edgeguard
- This one is similar to Captain Falcon's drop zone, except it relies on the mindgame that you'll FSmash if they jump immediately.

Again, THESE ARE NOT MINE. THEY ARE KIZZU'S. I asked him why he was making these videos, and he replied, "Just showing up what I've researched so far, since Melee still active until Brawl. ^^" " (The first " is part of Kizzu's face.)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Those are interesting vids. Most people don't expect Marth to come out off the ledge, especially with something OTHER than a ledgehopped b-air.
I plan to put some of these techniques to use. ^_^

Kizzu is too good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've used the dancing blade edgeguard for a couple of months now <_<

Its a pretty well known edgeguard.

The Shieldbreaker one was nifty

Adi

Smash Lord
How is the dancing blade and shield breaker more useful than simply substituting them with bairs or fairs.

AS Money

Smash Lord
change of pace

flashy

looks sweet

makes opponent feel like **** because they god killed by marth's Up B

Metà

Smash Master
How is the dancing blade and shield breaker more useful than simply substituting them with bairs or fairs.
Dancing blade: You can hit them with a fast move while off the edge, and not fall during it. How is that not awesome?

Shield breaker: Mindgames, son

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shieldbreaker hits more area sweeping out than just going out with a fair..not sure which is faster though...would a fastfalled fair work just as well? the fair doesn't cover above you though very well

metroid1117

Smash Master
shieldbreaker hits more area sweeping out than just going out with a fair..not sure which is faster though...would a fastfalled fair work just as well? the fair doesn't cover above you though very well
I think it's because 1) shieldbreaker lasts longer and 2) if you tip with FAir, you'll pop them up and they'll be too far away to follow through with reverse Dolphin Slash.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't think I've even seen Eddie use Marth. o_0
eddie plays marth these days in tourney.

anyways, m2k has been doing this **** for a long time (especially at low % gimp kills, and they dont DI away from the stage, he drops down, sidebs and perhaps does it a second time for good measure before upbing ftw.

oh yea, fair is so much faster than shield breaker.

Top Bottom