• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knights of the Drowned Kingdom [HQ]

MIRN

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been covered, but I looked around and did not see anything posted about the rules for the tournaments (other than best 3 out of 5).

Are there any guidelines or settings for these tourny games? For example, items or no items; and if items, on what setting (high/mid/low) and are there any banned items? Banned stages or are all stages okay? If there are no guidelines yet, do we just play by the player's rules that are chosen?

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been covered, but I looked around and did not see anything posted about the rules for the tournaments (other than best 3 out of 5).

Are there any guidelines or settings for these tourny games? For example, items or no items; and if items, on what setting (high/mid/low) and are there any banned items? Banned stages or are all stages okay? If there are no guidelines yet, do we just play by the player's rules that are chosen?
The rules are likely to be "No items, Final Destination (Battlefield?) only"

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im maining toon link. can i join?

my fc is in the name, anything else i need to add? ill be mad avtice and play and contribute. thanks bro

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Twilight hero and kabyk... added you.

Man, I never get to play anyone is except tahtah.
LOL. I was trying to join with Tahtah, but it kept saying he wasn't on even though he was or he just never showed. Dunno what it was.

Use a Lan Adapter if you want to reduce lag. In my case the lag is now only half of what it was before.
Nice. I'm considering one of those.

Very F*cking nice first tourney !!!
:)
ROFL. Basically, an all TL tourney. Actually, I haven't read the post yet, but I'm assuming.

Lol, the time will come when you'll lose your house having to pay so much for your energy bill.
LOL.

The rules are likely to be "No items, Final Destination (Battlefield?) only"
Forget Battlefield. FD for life!

I always like to refer to this
W...T...F...?

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I'm gonna assume it's...
No items, fox only, final destination.
Erm.. scratch the fox part.

MIRN

Smash Cadet
No items & FD is certainly fine by me, I figured as much but thought I'd clarify. I assume it's a stock battle so how many? I usually play on 5.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
No items & FD is certainly fine by me, I figured as much but thought I'd clarify. I assume it's a stock battle so how many? I usually play on 5.
Sounds absolutely perfect to me. It's how I always play.

Here's a potential issue: Can both people be the same color? If everyone's being TL, we're bound to run into color issues if you can't. He only has six costumes! And there's twenty-four of us. Just saying.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Ready set...
DIBS ON BLUE

I think there'll be a dispute on black, lol.

No items, Toonie only, on WarioWare.

Wait, what?
Pitfalls, rolling crates and smart bombs on high, Toon Link only, on Distant Planet

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Ready set...
DIBS ON BLUE

I think there'll be a dispute on black, lol.

Pitfalls, rolling crates and smart bombs on high, Toon Link only, on Distant Planet
Nah, the black costume blows. I call red!

Smart Bombs? More like Dumb Bombs. Seriously, it's so easy to hit yourself with those!

Dragoons and Smash Balls on High, Toon Link only, on either Bridge of Eldin or Pokémon Stadium 2.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Sorry, I forgot. Thought it would be implied.

Best 3 out of 5.
No items.
4 Stock. No time limit.
Legit stages: Everything except the REALLY crazy ones like WarioWare. Minor hazardous stages are allowed, like Skyworld and such.

EDIT: PaperLink, PM me the specific situation you're having.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Sorry, I forgot. Thought it would be implied.

Best 3 out of 5.
No items.
4 Stock. No time limit.
Legit stages: Everything except the REALLY crazy ones like WarioWare. Minor hazardous stages are allowed, like Skyworld and such.

EDIT: PaperLink, PM me the specific situation you're having.
What about Toonie's own stage? And PL, I wanna know your problem too. We're supposed to fight.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
PL has internet issues.
Anyway, does that mean we fight every opponent in best out of 5?

Say...
Person 1 fought Person 2
Person 1 fought Person 3
Person 1 fought Person 4

Would that mean that person 1 has to fight person 2 in a best of 5, then fight person 3 in a best of 5, etc.?

(By the way, I'm free for friendlies right now, just add my friends code and PM to add yours)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
No, Stelfe. I might add an additional Round, but everyone fighting everyone is a lot of mandatory matches. The 3 rounds are the only matches, at this current point in time, that will count towards the "tournament".

The VS matches I randomly chose. Although I am keeping a record of who is fighting who. So next tournament you won't fight the same people.

It's cool DB.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Ichida. I already said, if nobody has a problem, you can join. But as I recall, a couple people did have issues, so clear them up first. Then come back and confirm.
I've tried to settle it. Nobody will listen to reason there. Their main argument - that I didn't pay for my share of the food at a local event - wasn't even true. People like that aren't the type of people I prefer to Smash with, which is one reason I came seeking other organizations.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Fine by me that he joins. I recall that there is only 1 certain someone that has a problem.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Some tidbits on the Tournament:

-LAG!!!! All online Brawl matches have lag. It's just something we must all deal with. However, if the lag is SO intense that you cannot even do anything in an agreeable manner, tell me, and I will switch your opponents.

-PaperLink is going to be replaced. Either by BurningLava or Will. So hold on T.Hero.

Ichida, I'm going to add you. However, there is an odd number of members for the tournament. You will have to wait for the next one.

Generic

Smash Rookie
Sorry I haven't been on in a couple days and was wondering if I could join. (I posted my info a couple of days ago). Btw, about my Brawl name, I didn't get what it meant so I guess you could add me as "Apple".

Ichida

Smash Ace
Sorry I haven't been on in a couple days and was wondering if I could join. (I posted my info a couple of days ago). Btw, about my Brawl name, I didn't get what it meant so I guess you could add me as "Apple".
"Brawl name" = in-game tag. What will show over your head in battle.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
How do you guys like my new sig?
It's good, I like it. Where'd you get it?

Some tidbits on the Tournament:

-LAG!!!! All online Brawl matches have lag. It's just something we must all deal with. However, if the lag is SO intense that you cannot even do anything in an agreeable manner, tell me, and I will switch your opponents.

-PaperLink is going to be replaced. Either by BurningLava or Will. So hold on T.Hero.

Ichida, I'm going to add you. However, there is an odd number of members for the tournament. You will have to wait for the next one.
All right. Sounds good.

*waits for Lord post*

EDIT: Kabyk, I just remembered. You have my in-game hover name listed as twi.h, but there were underscores, so I went with twi_h instead. Can you change that? It's a minor thing, it can wait. Just thought I'd ask.

Top Bottom