• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckle Joe For Super Smash Bros. (Confirmed Assist Trophy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
As much I as I love supporting characters with low chances, I'm going to have to pass on this one.
A lot of Kirby's A-moves are based on Fighter Kirby, which is the copy ability he gets when he absorbs Knuckle Joe, so we already have a bunch of KJ's moves in Smash.
Not to mention we already have a full boxer character, Little Mac. One boxer is hard enough to make unique, but making TWO different boxing characters be unique from each other and the rest of the roster would be quite a challenge, even for Sakurai.

I'm sorry, but considering the Kirby series has a HUGE cast of characters that would each bring something new to the table, I won't be supporting this one.
Well excuss my nerdiness, but Knuckle Joe isn't a "boxer" or Little Mac, he is a MIXED MARTIAL Artist in the styles of Judo, Muay Thai and Karate, that means he fights with more than just his fists.

And to your first statement, that never stopped Sakurai from having clone or similar characters who shared moves in previous games and for all we know, this game too. Kirby is alot slower than Joe, and shares very few moves of moves with Knuckle Joe..
but to each his own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom