• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOing with a smile

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright so I was ******* around in training moed and came up with this, well stumbled upon. An auto reversing aerial egg lay, may be common knowledge but the KO and edge gaurding id amazing, the bacwards momentum can push you w fourth of a way across FD so you can grab that ledge before they do. Also, lipping their *** with an egg lay, do a reverse aerial egg lay after jumping of the ;edge and get them hung under FD in an egg. The best thing is I KO'd the crap outta my cousin with this a few minutes ago. Go off stage wait until they are a little by you, you facing the off screen, and then RAEL, and guess what, they are almost assured to die since they drop in the egg for a bit. I got him at 13% and lower 4 times in a row.

So have fun with this guys. Yoshicide FTW, cept Yoshi don't die. XD Take that Kirby!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait Wait Wait.... What?

I don't know this reverse EggLay thing, Video PleasE?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Get online with me Mmac, and I'll show you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DP, new find.

You know how the best piece of Yoshi wisdom is to never egg roll off the stage onto the platform edge? Well it might be a good thing...I've yet to try and see if it spikes them off or anything, but there is a certain spot on all stages that breaks your egg and gives you enough time to auto grab the ledge. So far it worked on FD and SV, I've yet to try other stages, I tried not to, post two threads btw. XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, we'll wait then.

I gotta show Les this Egg Roll bomb anyway.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd like a vid to see. Sounds like something I did once on accident and we both had our wtf face on.

bigman40

Smash Master
I did it a while ago. The timing will let you grab the ledge since he gets out of the animation of the egg roll. If someone can figure out the time when it needs to be released, then it might be more useful if it's not too hard.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It'd ridiculous, I couldn't find the timing.

But Mmac, I kept messing up. =O

Chaco

Never Logs In
No. I'm just saying, that once the frames go out, on the fall while the tongue goes in you can grab the ledge, when you don't have someone in your mouth. I was mostly pointing out the reversing egg lay.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
chaco, you got to show me this sometime, and we need to get a video up too

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm confused by your description.... Are you saying that you egg lay them while they're off the stage?

I can get a video up if someone will play me online and do it

Chaco

Never Logs In
I know.

But what you do, is you only do a single jump and hit the analog stick in the opposite direction then press B, and you do a reversing egg lay, or RAEL, which works really well since you can recover after getting them with it way off stage. It works well in 70% and up.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I thought B-reversal was hitting B then SLAMMING the stick in the other direction. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Defender

Smash Rookie
OK, so it works like this?

-The opponent has been knocked off of the left side of the stage, and Yoshi is standing on the left edge of the stage, facing left. Yoshi then uses a single jump to go after the opponent, still facing left, carries his momentum past the opponent, and then, by pressing the analog stick right and performing the Egg Lay, swallows the opponent and puts him in an egg. Yoshi is now facing to the right and can use his remaining jump and Egg Tosses to make it back to the stage while the opponent first has to break out of the egg before he can attempt to recover.-

What I just described may be nothing like what you are talking about, but it's the best that I could come up with due to my limited data. What's really confusing me is the "reverse" part. Why not just jump out after the opponent and recover backwards?

Anyway, good job with the research, Chaco. I hope this turns into something very useful.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright here we go in depth summary of the RAEL:

-The opponent has been knocked off the stage at a mid ranged percentage and you dash the ledge and jump off at them, as they get by you slam the analog in the opposite direction and release it, as it is released press B. (BTW don't slam just kinda quicker) You turn instantly, it's hard to see the turn and you egg lay them, as they fall to their death you DJ and recover to the stage. Therefore you have just killed them with a simple move that's pretty **** sexy looking.

And Ducky, you are right, but for some reason, this works in the opposite, I stumbled upon it like my other techs. None were intentionalt except the DT, which I still need to master,

Scala

Smash Ace
I was just playing around with it and you push B then the opposite direction, not the direction first. You have to do it quickly to work. Also, pushing the direction before hitting B is dangerous anyways since you risk an accidental egg-roll suicide

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
How guaranteed is this kill? I mean, I'm pretty sure Pit or MK can recover pretty easily if they break out of the egg quickly enough.

I guess my question is, how easy is it to avoid death after getting hit by this?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was just playing around with it and you push B then the opposite direction, not the direction first. You have to do it quickly to work. Also, pushing the direction before hitting B is dangerous anyways since you risk an accidental egg-roll suicide
Yup, both ways work though, I only egg roll with it online though. Offline I'm 100% with it directional inputting first.

Defender

Smash Rookie
Alright here we go in depth summary of the RAEL:

-The opponent has been knocked off the stage at a mid ranged percentage and you dash the ledge and jump off at them, as they get by you slam the analog in the opposite direction and release it, as it is released press B. (BTW don't slam just kinda quicker) You turn instantly, it's hard to see the turn and you egg lay them, as they fall to their death you DJ and recover to the stage. Therefore you have just killed them with a simple move that's pretty **** sexy looking.

And Ducky, you are right, but for some reason, this works in the opposite, I stumbled upon it like my other techs. None were intentionalt except the DT, which I still need to master,
Cool, so I was thinking of it correctly. This may be a really good edge-guarding technique if used properly, so I'll have to be sure to give it a try. Wouldn't it be easier, however, to just jump out after the opponent, use the Egg Lay, and then recover backwards instead of using the RAEL?

Anyway, thanks again, Chaco.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be easier, however, to just jump out after the opponent, use the Egg Lay, and then recover backwards instead of using the RAEL?

Anyway, thanks again, Chaco.
It's called the element of surprise. If you mix up your edgeguarding tactics, most people won't expect to get Egg Lay'd from behind and won't think to airdodge it since they'll think you mistimed your jump.

Chaco

Never Logs In
MINDGAMEZ SON. It's not about being easy all the time.

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
I kinda use this in a different way:
I use this with the pivoting thing. You know, when you dash, turn, jump and Bair? I use dash, turn jump and RAEL. Works great cause people usually dont expect it coming, isnt hard to master and cacels on the ground so you wont be so open in the end. Anyway, thats my humble opinion, feel free to disagree with me anytime.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
o ok i get it so u can egg lay them out farther from the stage w/out having to get behind them
i'll have to try it

Chaco

Never Logs In
SH it, you can't do it directly on the stage.

Wait, yes you can.

Defender

Smash Rookie
It's called the element of surprise. If you mix up your edgeguarding tactics, most people won't expect to get Egg Lay'd from behind and won't think to airdodge it since they'll think you mistimed your jump.
MINDGAMEZ SON. It's not about being easy all the time.
Lol, OK, that's true. I've just never really heard of a non-RAEL version of this being used, so I wasn't quite sure why we were jumping straight to a more difficult version of this technique.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Probably because otherwise its slower, less useful than a normal grab, and more punishable.
I'd be against giving this an acronym if not for there being no way to say it shortly >_<

Chaco

Never Logs In
That was my thoughts to Nacitos, but sadly typing out "Reversal aerial Egg Lay" is annoying, where as RAEL is easier...or we can settles for MINDGAMEZ LAY.

Top Bottom