• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah...basically, because for me, unless i get ***** in the air in a matchup, im always klawing and looking for grab releases. i really dont like using bowser like how hes meant to be [like a tank..well thats at least how i think hes meant to be]. i like being mega agressive :]

well, for a question, do you guys think our grab release game is a(n) advanced trick(s) or basic knowledge?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think theyre advanced tricks based on what you do with them

EDIT

Question: has anyone done any testing to see what Dthrow and Uthrow can lead into?

For example, I can usually sneak a Boozer Bomb after a Uthrow, and firebreath after a Dthrow...

B!squick

Smash Master
Depends on who you're playing against, the person, etc. You can't really really break it down into an across the board thing for everyone. It's good to play defensive and on the ground with Bowser, using Fortress OoS as opposed to the more aggressive play style that everyone seems to have. I mean, if you're playing Bowser the "right" way you would be doing very little WoK.

As for what DThrow and UThrow can lead into, I don't know. Depends on the situation and whatnot. UThrow is a fixed knockback, but they can just DI away or whatever.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Depends on who you're playing against, the person, etc. You can't really really break it down into an across the board thing for everyone. It's good to play defensive and on the ground with Bowser, using Fortress OoS as opposed to the more aggressive play style that everyone seems to have. I mean, if you're playing Bowser the "right" way you would be doing very little WoK.

As for what DThrow and UThrow can lead into, I don't know. Depends on the situation and whatnot. UThrow is a fixed knockback, but they can just DI away or whatever.
ok i understand and i got what i was looking for , howeever i want to created a thread with all the characters plystyle using the example i gave earlier so beginner have a idea how they should fight if they want to com. on a high level. What do you guys think?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Against DK and characters below 15%, since grab releases don't work/pay off, I Down throw and try to follow up with firebreath.

Following a UThrow with a bowser bomb is intersting, I hadn't thought of that. Something to catch people unaware with.

B!squick

Smash Master
ok i understand and i got what i was looking for , howeever i want to created a thread with all the characters plystyle using the example i gave earlier so beginner have a idea how they should fight if they want to com. on a high level. What do you guys think?
Sounds good, though it'd probably be better to do play style types. Like defensive, aggressive, campy, whatever. And then have a list of moves to use, moves to avoid, and situational moves.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good, though it'd probably be better to do play style types. Like defensive, aggressive, campy, whatever. And then have a list of moves to use, moves to avoid, and situational moves.
I never wanted to go in dept with it, but thats a good idea especially for the Pit board

thanks

Dementophobic

Smash Rookie
How come sometimes Bowser's Ftilt will beat Meta's tornado/drill and sometimes it doesn't? Same with Bowser's downB versus tornado, why does it only sometimes work?

Also what should I do to an MK that likes to spam his loop on a flat map like FD? Try and airdodge down?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Uh, I'm gonna have to go with maybe either the spacing of the FTilt isn't right, or you catch the MK at the start of the nado/drill, where it is weakest, and sometimes, you catch it in the middle where it is strongest. The Bowser Bomb...well, if you hit the top of the tornado, it's done. A Dair from above or an attack from the very bottom should take care of it.

Also, uh towards the end, does the nado's priority weaken? If you know about Drill Rush too I guess you can answer that also. I don't feel like testing <.<

With the Down Throw Fire-breath...I haven't really tried that... I have tried the Up Throw Bowser Bomb, because most of the time it does work for a good mindgame...although, if you miss, you're open for ALOT of punishment. Don't rely on it too much...to be honest most of the time I just go for a FAir if they DI to the right of me, or if I see they airdodge, I wait for that, and Bowser Bomb/FAir if they're too far...

BTW, does Bowser's Klaw beat Nado? I remember Gen [LiquidGen] saying something about that...I know it's in the same conditions as FTilt [well most moves of a character beat nado at the startup of it], but I just need clarification.

If they DI so that they end upwards, I try to be fast and UpAir, but I fail at that now, so I just wait for the airdodge and...well, my options are usually pretty open from there, lol.

I have this sudden fascination with NAir btw... <.< And that useless, old and situational Forward Throw CG...I doubt it only works on Marth, but either way, it is pretty useless. :L

Long post eww...

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I recently managed to master the infinite klawhopping for Bowser but despite this I find it hard to use it in real matches..

What and where can I use the move tactically to my advantage? As right now I can't see much reason for using it

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
Klawhopping is a huge part of bowser's game. You can use it to space effectively or you can approach with it. It's great for baiting people and for crossups. Don't use it so much when your opponent has a projectile... Take a peek at some of the bowser videos posted in the video thread. Ninjalink plays a super aggressive bowser and he uses klawhopping a lot.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Klawhopping is a huge part of bowser's game. You can use it to space effectively or you can approach with it. It's great for baiting people and for crossups. Don't use it so much when your opponent has a projectile... Take a peek at some of the bowser videos posted in the video thread. Ninjalink plays a super aggressive bowser and he uses klawhopping a lot.

Okay, thank you very much :chuckle:

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Will bowser always be doomed to playing the second match of my set?

I hate not being able to use my main, but the constant threat of DDD loling all over me is devastating.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I love the Bowser Boards. x]

How many Bowser mains are there, really? I know of like- 4.

In the country world.

Not counting SEAGULL- Mr. I-main-bowser-but-only-use-wolf D:

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
My doubles partner Jupz plays D3 and when I verse him in tournament I usually play Bowser anyway, without infinite it's not horrible but still pretty bad, if necessary though i pull my G&W out.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Lol when I play D3's like most people said the infinite is either banned and whatnot...but it still feels kinda stupid to play against D3 with Bowser anyway...although I still do it.

The only real character I have for most of my issues is R.O.B., and he does pretty darn well. Although I think I may also need someone who doesn't get CG'd by the penguin just for safety measures ;-; And I just played like 2 IC mainers yesterday, with Bowser [so right there you know I was a moron T_T]

...it was Wi-Fi so I doubt it matters, but Jesus Christ I don't think I've ever klawhopped for that long :x

udov

Smash Cadet
Hey, just wanted to know, how often do you Bowser worshippers use wavebounce firebreath during your matches?
Little by little it has turned out to be one of my favorite move, just because it can change the outcome of a match, or just crush the opponent even more than usual, it depends ;p
I wanted to know what you think of this move, if it's as reliable to you as it is to me, etc...

Top Bottom