• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC Smash Reboot! $100 Pot Bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

http://www.njhalo.com/july23.pdf

So I'm the new Smash Coordinator for KOTC. I've been given a lot of freedom and a lot of help with making this a real smash tournament like NY/NJ deserves. I'm hoping this can be a consistent series for us.

I promise this will be a completely different experience compared to previous KOTC Smash Events.

Venue Location:
Hyatt Morristown
3 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ

We'll be using the unity ruleset, in its entirety, which can be found here.

One minor additional rule:
You can't eat or drink in the venue, there are tables just outside the room where you can. This is a hotel rule, not from KOTC or myself.

Setups Information:
I currently have 10 TVs and 6 wiis guaranteed. Ten setups is quite a lot for a NY/NJ event, so we should have plenty of time to get lots of matches in.

Schedule of Events:
Singles Pools: 12 PM
Doubles and Amateur Bracket will follow Singles Pools.
Singles Bracket will begin at the conclusion of Amateur Bracket.

This is designed to ensure every player gets a nice amount of matches.

Monetary Information:
Venue Fee: $10
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry: $20 per team ($10 per player)
Amateur Bracket Entry: $3
You may not enter Amateur Bracket if you qualify for the Singles Bracket.
You must enter Singles to enter the Amateur Bracket.

Payout Structure:
Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
7th: 1.5%
I'm pleased to announce that there will be a $100 Pot Bonus for singles.

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Amateur Bracket:
1st: 30%
2nd: 15%
3rd: 5%
The remaining 50% will be added to the main singles bracket.
The top 2-4, depending on attendance, will be added to the main singles bracket as the bottom 2-4 seeds.

Trifecta Points:
1st: 1200
2nd: 1000
3rd: 900
4th: 800
5th: 700
7th: 600
9th: 490
13th: 340
All other Placings: 10

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'll take this space to address some of the major concerns everyone's had about the KOTC events.

The Space Issue:
Last time, everyone felt cramped and like we were sort of tossed into a corner, trampled by other games, etc. This time, there are two less games (Halo and Gears of War will not be at this event). I have seen a floor plan for this event. I will be there personally setting up to ensure that it remains as promised. We have an entire side of the room to ourselves. We have ten guaranteed setups, there will be absolutely not be any issues with cramping.

Parking:
You can park in the hotel lot and get it validated for the day. I will provide details on this as it gets closer, but this is great news.

As far as KOTC not caring about smash:
KOTC is really interested in becoming a force in the smash brothers community. I assure you everyone there understands the mistakes that have been made, I made them clear. To show some good faith and generate some hype for the event, they are providing a $100 Pot Bonus for this event. Hopefully this a good show of commitment to the Smash Community.

The Different Format:
I know this is a bit different than everyone is used to. Pools will guarantee additional tournament matches, and I hope this will get some of our lesser-known players to come out! The amateur bracket will let those players who don't make it out of pools to experience even more matches, and get a second chance at taking the whole thing.

If you have any additional concerns at all, please, let me know! You know I was very critical of KOTC the last few times around, and I'm convinced. Let me convince you!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Haven't been to a KOTC in a mad long time, cool stuff that Smash is in their sights, good stuff Cheese.

I'mma be there. Stream it, bro. xD

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
We are looking forward to a great partnership with VVV.

The communication with Cheese is amazing so the issue with the room has indeed been addressed, via lay outs and also the rearranging of the games at hand. We put all of our confidence into the directors that we deal with and we are confident that at the end of the day, things will be very good. We are 100% hands off and Cheese will run this show. We hope that this union between KOTC and VVV will be the start of consistant Smash Events with the same director.

There are tons of behind the scenes things that occur that few know about and after talking wtih Cheese, he has a greater understanding. Be well, we look forward to the event, please enjoy the $100 pot bonus too.

KOTC Staff

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I have a very exciting announcement!

This event is going to be the first of what we've coined a "Smash Trifecta". This, and the following two events will form the first Trifecta. For every person that attends, $1 will be added to the Trifecta bonus. The top placers in singles will earn points. These points will be used (after the first event) not only to seed the next events, but to determine the winners of the Trifecta bonus. The distribution of the bonus will be determined shortly.

The point system will be added in the OP.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
I have a very exciting announcement!

This event is going to be the first of what we've coined a "Smash Trifecta". This, and the following two events will form the first Trifecta. For every person that attends, $1 will be added to the Trifecta bonus. The top placers in singles will earn points. These points will be used (after the first event) not only to seed the next events, but to determine the winners of the Trifecta bonus. The distribution of the bonus will be determined shortly.

The point system will be added in the OP.

The Smash TRIFECTA will feature 3 Major Smash events

July 23rd - Stage 1 - "Fury"

Oct 8th - Stage 2 - "Sonic Boom"

Nov 12th - Stage 3 - "Respawn"

There will be three individual event winners along with the TRIFECTA champion that will be determined by adding up the points accumulated in the three events. In other words a person could walk away with the TRIFECTA championship even though he or she did not come in first place at any of the earlier events.

This is something that we hope will be something that we can re start again during the new year. I am looking for an additional sponsor with this project and we are very excited about the potential of this newest Smash promotion.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
this is 10 minutes away from me i like it lol.... false different Morristown thats lame

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
****UPGRADE****

The room we have is two and one half THE SIZE as the confrence center. It costs a bit more but we will need the space!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm really hyped you're coming D. OOS Hype? Pot Bonus! C'mawn!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'll most likely go to this

Also, I love the idea of having an amature tournament. It really is newbie friendly. I'll probably bring a couple of my friends who somewhat play smash who would really like this.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I want to go to this, but my family wants to go to FL for a 5 day vacation involving this date. Good thing is I'm able to stay home and not go if I wanted, but I feel like it would make me feel bad for ditching my family for a tourney.

Seeing that I have a very small chance to make it to the one tourney happening in FL on the same date, it's making me lean more towards staying home to go to this......I also have to give my decision to my parents tonight so they can still reserve the cheap tickets they found.

Anyone able to give me some thoughts about what to do? Cot5 was real fun and I wanna get out to another event sometime soon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Puffster you said this is close to you right? Any chance I can get some housing? idk if I'm bringing anyone yet. Maybe an Xzax or something?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Hype Bump! Lots of the players we don't get to see often have told me they're coming! Get excitedddddddd!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
like who?

puffster do you think you could house me friday night? you said you were close to the venue. also anyone I might drive, maybe some philly players

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yea cheese and chibo you guys have really semmed to out do yourself, you guys really managed to stack this up as one of the most worthwhile tournies I've seen yet. You kept venue and doubles/singles fees the same so the pot doesnt shrink, but offer pools and amatuers brackets which is so ****!!
Then you tack on $100 pot bonus and making this a trifecta so there is MLG "Pro" status kinda feel with the points adding up.

Everythin about this sounds awesome so I will deff be here!!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Thanks ****! Hoping to see everyone there! After Genesis my hype for smash has increased exponentially.

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, plans made to come, and I've got a new teammate. Time to win everything. Oh and there's now VGC for Pokemon, which is insanely hype.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Will there be a decent showing at this? It feels like not many people know about this or w/e......
I'm expecting all of NJ, especially those that rarely attend. Amateur bracket and pools should get everyone out :). I've had verbal IRL commitments to attend from a lot of players.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll see if I can go if I can get a ride. If not, I am not gonna burn alot of cash on NJ transit. **** is hella expensive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm more hyped for Pokemon than anything else, in person pokemon tournaments are nearly impossible to find, especially with a good entry price and prize. And they have singles and vgc.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hold up. Pokemon is only with the actual games, right? Not PO?... :urg:

Anyways, definitely attending. Should be bringing a few others with me, not sure how many yet. Probably bringing a Wii too.

:059:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Hold up. Pokemon is only with the actual games, right? Not PO?... :urg:

Anyways, definitely attending. Should be bringing a few others with me, not sure how many yet. Probably bringing a Wii too.

:059:
Yea it's only the actual games, but "legal" hacks are allowed. The policy is don't ask don't tell.

And hype, bring the world.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Everyone get hyped!

Please remember that Singles is FIRST, so don't be late!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So what other events are going to be at this? I saw you said in the first post that Halo and Gears won't be at this, but they still have Halo scheduled to be at this on their website.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Just making sure. My friend is thinking about going for Halo/COD but he's never been to events like this where you have to pay a venue fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom