• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
i love you kown

im actually goin to hobo17 so we should play im sure youve gotten hella better

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to pass on that offer right now Kown. Maybe sometime next week, or early morning. Cant play mid-day, Im in the process of moving.

kown

Smash Lord
His parents named rogue after a disgusting looking candy bar, therefore, rogue is ugly.

EDIT: ill have tons of videos comin soon. (ithink)

Esca

Smash Champion
Keep arguing and we're gonna leave out more letters, Dughboi.

Dude, I ***** Rogue last night with SAMUS.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Is there a reason why my background for the smashboards is all white now instead of being the usual black kind of color? I havn't changed the setting on the site or anything..

kown

Smash Lord
smashboards has been messing up ever since the genesis thread was spammed to the max...(like one page of posts every 15 seconds)...but its like all fixed now.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Question:
I was watching a bunch of pit vids, Just looking around being bored. And I came to that dash dash wingdash vid. In the vid, Leazard blocked a marths F-smash with WoI and it caused him a bit of lag.. Can that be used effectively? I was thinking it would be to hard to time it right to get it to work that way consistently, but what do you guys think? o.o

If you dont get what Im saying, Heres his vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy1jUsIMHhQ
he did it at 3:14 and again at 6:50

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
first off predicting a Fsmash is not how smash should be played, i think it was Undr who always said Brawl should be played in a responsive state, or else your enemy can always jsut figure you out and make you eat a Fsmash after delaying it a bit

a few more random things
1 Kown i know where you got your name from now
2 I look just like the guy who is my avatar
3 im now bored of speaking in rhyme

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
first off predicting a Fsmash is not how smash should be played, i think it was Undr who always said Brawl should be played in a responsive state, or else your enemy can always jsut figure you out and make you eat a Fsmash after delaying it a bit
Sorry, but I disagree, teh pwns the. "Predicting an F-Smash" is a perfectly fine thing to do, just like predicting a roll is a fine thing to do.

I'm not completely sure what Undr meant by what he said, (I think he just made a bad choice of words) but if playing Brawl in a responsive state means playing Brawl by reacting to your opponent's actions after he has executed it, responding means that you put reaction time into the picture, which often fails to let you punish in time. Good prediction minimizes risk and puts you in a better position to punish on time.

In this situation lezardishi, in my opinion, made a good prediction considering that he likely realized in an instant that he was in Marth's F-Smash tipper range, and evaded the tipper F-Smash by realizing what Marth could do considering his options. His decision that a Wingdash would be appropriate was a good one, since starting it at that moment would ensure that the likely choices of F-Smash would fail, a dash attack would fail, a dashgrab would fail, and a SH fair would fail as well, all due to the startup invincibility and the big windpush. After wingdashing, Lezardishi saw the F-Smash miss, and since wingdashing lands with no lag, was able to counterattack immediately.

Prediction is the complement of reaction and response. Ishi could not have reacted safely to anything Marth could do without predicting that Marth would do anything. If response means waiting for the F-Smash to come out, ishi would have gotten hit. Human reaction time is about 16 frames and Marth's Smash comes out much faster.

If Marth delayed the F-Smash he would still miss due to the windpush. If lezard did not see an F-Smash come out after wingdashing it would be a mistake to run in and attack.

Sorry for being verbose about this; I'm in guide-writing mode right now. :D

Top Bottom