• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Coffee™

I need it....
So does anyone here play Tales of Symphonia?

*looks at my avatar*

I have a bad addiction to it. :(
Lol thats probably a no. I tried it once but never really got into it. I'm more or a final fantasy type guy as far as RPGs go. Or pokemon or something :laugh:

Also, Lol at the Mario boards discussion of Pit and their 60:40-65:35 adv on him. It's pretty funny :laugh: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227291&page=37

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So about Pit.

Have any of you heard his Japanese voice? It makes me want to kill myself.

Also I herd he can loop arrows and fly really far. But he's stupid and forgets how to fly sometimes and just falls to his death.

More serious discussion:

So uhm.... anyone still going to tourneys with Pit :-D I stopped checking the tourney scene because I've been to busy.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How so?

How do you guys loop your arrows when you do? I found out mixing up how you loop actually makes looping for more viable. The timing the arrow comes back down and the path you go to loop can let you dodge, re-approach, arrow flies by, and you counterattack.

I personally have been using the knot and horseshoe more often then a normal loop.

You guys should look into that. :p

kown

Smash Lord
holy ****...i think that look is amazing....can u change that to a baby/dark blue...and than i might fly over to florida for you.

i also rep pit at tournies...

@SuSa...your amazing because of what your trying to do and make us more lively... haha

EDIT: on the shield of pit can you like write KOWN...thatd be like amaazzing...this would make me MS more often haha

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm you can go final fantasy on pit and make his hair white and make his little laurels white instead or jsut normal green, that would look quite badass

Coffee™

I need it....
hmm you can go final fantasy on pit and make his hair white and make his little laurels white instead or jsut normal green, that would look quite badass
I was considering making his hair white and the laurels or w/e their called black. I was also considering making his wings white but I dunno I'm gonna try out some stuff and see what I come up with.

Only pits dair can even be considered bad, but that still has its uses (rising aerial) Uair has got some pretty sick priority and decent knockback, and our Nair is good for shorthopping, and it cancels out your fireball, mario can outcamp pit.... are you serious?
Dude. Nair is like Pit's worst aerial.....

Coffee™

I need it....
im not sure if your serious...but i agree with what you say about nair...his worst aerial
If you're talking about what I said about Nair then yeh I'm serious. If its about the other stuff then uh... I dunno?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Dude. Nair is like Pit's worst aerial.....
have you seen what sage does with nair, against heavys liek D3, he gets a shield poke form it SH'd almost every time, plus it cancels out fireballs.... so even if its his worse, it definitely has its uses in that matchup

Coffee™

I need it....
have you seen what sage does with nair, against heavys liek D3, he gets a shield poke form it SH'd almost every time, plus it cancels out fireballs.... so even if its his worse, it definitely has its uses in that matchup
No disrespect to Sage. He's definitley one of the better Pits out there and all but I think a lot of people meatride him way too much. They should stop. Nair has its uses yes but against most characters it's not a good approach and you'll get punished for it. Its best use is for eating up air dodges and spot dodges. I think all of Pit's other aerials are way better.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
No disrespect to Sage. He's definitley one of the better Pits out there and all but I think a lot of people meatride him way too much. They should stop. Nair has its uses yes but against most characters it's not a good approach and you'll get punished for it. Its best use is for eating up air dodges and spot dodges. I think all of Pit's other aerials are way better.
hmm yea people do hero worship sage quite a bit

uhm i dunno i dont really see so much use for Dair other then as a rising approach move... but here check this vid for why i think Nair is useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKUpewEd6g

yea i know its sage, but he did use Nair the most effectively of all people i have seen

kown

Smash Lord
WOWOWO...of course your going to use nair a lot on d3...d3 is one of the few chars who gets eaten up by nair.
i guess its mainly the big chars who gets ***** by nair....

but in general nair isnt that great...

and i agree on sage but no disrespect to him...but he also quit so wtvr.

kown

Smash Lord
nair does come out quickly...possibly the fastest aerial (maybe..not sure) ...so it would break up "combos" but in general im using dair,fair, upair, and bair way more than i nair...this is just from my playstyle tho...so its not like im saying your bad or anything....maybe its just a preference where me and maniac agree and your style is a bit different...not a big deal...some styles are better but time will tell whose is better..

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
oh haha, i dont use nair too much, because i do a lot of rising Dair approaches followed up by Fairs, but its osmething that since seeing Sage play i have always been trying to incorporate into my gameplay

do you ugys use rising Dair often?

Coffee™

I need it....
oh haha, i dont use nair too much, because i do a lot of rising Dair approaches followed up by Fairs, but its osmething that since seeing Sage play i have always been trying to incorporate into my gameplay

do you ugys use rising Dair often?
Rising Dair is the only way Dair should really be used. Dair is also a good starter for other moves like Fair, Bair and AR and it has good damage output. It's probably better than his Fair.....(maybe)

kown

Smash Lord
i also use dair when me and my opponent are sent towards the top of the screen...it has decent range and it will kill your opponent if it connects....mainly for teams tho.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm interesting, i never see people use rising dairs in tourneys, but it seems so effective and very very difficult to punish, plus its easily followed up

Esca

Smash Champion
I caught up with Reflex in tournament this weekend. Wario vs Pit.

It wasnt as bad as I had planned it to be.

Kown, we need to talk.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
So, I played in my first tourney a couple of weeks ago... and I got crushed. In my pool were both Anther and Quivo who, needless to say, ***** me. I've gotten a lot clearer view of what Pit is lacking as a character and in his meta-game. He simply has no tactics to keep him mobile and safe. I need work and advice.

kown

Smash Lord
I LOVE QUIVO!!!!!!!!!!..... he comes to texas every now and than.... phaigne you should talk to Dr.X since i believe hes one of the best pits in the midwest.

Pit against TL is a hard matchup....it becomes a spam fest... and you just have to learn to be more patient.

Esca

Smash Champion
I think that R@vyn is a ****ing idiot. Get this guys.

He believes that himself, rogue, and dannykat are the only tournament viable Pits.

Agrees?

EDIT: Kown, that matchup is 50-50. I think the key to that matchup is staying in his face, and when your not, mirror shield his zair. It works against all those characters.

Coffee™

I need it....
I think that R@vyn is a ****ing idiot. Get this guys.

He believes that himself, rogue, and dannykat are the only tournament viable Pits.

Agrees?
Um...lol.....ok?

Does Dannykat even play Pit?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Kown only loves me cause I give him advice about random **** and we had one pretty deep convo : p

kown

Smash Lord
we will have another deep conversation....and when are you coming down again?
and when do i get to see your hott friend/girlfriend again? hahaha jkjk
DUDE any smashers in the ohio area...its like a must see...you have to see q's gf!!!! haha
R@vyn...believe what you want to believe...sure. im not like angry or wtvr...its just blah
esca...dont worry you'll be better than them...they just dont know....so if theres a reason to play this game.. its to prove R@vyn/them wrong...okay?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ahh man i had a hot girlfriend for a while, that went bad though haha :(

im super pumped for tourneys once i get back to the states muhahahaha

Top Bottom