• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Well, I spam arrows, mostly. If they get wise and powershield, I charge them to throw off the timing/make them wear down their shield. One they finally approach me, I have a tendency to lose my cool and go agro. It's something I need to work on.

Also, run away -> B-reversed Arrow is a great way to start.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
meh...spamming arrows is not effective anymore

you gotta like came without actually camping

1. B reverse arrows while running away
2.Shoot an arrow after ever like move that pushes someone away
3. shoot arrows at people off stage
4. shoot arrows at people far away
5.shoot arrows for the ledge...lol...this is usually good after you have knocked them away with U-air from the ledge...although its still pretty good by itself

you gotta be smart about your arrows because blindly spamming will get you wrecked

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit's camping isn't all that great, well not in Euopre at least. Everyone knows how to PS my arrows, charged or not.
The goal of camping is to not build damage, but to frustrate the opponent to no end, so you can hit them w/ your stronger moves. Pit's arrows aren't great damage/priority wise, but they add a lot of chip damage, especially if you can knock your opponent in the air.

I think TKO's ruleset for arrows is a good example. Also, ledgecamp arrows should be added.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
best thing ever is right when u kill someone go ledge camp cuz after u get that stock lead their mindset is to get the kill and since u KNOW THAT it makes it so linear ive had times where i was 140ish after a kill went and ledge camped and got the ppl all they way to like 120 in a short spam of time becuz they were searching for that kill it works very well

there are exceptions...

1)toon link
2)other pits somewhat
3)zss
4)ike >> trust me not just cuz of dtilt spike either its just never safe with this guy
5)MK
6)snake somewhat
7)Ice climbers
8)CF but cmon u really gonna find one in tourney that often? xD

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
best thing ever is right when u kill someone go ledge camp cuz after u get that stock lead their mindset is to get the kill and since u KNOW THAT it makes it so linear ive had times where i was 140ish after a kill went and ledge camped and got the ppl all they way to like 120 in a short spam of time becuz they were searching for that kill it works very well

there are exceptions...

1)toon link
2)other pits somewhat
3)zss
4)ike >> trust me not just cuz of dtilt spike either its just never safe with this guy
5)MK
6)snake somewhat
7)Ice climbers
Reflex took a squat on me with captain falcon... Don't underestimate... But he didn't get to punish me on the ledge... His approaches are almost telegraphic, so how does he interfere?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
cuz if you slip up even once CF has the speed to run off ledge and uair and it hits 360 degrees nearly so it could **** u up and if u try to arrow its an easy uair if the cf is good enough and i never said CF was bad i
<3 him personally as well as ganon its just u dont SEE as many lol

dskank

Smash Journeyman

there are exceptions...

1)toon link
2)other pits somewhat
3)zss
5)MK
6)snake somewhat
7)Ice climbers
i would like to add to this list
falco
fox
wolf
ness
lucus
possibly mario
olimar

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Okay planking works great against Snake. What can he do besides a super-telegraphed ledgedrop bair? Leave grenades near the ledge? They just get WOI'd. Shoot a missile? lol

I think that if we are making a list of characters that Pit can't plank well against you should actually justify your points.

Planking against Captain Falcon and Ganondorf is possible, you just need to know how they will use their U-Airs. I really don't see how any spacies can beat planking.....

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Okay planking works great against Snake. What can he do besides a super-telegraphed ledgedrop bair? Leave grenades near the ledge? They just get WOI'd. Shoot a missile? lol

I think that if we are making a list of characters that Pit can't plank well against you should actually justify your points.

Planking against Captain Falcon and Ganondorf is possible, you just need to know how they will use their U-Airs. I really don't see how any spacies can beat planking.....
no but snake can have like 4 different setups on u at once while ur planking gl with that any non obvious snake does pretty well at stopping planking and i agree about the spacies they cant stop planking well no moves to do so with and also pit can plank ness well i fought Shaky in tournament last weekend and planing is a viable option u just have to keep an eye out on the nesses movements and youll be able to tell when hes going for the dair as for olimar LOL HE CANT DO **** ty

edit: it works on snake and it doesnt its kinda hard to explain it depends on the snake and how they are thinking/acting at that time cuz all moves u can do with planking are pretty much null and void with the correct setup

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I've theory-crafted something useful!!!

How about @ the beginning of a match or whenever: arrow, side-step, angelic step!?

That way, it give us the arrow coverage and then an approach!

EDIT: @ Kuro: MAKE THAT PLANKING THREAD!!!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've theory-crafted something useful!!!

How about @ the beginning of a match or whenever: arrow, side-step, angelic step!?

That way, it give us the arrow coverage and then an approach!

EDIT: @ Kuro: MAKE THAT PLANKING THREAD!!!
actually...i might do that and put a "camp" thread together instead of just planking :bee: and lol ill start testing out ur idea in matches and see how it works out :)

question tho how come whenever i try to put images up it doesnt work?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The image has to be http, and you most likely have to upload it to photobucket first so you can have a url. Once that's done, then click "insert image." Then see what happens.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
lol gstar i read ur thing on pits placement...and lol i think pit can be A tier easy o.o i already beat really good warios,falcos,marths,and snakes only one is MK...in which case i just go snake and let my crazy shenanigans that nobody has seen b4 ensue but i did get 2 stocks off M2K WITH PIT =3 and...then i got ***** so bad i quit playing for like an hour

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Haters gonna hate.

On the bright side I will be repping Pit at a tourny soon @_~. I know another Pit player who is coming, maybe I can get him to post on these forums.

HyL!

Smash Lord
so uhh, i recently picked up pit, absolutely no reason but a sora texture, it turns out he's pretty fun, so i want to give him a shot, any special things a luigi main would work on for using pit?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so uhh, i recently picked up pit, absolutely no reason but a sora texture, it turns out he's pretty fun, so i want to give him a shot, any special things a luigi main would work on for using pit?
get used to not having a ridiculous combo breaking foot in ur face nair:laugh:

but no seriously um learning the basics of arrows and pits movesets frames cg's etc
learn to zone with pits arrows learn to plank if u dont know how already...:laugh:
learn his AT's just so u know them they CAN be useful...sometimes lol learn how to kill with him unlike luigi he doesnt have 10 million kill moves

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
*You'll need to learn how to use up-b without getting gimped. Don't forget that you can fly to the other side of the stage, and that you can also use glide. You can also just jump and airdodge until you get to the ledge if you are off-stage.

*Arrows are the most important thing you need to learn in order to become a successful Pit. You'll have to become @ least 75% accurate with the arrows you shoot whether they hit a shield, the opponent, or wherever they may be on stage.

*Pit's main spacing tools besides arrows are Fair and Dair. Learn to space those moves on an opponent's shield without getting grabbed.

*Learn your followups! Pit is not a combo-oriented character such as luigi, so you'll be playing a different pace more often than not. It's best to pressure the opponent as much as you can with arrows, and then once you see an opening--take advantage of it, and build up as much damage as you possibly can.

*Once your're in the lead...NEVER APPROACH(In Tournament), just arrow camp. There are exceptions to this rule, especially if you see a situation where you can punish with a more damaging move(f-smash), or if you can take advantage w/ out getting punished.

*Learn when to use F-smash! F-smash is Pit's best damage racking move. It does 19% fresh and uncharged! That's pretty much on par w/ Snake's f-tilt(minus the range). F-Smash is a laggy move vs some characters(MK), so learning when you can and can't use it will improve your game. An example of a good time to use it is when your opponent is in a disadvantaged position(in the air, getting up from the ledge, on the ground). Another time to use it is after you powershield attacks. Depending on the move, you will more than likely have the opportunity to use F-smash. After you hit, you should follow it up w/ an arrow for more damage.

*Use a healthy amount of jabs.

*Learn your spacing w/ d-tilt.

*ATs are cool to learn, but focus on your basics in the beginning. Once you get past that point, THEN you can practice ATs. I still don't believe they are useful in most situations tbh. Wing-refresh is Pit's most practical AT IMO. You'll need that later when you start working on your edgeguarding game.

*And finally---you need to develop a strong mindset. For some reason, everytime you play Pit, you may feel that you don't need to camp or that you shouldn't. You may feel that it's wrong, and you've thought this way because of many people do not like being camped so they'll complain. Don't worry about what anyone says about Pit or how you play. Play to the best of your knowledge and don't be afraid to camp. Pit is one of the best campers in the game, and it would be detrimental to NOT use Pit's best tool.

Hope this helped

~GsTAr

You guys have a new member in your mits:

Could you imagine recovering? Then a MK hitting you? Yeah, I would be pissed....

So post those vids! Call 'em "bloopers" if you like

I wanna see the funniest moments in WoI history! :D

This is not a critique thread

Please help him out.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Pit has alot of combos imo. His combos are aerial based mainly.

Learn your spacing mainly and always keep moving.
Get used to your fast falling aerial timing. It helps with your spacing.

You can't really pick up a random character and always be good. Learn the most you can to main pit to begin adapting to matchups. All aerials lag, quickly adjusting arrows. How do most opponents tend to escape your shenanigans and learn from it.

EDIT: we have a mod now? Thank you

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lawlz. Not sure if KJ is your mod now too but he followed me into the welcoming thread and welcomed Dark star, looks like he's hooking him up now too.

I thought R@vyn was your mod :\

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Pit has alot of combos imo. His combos are aerial based mainly.

I dont really see these combos. I suppose pit has quite a few options to get someone into the air. DTilt, Dair, Grab, Utilt (and Dash Attack, U smash which are more kill moves) but actual combos. I havent found them yet.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
=\ I'll like to share my advance combos, but they are situational...

For some basics, his uair strings, to any move may not be guaranteed but are usually safe and can punish those who evade with dair. Just re space, if you don't want to be punished by mindlessly attacking.
But all I say is useless without momentum -_^

You guys can pretty much just count me as your temporary mod until we can find you a good one. So yeah, any concerns, questions, requests etc come to me with them <3.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
how do you apply for mod...I could be a legit one here seeing as I'm here alto

and LOL Koden...Avoiding Pittos the best

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol I didnt do anything impressive I lost to elev8's D3 and that was my only match that I used pit in...its whatever

lol

he was happy I beat that sonic though because he totally didnt want to play sonic.

-TKO

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
how do you apply for mod...I could be a legit one here seeing as I'm here alto

and LOL Koden...Avoiding Pittos the best
I really wanted to go(parent johns). Oh well, I'm sure I'll see you at some national. I'll try to make it to Dallas or Pound 5.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Personally, alot of my comboes are just based off of reads. Pit doesn't have many long attack chains, just alot of little ones.

You guys can pretty much just count me as your temporary mod until we can find you a good one. So yeah, any concerns, questions, requests etc come to me with them <3.

Yay! Hopefully order can now be brought back to these boards :)

Top Bottom