• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
But ledge attacks (mainly ones over a hundred) can be seen, you don't have wish for one, you can see and react to one and make sure you get that bair

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
My turkey day was muy delicioso!

Anyways, how would you Pits go about becoming smarter @ this game? Like someone w/ top-level mindgames, baits, forcing actions, etc...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Been playing simple as of now, it's working so good. I tried playing technical like I use to play it works but more errors. So far my simpleness is doing so great. Mindgames watch Earth play I love how he baits airdodges so hard.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Mainly forcing airdodges with arrows, and juggle traps. Like, get your opponent used to Uthrow>arrow, Dair>arrow, stuff like that (not @ 0% obviously). If he doesn't airdodge, it's free %. If he ends up airdodging, you can punish.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i like using jab jab grab and having them expect that then do it wait for spotdodge and fsmash instead. a few others illl be back with but for now...SNACK TIME. i still think we should have a theorycraft thread like the MK boards.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
when snake d-throw if you get up with u-tilt it makes snake normal d-throw options go bye bye. he cant regrab, it doesnt set off grenades on the ground, if he stands there he gets hit, it clanks with his f-tilt, its fast and spammable, etc.

link2702

Smash Champion
^i actually have to agree with that one.

i hardly ever see any pits in alot of vids i watch use his utilt at all, even in situations where it would be perfect to use it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yes it is very underused, the problem is that it has limited range and knockback. It has GREAT damage for a tilt though, and it's his quickest attack isn't it? So yeah, it's super stupid no one finds uses for this move much.

I use it quite a bit now myself, but I haven't demonstrated that in video yet. I'll get a serious-ly in with a few of my friends this weekend and show what I'm made of (cue: Final Boss music for Shadow) :cool:

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
When you say dair, arrow- you mean do an open dair, then arrow?
I was thinking of a regular Dair if you can land it, it'll send your opponent upward; if he's @ high percents and you can't directly follow up, shoot an arrow vertically while jumping again. It'll hit him or he'll airdodge and you have an opening.

I use "open Dair then arrow" when I'm trying to get the opponent away when I'm camping, a la MK.

About Utilt, I really like ledgedrop, airdodge onto the stage and Utilt. I find it really safe+rack up damages.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he does know dk vs marth is gay right? not in ratio just in how u have to play
yeah he knows. he does great against my marth. the dude just was straight up better than us. i know im not the best player in the world and i know when some one beats me because they are better. if no one comments for me that fine. im sure hes just frustrated is all.

ill be posting some of our matches against each other and others as soon as i get my dazzle back from pulse's house.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
tell him i have to consistently fight ppl way better than me...the important thing is u have fun and LEARN from it. dont get discouraged. trust me if a friends encouragement isnt enough then he just doesnt wanna play.

i fought m(two)k once how do u think that made me feel...though i did mirror shield gimp him which i will never forget XD...but ya made me feel like i had just started playing the game like bk in 08

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i have the same view as you actually. i remember having to play CHOICE's wolf and falco in tourney back when i started taking up pit and it was a slaughterfest on my stocks lol.

and nvm the postage. blaze actually just called and asked if i wanna brawl tonight so i guess he was just in brawl shock yesterday.

wow you played THAT ONE GUY? thats so cool dude! i wish i wasn't stuck in colfax and could go to big tourney's. but alas it will come someday.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
pools are like qualifiers u r assigned a group and the top half of that group advances to thee real bracket.

ppl like it cuz it means more sets more practice more fun.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Pools are pretty much there so that nubs like me that go tournies get to play more than 2-3 sets before getting knocked out. You pretty much play a set with everybody in your pool and record the results. The top half usually make it to the brackets, while the rest are eliminated. They also help seed the brackets.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are the people here aware of Pit's development in Japan?

Masashi just won a tournament this weekend [again] and he beat Akira and 9B. Both are top level players with their respective characters [MK and Ice Climbers] so it's by no means a "random" accomplishment. It's a BIG achievement and I was wondering [since Pit has no reputation in the USA] if people are aware of his accomplishments and are watching his videos? I think you can learn a lot from watching him.
Unlike a lot of players from the USA he [and Earth too] likes to roll a lot and I think Pit's roll is really good and underrated and generally a really good option on the ground as long as you don't do it out of a habit - as long as it is a conscious decision with a particular purpose you can roll behind the opponent a lot which creates TONS of openings [this is noteworthy since most people here seem to believe that Pit's approach game is lacking].

:059:

Top Bottom